News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Eul watched as smoke rose from the fire, noticing that it was between her and the guards. She looked up, seeing the fire exit. Rising up into a standing position on her bunk, she kept a careful eye on the guards as she lifted a hand. She was too short even if she jumped, and she didn't want to try jumping and pushing herself off the wall to get any higher. An injury as the last thing she needed. Sitting back down, she removed the nail from he shoe, glancing up at the guards, and tucking it into her waistband. It was easier to reach that way.

Eul scrambled down to the floor and slowly went to crouch by Kyle. "Hey," she whispered. "The fire exit's right above my bunk. I'm too short to reach it. Wanna give me a boost? Antonio can help you up after me, then we can pull him up and find out where to go from there. The lighter would be useful to have, we should probably take it." With that said, she stood up, her eyes darting towards the guards as she casually climbed up to her bunk to lie down.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

OOC: Should I go over now, or get Antonio?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Antonio was sitting on the opposite end of the fire, watching as the flames slowly ate through their makeshift fuel. He looked up as Kyle and Eul whispered to one another, standing up he changed his position so he was closer to them; so he could hear.
"I'm in," He muttered as they finished talking. "I'll help, and I'll keep my mouth shut from... From... I'll stay quiet about trusting strangers too."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Yeah, I guess we start climbing up and wait for Fatch to start PMing us the next step.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Kyle walked over to Eul's bunk and laced his hands together, forming a step. "Here you go," he whispered.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul waited for Antonio to get to them before she cast a glance towards the guards, quickly stepping onto Kyle's hands, reaching as high as she could. She was barely able to wrap her finger around the bottom rung. She tried pushing herself up by kicking off the side of the bunk and pulling herself up, not having as much upper body strength as she had thought. "Should have... done more of these at the gym... while I had the chance," she muttered, grabbing the next rung and climbing the ladder quickly and waiting at the top, her hand reaching down to do what she could to help people up. She looked around the roof, pressing herself down against it to make herself less likely to be seen as she studied her new surroundings.

LT Sandpaw

"I'll help you up next," Antonio suggested copying Kyle's hand-step. "I don't think Eul or I would be strong enough to pull... Pull you up, and I'm a fairly good jumper. Once your secure I think I might be able to reach your hands..." Antonio looked around nervously, most of the compound's occupants were already asleep, if any of them bothered to look over at them who knows what they might do. Whether they would keep quiet, alert the guards, or ask to join in. Antonio didn't want to take that chance, and as much as it pained him to leave them to their fate it was something they had to do if they wanted to survive. "Hurry," He muttered to Kyle.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Easily pulling himself over with the other's help, Kyle reached down so Antonio could grab his hand.

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:
The three escapees, now with roof access, surveyed their surroundings. They could see all over the compound. They could see crops beginning to grow in one corner, guards marching the perimeter and the houses and makeshift dwellings the residents must live in.

The building they had climbed onto was built to have roof access, and a trap door on the roof would allow them to enter the inside.

Group 2:
Groddil and Delthion shouldered their packs, as the gates shut behind them. A zombie who had been banging ceaselessly on the walls, turned and shambled towards them.

They were back in the wilderness.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

OOC: Is the government going to get involved at all?

BIC:

Kyle tested the trapdoor on the roof. "We could go inside," he said. "We'd have to probably fight off armed guards, though, but I need materials to build a weapon."

He reached for the handle. "We also need our packs..."

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: I mostly make this up as I go along. I just decide what I think would best test the group, and do it.  ;)

So yeah, I don't know about that one. No current plans to involve the government.

BIC:

Footsteps could be heard - a pair of voices were talking.

"I swear Peter, there's something up here." Came a deep voice.

"A bloody pigeon no doubt. I was havin' a nice nap 'fore you waked me up for this you know." Came a saucy reply with an English accent.

The trap door was grabbed on the other end, and it began to raise as one of the two guards began to push it up.

Hickory

Kyle pushed the others behind the trapdoor's hinge, so the guard emerged facing away from them. As soon as the heavy iron door closed, Kyle kicked the guard in the knee and wrapped his arm around his neck. Crude, but effective. He pulled the man's gun away as the guard lost consciousness.

Fatch of Southsward

The other guard raised his weapon and leveled it at Kyle.

"You'll pay for that'n mate!"

Hickory

OOC: I wasn't aware that the second guard was coming up.

I'm going to bed, so Eul and Antonio have the second guard.

Groddil

Jason ignored the zombie, rummaging through his pack.
"Eh, Del. Ya think ya can take him?"
The survivor motioned to the zombie, as he reached into the bag and pulled out his rifle. Having exchanged the old bolt-action rifle taken from Eddie for something better (the benefits of allying with Byurn), he now pulled his new rifle out of the bag. Shouldering the pack, the survivor inserted a clip into the gun. It was a SIG SG 550, a very good weapon. Switching on the attached laser sight, Jason clicked the rifle from burst fire into semi-automatic and fitted on the silencer.
"I can shoot him if you want, though."