News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise I

Started by Fatch of Southsward, June 15, 2016, 03:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Jason holstered his weapon, crouching further into the bushes. He peeked out at the road and ducked back to Delthion.
"Hey kid, looks like somethin' big. Could be a settlement, could just be gangs controllin' the place. We could keep going through the woods, or we might see if we can gain entry. Get some supplies, be on our way. Whaddaya think?"

Delthion

Delthion thought a moment, "Maybe we should address them and see what their reaction is? If they tell us to leave or they will shoot then we leave, and if, not then we will see what we do from there. But what do you think? They might just kill us if we walk up to them."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul sheathed her machete, putting her hands in the air. "Woah, hey, put the gun down. He was a zombie, we don't know how." She held her breath, hoping they would react in a non-violent way.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

Jason took his gun and handed it to Delthion.
"I'll step out into the open, see what happens. If one of 'em shoots at me, shoot him back."
The survivor braced himself, took a deep breath, and stepped out into the road with his hands raised.
"Hello? Don't worry, I'm still alive. For now. I want to know what this place is. Are you letting other survivors inside?"

LT Sandpaw

Still down on his knees Antonio put his hands in the air, he and Wilbur were directly in-line of Randall's gun. Eul was still protected by the haystack, and Kyle... Kyle was hidden behind the door.
"Yeah what she... She... She's right, Wilbu- I mean he was saving me." Antonio added while trying to silently warn Kyle to remain hidden, if the two did turn hostile Kyle might be their only chance of coming out alive.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1: Randall, unaware of Kyle's presence, realized he had all the survivors he knew about under his control. He hesitated for one long second, and then lowered his gun.

"Don't know what you were thinking, letting one of them in here with you. I assume this means you're willing to share the barn for the night?"

(Night is coming soon.)

Group 2:

There was a pause, and then a red dot appeared, directly between Jason's eyes. No shots were fired, and no reply came from the fort.

After a minutes pause, a man wearing a Hawaiian button up shirt and shades stepped out of a small door to the right of the eighteen wheeler.

"No need to worry, so long as you have good intentions. My name's Squire - what do you want? Who are you?"
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Delthion

Delthion whispered to Jason. "I'm not sure that we should pursue this, we are probably going to be more at risk in here than on our own."
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

Jason nodded to Delthion, before turning back to Squire.
"Just survivors. Our last group was too incompetent, so we left before they got us killed. We were just passing by when we saw this place. Are you allowing others inside?"

Fatch of Southsward

Group 2:

Squire's face was unreadable -

"We do indeed allow people inside." He said simply.

The door behind him opened, as though on its own:

"Care to come in then?" - he gestured towards the door and bowed his head slightly.

Eulaliaaa!

Eul glanced at the others from behind the haystack, shaking her head. "There's not a lot of room," she said, hinting that they weren't welcome. "Though there might be another barn somewhere nearby, I'm sure it wouldn't be far." She remained hidden, letting her machete hang down by her side, but ready to use it. She didn't know what the people would do next, and she didn't want them anywhere near the barn her group was staying in.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

Delthion, who was still hidden from view of the barricade whispered to Jason, "This is way too easy, we need to walk away. They're not searching us, or anything of the sort. Let's get out of here." Delthion, who was still hidden from view of the barricade.

Groddil

Jason nodded, taking a step towards the door.
"Thank you for your hospitality. We will certain-"
The survivor looked agitated, and began looking around strangely.
"Oh no. He was right behind me when we first saw this place. Must have been separated when the zombies...Squire! I have to go back, find my son! He'll be in this area, probably up a tree or something. I'll return at nightfall, with or without him."

Delthion

OOC: Was that only a ploy to get out of the area?

Fatch of Southsward

Group 1:

Randall frowned.

"I highly doubt I will find another fortified barn within the next few hours for us to stay in. Unless you would like to have our blood on your hands, I think you should let us stay. Send us out there in the dark tonight and you'll be killing our zombified selves by tomorrow morning."

Group 2:

Squire did not seem overly concerned.

"Whatever man, if you really abandoned your group due to their incompetence, how could you have your son with you? Wouldn't he be the most incompetent of all? But I don't care. You don't wanna come in, just say so."

He tossed Jason a chocolate energy bar.

"Whole store's full of em, and much more. Keep it in mind when you're starving alone out there."

"And don't think I'm not onto you. I noticed you used the words 'our' and 'we' when you talked about your old group earlier - when you first stepped out. There's more of you. I know it." His eyes hovered momentarily on Delthion's hiding place, but he did not spot him. "Just know any ill intent towards our group won't be tolerated, or successful. Good luck finding your son."

With that, Squire turned and walked back into the fort.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Who all is left with group one?

IC:

His knees were starting to hurt. Slowly, being careful not to startle anyone Antonio got up, putting away his pistol. The doctor wasn't sure what to think at this point, clearly this Randall was rather determined to stay, though his compatriot wasn't saying much. In fact, Antonio hardly remembered his name, Ryan or something.
Looking around at the others Antonio shrugged chewing on the bottom of his lip. "Maybe we should talk it over first in the back... You...You...You... We haven't know you for very long, not long at all. And I hardly trust the...the." Antonio just stopped talking, letting himself relax before continuing. "These people I've been with. By he by, have any of you seen Soren?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro