News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

RIP Anton Viktorovich Yelchin

Started by rachel25, June 20, 2016, 08:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

I don't know if anyone's done anything for this yet but I couldn't find anything so I thought I would. Yesterday morning the actor who played Chekov in the new Star Trek films was killed in a freak car accident aged just 27. RIP Anton Viktorovich Yelchin.

Jukka the Sling

Not sure exactly what to say here, but I hope God is with his family in this awful time.

(I've never seen the new Star Trek movies, but on Saturday I saw this guy mentioned online, so I looked him up.  And then the next day, to my utter shock, I found out that he'd died.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

I found out this evening whilst talking to my dad about the trailer for the new film coming out next week. I've been in a small state of shock all evening. I'm not a massive star trek fan but I like the films and saw him in other films. June isn't a great month for me anyway but this really stirred up that feeling of fragility inside of me I guess, a reminder that no matter what you think you're not invisible. My thoughts and prayers go out to his poor family.

Delthion

WHAT??!!! That is so sad. He was awesome in both of the movies...may he rest in peace.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Eternal rest, grant unto him, o Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Yeah, killed by a freak car accident. The car model had been recalled for a gearshift problem.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Perifaen

I will keep him and those he knew in my prayers.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Banya

Another member of the 27 club. That's really sad.