News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Jason shrugged as he continued fiddling with the rifle.
"We need to scout the place out. Gain their trust, get as much stuff as we can, and run. Head north, as always."
The survivor paused for a second as he heard noises inside the supermarket.
"That doesn't sound good. Place could be under attack. Come on, we have to make a run for it. We'll come back here later and see if the place is still intact."

Fatch of Southsward

Byurn's face turned pale.

"You would risk robbing thousands of the cure to this disease purely to escape yourselves? Clearly I misjudged you. But there may be a bigger problem."

He turned and stared at his hostage, for the first time since the survivors had met him, in fear:

"If this man isn't with me, and he isn't with you... Then who's he with?"

No sooner had the sentence been finished when the entire gate exploded. The scene erupted into pure chaos. Some guards, believing Eul, Antonio and Kyle to be responsible opened fire on them. The windows shattered and Antonio, still standing in the open, was hit in the stomach. Luckily, he had picked up a combat jacket, and the force of the bullet merely knocked the wind out of him. Smoke grenades flew over the wall, covering the entire battlefield in blinding, dense smoke. The only visibility was flashes from gun muzzles as both sides opened fire.

"It's the Knights! I got one!"

"Send these murderers back where they came from!"

A full scale war seemed to have broken out. Squire pushed open the door, and collapsed inside, holding his left shoulder in obvious pain, and panting frantically. He glanced up and found himself staring into the faces of Eul, Kyle and Antonio. "P... Please don't kill me!" The entire building shook as a grenade flew over the wall and blew a sizeable hole in the side.

Group 2: As Jason and Delthion ran, they passed lots of zombies. More than they had ever seen. They were shambling in droves towards the supermarket, from which booms and shots could now be heard.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

"I won't, but they will," Kyle said to Squire, motioning towards the destroyed gates.

He turned towards the others. "We need to leave a different way. There must be some sort of side gate, or at least an escape route."

Offering a hand to Antonio, he looked at the wall. "We could climb over the outer wall."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Aw man, I wanted to see how my plan would have worked. Oh well.

IC:

Clutching his stomach Antonio groaned, allowing Kyle to pull him to his feet. He deftly slipped the vial of antidote into his pocket, standing unsteadily as he looked around at the others. "Are... Are?" He shook his head violently. "Are you all okay? I think I got hit... Eul you okay?" Antonio glanced at Squire then, still clutching his bruised stomach the young doctor knelt down gently touching the inured man's shoulder. A spray of bullets thundred through the open windows making him flinch instinctively.
"Why don't we ask him?" Antonio advised applying pressure onto Squire's wound. "Alright Squire, do you know about a back entrance, or escape rout? Somewhere we could get out without running through that battle?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Eul was crouching down to avoid the bullets, realizing she should be wearing the vest instead of carrying it around. She quickly put on the body armor, pulling her backpack on again. "I'm fine, what about you, Kyle? Squire, we need you to help us out. We won't leave you behind, you'll get out safely with us, ok?" She held her machete tightly in one hand, keeping the map tucked under her arm in the other.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

Delthion heard loud explosions coming from the base. Delthion turned to Groddil as they ran, "They seem to be in trouble in that supermarket, I doubt they have any time to worry about us, let's not do carry out this mission, it seems rather pointless to kill people that aren't direct threats. Wilbur was a threat, but these knights aren't at the moment."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

"Agreed. Like I said, we were only doing this to gain their trust enough to horde supplies before we escaped. Right now, it doesn't look like they're fit to give orders anymore. Y'know what, Del, stuff it, They'll think the Knights got us if we disappear, there's the North Star, let's go.

Hickory

"Take this," said Kyle, holding out his gun to Eul. "Cover the entrance, I'm going to try and make an explosive to leave behind for Tyler..."

He emptied his bag of parts and started making a bomb.

Delthion

Quote from: Groddil on July 29, 2016, 09:49:19 PM
"Agreed. Like I said, we were only doing this to gain their trust enough to horde supplies before we escaped. Right now, it doesn't look like they're fit to give orders anymore. Y'know what, Del, stuff it, They'll think the Knights got us if we disappear, there's the North Star, let's go.

"Sounds great!" said Delthion as he strode off in the night. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

Squire nodded

"South side of the base, little door to the outside. Can't miss it, there's a .guard tower right next to it"

As the hordes of zombies, attracted by the noise approached, the sound of an engine could suddenly be heard, and the gunfire lessened. A large military vehicle could be seen through the smoke, driving away into the woods. Several figures on horseback followed.

The smoke cleared further, revealing hundreds of zombies, shambling into the base. Half of the residents were now in the open area inside the base, armed with guns.

"Hurry! There must be hundreds of them!"

Shots rang out once more, as the townspeople began to fight the zombies. It was a clever strategy - hit hard and retreat, leaving the dead to do as much damage as possible.

Squire coughed feebly : "Hurry, get out of here. They have forgotten you're here for now, but they will soon remember once the shock of the attack lessens."

Group 2:

Jason's radio crackled to life, and Byurn's voice could be heard clearly:

"Just had an attack on the supermarket from the Knights. They retreated East, into the woods, towards Bennett Farms. Head that way and find out where they are hiding. Byurn out."

Hickory

Kyle wanted to ask Squire who the nights were, but decided not to. Holding up three charges, he put them in his pockets before taking his rifle back from Eul. "There's the guard tower," he said. "If we stay on the roofs and keep low we should be fine."

LT Sandpaw

"That sounds go to... To... To me, lead on Kyle. And c'mon you." Antonio grunted pulling Squire to his feet and supporting him. "Point us wrong, and we'll use you as a zombie snack." Struggling slightly the two men followed after Kyle and Eul.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Groddil

Jason stared dumbly at the radio, before pulling out his pistol. He pressed the talk button on the radio and fired several shots into the air.
"Byurn? They've got as pinned down. We're in some sort of abandoned house, there's knights every- Del! No!"
The survivor pulled the trigger if the gun twice more, before dropping the radio to the ground and stomping on it.
"Radio's broken. Let's get out of here."

Fatch of Southsward

Squire did not look pleased about this, but consented.

The odd group of four made it to the guard tower, and opened the door to leave. As soon as they stepped out, however, a raspy voice and an ugly face greeted them.

Byurn was burnt and scarred. His face was mangled from burns. Seeing them staring, he smiled lopsidedly.

"Your little trick with the crops. Thanks for that."

He pulled the pin on the grenade he had been holding, but did not let the handle pop up.

"I release this handle we all die. You shoot me, it releases, we all die. You people could have ruined everything. You're stupid! Foolhardy! Who the devil do you think you are? Look at what you've done! Trusting Squire once again. Did you think I did not arrange for him to send you here? It was I who shot him in the shoulder. One way or another I knew we would all end up here, right now. And now we're here. And you're going to hand me the antidote, take off my gear and get out, to never come back."

Group 2:

Attracted by the shots, over two dozen zombies that had been headed for the supermarket turned and shambled towards Delthion and Jason instead. They were surrounded on all sides.

Groddil

Jason shrugged, raising his rifle.
"Out of the frying pan..."
Double-checking the silencer, Jason squeezed the trigger several times, watching the heads of two zombies split open, while a third undead had its leg shredded.
"Think you can handle melee? You still have that revolver."