News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

OOC:

@Fatch: I've PMed my reply to you. (I'm guessing that's what you wanted me to do :P)

Eulaliaaa!

As Eul worked, an idea formed in her mind. It was dangerous, but she wanted to get out as soon as possible. While reaching for another nail, she 'accidentally' spilled the entire box. With a gasp, she dropped down and clumsily tried to pick them all up, apologizing and dropping half the nails she grabbed. "I'm so so sorry, it will never happen again! I'll pick it all up, I promise, I'm so sorry!" She continued to apologize, her eyes flicking upward to see if the guards attentions was where she wanted it. As her hands flew over the nails, she oh so slowly pressed her shoe down onto a nail that had its point facing up. The nail went through the sole and between her foot and the side of the shoe. It was at an angle, so it didn't go through the shoe and poke out the top. Nervously, she looked at the guards to see if they had noticed while she picked up the last nail, setting the box on the table. "I'm so sorry, it won't happen again," she said.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Kyle slowly worked his way over to Eul. "Nice," he said. "With enough materials, I can make that into more than just a stabbing weapon..."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: @Groddil Yep, that's what you were supposed to do!  ;)

@Delthion You're not behind on anything.  Just talk with the people working besides you (Eul, Kyle, Antonio, Wilbur and yourself) Don't worry too much about the minor characters - they are there to give you information, to die, or to fulfill some purpose. No need to remember things about them or anything.

BIC:

The overseer eyed Eul suspiciously, then shrugged, and trudged back to his post, muttering about clumsy people.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Groddil

Soon after, Jason returned to the slave compound. The survivor had a guard following closely behind him as he ducked into the work area. The guard slammed the gate as Jason shuffled inside. Walking as if he had been injured, or at least concussed, the survivor made his way over to Delthion and slumped against the fence.

Fatch of Southsward

The day ended with hardly food, water or a break to speak of. All of the slaves felt thin, exhausted, hungry and thirsty. They were marched out of the workzone at gunpoint, and returned to the compound. Mercifully, they were not chained this time.

Squire walked into the compound, and spoke to the survivors for the first time since they had lost their freedom.

"I've been told to inform you that Byurn will happily supply you with another night's rest here. He will require another full day's work in compensation. Also for the meals you have had, two day's work is required to compensate him. Finally, I am to tell you that Byurn has each of your names written on a separate rock. If he is unsatisfied with your work tomorrow, he draws a rock, and kills the person who's name is on the rock."

Squire sighed and muttered in an undertone so the guards would not hear. "I'm sorry. On the bright side, no chains tonight. You may light a fire for warmth."

He turned before any reply could be made, and left the compound.

Hickory

Kyle grimaced. "Unless we sleep outside, and starve, there is no way to get out of his debt."

He buried his face in his hands. "Why? Why. I had to agree with this..."

Eulaliaaa!

Eul, who had called top bunk closest to the fire exit, curled up into a ball on her bed, cracking her knuckles once again. She had studied the layout of the compound carefully, noting every small detail. While she wasn't fatigued, she knew days of this would wear down her strength and lower the chances of her being able to get out. "You guys wanna light a fire?" she asked in a quiet voice.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

"With what?" grumbled Kyle. "No electricity to make any sort of spark, or firewood."

He flopped down into his bunk. "Jason," he said. "What did Tyler want with you?"

Groddil

Jason ignored Kyle, shaking his head and wincing.
"I don't want to talk about it."
He moved back to his position on the fence near the gate. He nodded to Delthion, who joined him at the gate. His plan had had to be delayed, due to the work. He had to join in briefly to avoid making the prisoners suspicious. Now, it was time. Leaving his "son" at the gate, Jason shuffled through the slave compound towards Wilbur. Time to finish the job. Reaching into his pocket, the survivor cocked the hammer of the Colt Python revolver he had concealed. When he was less than ten feet away from the other survivor, Jason pulled the weapon out of his pocket and shot Wilbur twice in the back of the head. Still holding the gun, the survivor turned on his heel and ran for the gate.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: You guys have a lighter @Sagetip (sorry I forgot to mention that.)

The guard, who appeared to have been waiting for this very thing to happen, grinned and let the two through the gate.

"Guess ol' Byurn was righ' 'bout you two. Made of stern stuff eh? Useful allies. Come with me, I'll bring ye to the man himself, he'll want to talk to you."

The gate slammed behind him, and the three left the compound, leaving one guard still on duty.

Behind in the compound, many of the slaves were yelling in horror. Wilbur lay face down. This time, Jason had finished him for good...

Group 2:

Jason and Delthion were brought before Byurn. He did not appear surprised to see them.

"There is no room for weaklings in my compound. This is part of survival. The weak will die, and the strong" - he smiled at the two before him - "will put themselves above others and live. They will keep humanity alive. They alone can save us all. You have proven yourselves strong. I'm providing you with your weapons, food and this radio. You may keep my Python Revolver. While you are away from the base, my mission for you is as I explained to Jason. You scout the land, find survivors and send them here. Find out more about the knights. They are freedom fighters giving me trouble. I need to know where their base is. Only people I can count on, like Jason here, will be able to help me defeat them. Good luck gentleman."

Hickory

Kyle sat bolt upright, wincing as his head hit the bunk above him. Cursing, he got out of bed and ran after Jason. "What the hell!" he yelled through the gate. "A psychopath, that's what you are!"

Eulaliaaa!

Eul sat upright with a gasp as the loud noise tore through the air. Trying to slow her heartbeat, she quickly took in the scene. Wilbur was dead, Jason and Del were missing, and Kyle seemed to be trying to get himself killed. She climbed down, using the lighter to start a fire in the firepit (OOC: I'm assuming there's already a place to light a fire) so everyone could see what was happening better. "Is anyone else hurt?" she yelled above the screaming, crouching down by Wilbur to make sure he was dead. They should have never come here. She stepped away, taking a deep breath and looking around.

Groddil

"Thank you, Mr. Byurn. We'll scout out the Knight's base and radio in. If we can, we'll gain their trust, try and get inside. We'll get a lot more information that way. Del, you don't have a handgun, so you can take the revolver."
Standing up, Jason handed the revolver to Delthion and stretched briefly.
"Okay, let's go get our packs. Grab some supplies, refill on ammunition, and leave as soon as possible."

Hickory

Kyle was fuming as he walked back towards the fire. "As if it couldn't get worse."

He knelt down and held out his hands to warm. "Surprisingly cold for Florida..."