News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Eul was used to being underestimated, but Eric calling her just a girl incapable of accomplishing such a task still ticked her off. She turned to him. "I'm more likely to make it than anyone here. So make yourself useful, and take my gun. Start clearing a path, I'll go." She looked to the others, ready to jump down and make a run for it, waiting for them to open fire and help out.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Kyle took aim with his rifle. "Ready when you are," he said.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Antonio had been busy inspecting his torn boot, he looked up his face ashen. "I don't think we have much of a choice at this point. Eul is right, she's more likely to make it, and we can only try this once." Loading his AR-15 he aimed down the sights targeting a large zombie, he shot hitting it in the shoulder knocking it off its feet.
"Damn this. Eul make sure to take off all your gear before you go, don't even take your machete, there's too many to fight off anyway. You'll need both hands free to get up that ladder as fast as possible."

Clearing the chamber Antonio began firing at will, hitting zombies and pavement alike. Still it had the desired affect, thinning the crowd somewhat.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

"You think I have a death wish?" Eul laughed as she dropped her backpack. "I'm taking my machete." She crouched down, hoping her combat armor would help if any got close, and took a deep breath, waiting for an opening as the group opened fire. She saw a chance and jumped off the van, her machete in one hand and a knife in the other as she ran full speed towards the fire escape and cutting down any zombies that managed to grab on to her or were close enough to attack.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

Eul landed on the ground, and was immediately rushed on all sides. Roughly a dozen were behind her, five were on the right and left and eight approached her head on. They extended their arms and growled excitedly. Their next meal was not far away now. Drawn by the gunfire, more zombies poured from the side streets and alleys into her path - closing some of the gaps.

How would she get through the first wave? The eight in front of her were blocking her path.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

A spray of bullets took down a few zombies. Kyle loaded a fresh magazine and took aim again. "Hurry up, these bullets aren't endless!"

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: *sigh* it would be helpful if you guys aimed specifically at the ones closest and in front of me :P

Hickory

OOC: I meant the eight in front of you.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Antonio's not a great shot, if he shot at the ones in front of Eul he might end up hitting Eul. :P  ;D

IC:

Antonio's heart jumped to his throat as zombies swarmed in on Eul. Had they just sent her to her death? His lip trembled as he emptied one magazine and reloaded another, the swarm of angry lead biting into, and even ripping through zombies. There was no way he could ever take down the ones charging her head on, Kyle had seen to a few, but they were closing in fast. In desperation his eyes landed on the thin leftmost flank, and a wild idea popped into his head.
  "Run left! Run left and dodge around!" He screamed over the growling, aiming down his sights and blasting bullets into two of the flanking zombies' heads. Due to how well they had lined up in their shuffling walk the powerful bullets ripped through the rotting flesh slamming into a third tripping it up, sending the clumsy creature to the ground. He was out of bullets, but Eul could handle two zombies.

Hopefully...

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Well, I'm just saying... this is the second time I've risked my life for you boys and last time I lost a finger. Jeez, a little appreciation is all I ask ;D

BIC: Eul saw the opportunity and took it, taking down the two zombies with ease and continuing on her run to the fire escape. If she could get up it, she would send the ladder down so the others could cross and get to safety.

Fatch of Southsward

The next wave of zombies had been slightly thinned by Antonio's gunfire. Several of them were on the ground. There were two on the ground directly center, and four were shambling towards Eul to the right and four stood awaiting her to the left. If she hopped over the dead ones, she could avoid this wave altogether!

The rest of the group heard voices and turned to see several figures wearing all black with matching black bandanas, along with sunglasses. They were a good ways down one of the alleys. One of them had a sniper rifle. They appeared to be trying to get a clear shot on the van, but the horde of zombies was preventing them from doing so. Eric groaned -

"Could this be any worse? Those are the guys that shot my driver!"

This new group appeared to own a pickup truck - and one of them was now standing on the cab. He lowered an assault rifle and took aim...

Eric raised his pistol as well, aiming for the villain. His aim was shaky from the stress and his grave injuries.

"What do we do? We can't engage them and keep Eul safe!?"

The van door was torn off below them and zombies poured inside. They banged on the ceiling and shook the van more violently still.

Hickory

Kyle handed a clip of ammo to Antonio. "This is my last mag, it should fit in your rifle. I'll try and keep the sniper down, you stay on the zombies."

LT Sandpaw

Loading the magazine into place Antonio took aim, killing a zombie with a lucky shot. "I'm getting better at this," He muttered to himself, repeating the process and felling another. He slipped slightly, the van was shaking horribly. "Let's hope this thing can hold... Hold... Stay together a little longer."

Fatch of Southsward

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: sorry, I've been busy. Three essays in the first week of school :P

BIC: Eul bounded over the dead zombies, reaching the fire escape and swiftly climbing up. Pushing the ladder, she watched as it fell on top of the van so the others could use it. As she did so, she saw the people and ducked down, moving to a place where she was out of their range. They didn't look friendly, so if she could get a clear shot, she would take it.