News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Eul, who had been standing right next to Kyle, slowly moved in front of him with her hands in the air. "Alright, alright. Calm down man, it's ok. I'm putting my hands in the air so you can see them, ok? See? No sudden movements, it's ok. Calm down, man." She hoped Kyle or Antonio would be able to shoot him or take him down, as she was not sure how to disarm the man without possibly getting Kyle behind her shot. She was hoping for Kyle to take the opportunity to shoot the man while his attention was focused on her.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Grabbing the first guard's gun, Kyle savagely bashed the second guard to unconsciousness with the stock of the weapon. Grabbing his ammo and sidesrm, he offered the pistol to Eul. "Here. If you can't use it, give it to Antonio. I'd like more than one of us armed."

He started down the trapdoor.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul took the gun, making sure it was loaded and safety was off. "Of course I can use a gun," she said defensively, going down the trapdoor after Kyle and quickly studying every detail of their surroundings once again. Her gun was raised, though she didn't want to shoot it unless she had no other choice. Shooting a gun would raise an alarm, making it all the more impossible to get out. She looked for a fire exit escape route or map posted on the wall. Maybe it would have information as to where the best place to leave and possibly look for their supplies would be. Kyle had wanted to go after the supplies, and while she wanted them as well, she would rather get out of this place than get caught going after something they didn't necessarily have to have.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Grabbing a few materials from a nearby toolbar, Kyle shoved them into his pocket. "There should be a storeroom somewhere, and a medical wing where Antinio can get more medical supplies."

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

They entered a hallway. The first door on the right, which they glanced into, was full of gear.

There were dozens of barrels inside the room, and each was filled with a different item. Guns, bags, watches, clothes, ammunition, shoes, weapon sights, laminated armor, canned food and so on. They could distinguish their own gear among the lot. How many people must have been captured to create such a stockpile?

The door on the left was a doctor's office. Bandages, first aid kits, microscopes and surgical equipment lined the walls. It looked as though the room was used often. There was a single vial, inside a glass case, labeled "Y5dd Pathogen Antidote." Many other antidotes labeled with various medical terminology and also the word "ineffective" were gathered in a box next to the glass case. Clearly the scientists of this place were trying to replicate the single vial.

A third room had a wall completely covered with a map. Various areas of the map were marked, with small notes. One read "Former police station. 10 survivors based here." Some of the notes had been crossed out with the word "terminated."

East of the supermarket, there was a giant question mark, with the word "Knights?" written in black marker.

Finally, beyond the rooms, there was a stairway with an "Exit" sign above it.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

OOC: Who's well equipped now, Groddil  >:D

Kyle grabbed his bag and filled it with tools and anything that could be used to build another thing. "Get another set of clothes and some good boots," he said. "They'll be coming after us."

Turning in the AK that the guard had for an M4A1 carbine and a SOPMOD kit, he picked a P226 as a sidearm. Searching the other rooms, he called to Antonio. "Come look at this. They've been doing research on an antidote."

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: We lucked out big time ;D

BIC: Eul went into the the room with their things, making sure the place was clear before she searched through her bag. Everything was in order, and she found her old clothes under the bag. "Yes," she muttered, immediately changing into her old clothes and running shoes. Quickly, she put everything where it belonged, clipping her machete and flashlight onto her pants loop and placing her pocket knife in her back pocket. "Good, good, great," she whispered as she strapped the backpack onto her back, searching through the other supplies. Taking some body armor she hoped would be small enough to fit, she tucked it under her arm as she strapped a watch to her wrist. Opening her bag, she took canned food and water, some ammunition too. Hurrying to the medical area, she took a first aid kit and closed her bag.

Finally, with her gun ready, she went into the map room, making sure no one else was there. She took the map down, folding it and tucking it under her arm with the armor, and she looked at all the notes, scattering them and putting them out of order. Quickly, she found the others. "You ready to go? What did you guys get?" She heard what Kyle said, and grudgingly took the boots she had been wearing, putting them in her bag. Nothing else there was something she was willing to even touch other than a baggy green sweatshirt, which she put on over her jacket.

Hickory

"SOPMOD kit," explained Kyle. "I can change the gun to fit plenty of different circumstances. It won't just be zombies we're killing..."

He scattered a few parts over the table. "I'm modifying my tesla so that it's more like a rifle. The old pistol build won't work..."

He folded up a map and stuffed it in his bag. "I'll take some of the body armor pieces, but not too many, we'll want to move quickly."

He looked at Antonio. "Should we take the antidote? At the very least, it's safer here..."

LT Sandpaw

OOC: You guys moved really fast. :P

IC:

Antonio quickly changed from his prison clothes into a more suitable pair of clothing, he even managed to find his old CDC cap, though he left off putting on the old medical jacket. Digging around he found a good AR-15 with a scope which fit his hands, a combat vest with some Kevlar protection; which he filled with magazines of ammunition, a pistol and a combat knife. In his backpack he loaded a good supply of food and other necessary equipment including a poncho, and map of the local area.

Following Kyle into the medical room he added to his original stash of medical supplies, collecting a wide selection of medicines and clean bandages, gauze, and even injection needles. Satisfied he zipped the lot up pulling it onto his back. Curiously he wandered over to stand by Eul and Kyle looking curiously at the so called antidote.
"I wonder if it works, or how it works..." He paused then opened the case and slipped the antidote into one of his pockets. "I'll bet they have samples here, if they figure it out good on them. But I feel these people would use a possible antidote selfishly. We need to take this to a proper lab, and have it tested." Tightening all his straps down, and adjusting his heavy gear so it fit more comfortably he nodded to the other two.
"I'm ready."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

With the plentiful gear of their enemies on them, the three escapees exited the building, and found themselves only a minute's jog from the gate. Eight guards were scattered in different positions at the gate, but their backs were to the survivors. They were, naturally, watching the road for enemies, not the supermarket.

One of the guards turned around - it was Squire. His eyes widened and his mouth opened in shock to see the three friends so close by.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

Kyle leveled his rifle at Squire. "If any of you say anything, he's getting a bullet through the heart. Drop you weapons."

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Wait, before I post my reply to this situation, would the guards even hear Kyle? I mean, they're a minutes jog from the gate, which is where the guards are, so I don't think they would be close enough to hear him say that. At most, Squire would see Kyle aiming at him and decide whether to raise an alarm or not.

Hickory

Delthion

Delthion shrugged at the zombie and deftly decapitated it with his sword that had been returned to him. "So what exactly are we doing?" He asked, cleaning his blade on the grass.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: We're a minutes jog away. That's... kinda far if you think about it. Anyhow:

BIC: Eul quickly ducked back inside the building before the guards had time to react, hoping the others would follow. She couldn't believe Kyle just drew the guard's attention to them, they needed a plan. They could barricade the door to think of one. She remembered seeing a bottle of some kind of alcohol in one of the rooms, and with the paper from the map room, they could use the lighter and make a molotov cocktail. Since they had access onto the roof, they could climb up and throw it towards the area where crops were growing. Not only could it damage their food supply, but it would make a distraction and possibly give them a chance to make a run for it.