News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Fourth of July

Started by Skyblade, July 04, 2016, 04:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Happy 4th of July :) I really like watching and listening to the fireworks. What a nice holiday! So glad I get to see it, and thankful to make it to another one.

I live in the USA, and I'm grateful for that. There's no doubt that our country has problems (massive ones :P). But if you put things in perspective, this is still a much better place to live in than some other parts of the world.

That being said, I'm happy to be here.

Let's celebrate and share 4th of July stories if you have any.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Ashleg

I literally just came back from my Grandma's House where we did the Fourth of July tonight (since not everybody will be free tomorrow on the actual Fourth) and I'm still wearing an awesome glow necklace.  ;D

Tomorrow we're going to check out my dad's friend's arcade and then a friend of mine and I are going to watch fireworks together.

Delthion

The 4th of July, why it was made the fourth is beyond me. They signed it on the 2nd of July, and it was released to the people on the third! ;D

But all the same, happy Fourth of July!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Gonff the Mousethief

Yes! The most American day of the year! I hope you all have a happy Fourth of July like I will be having. Have my flag-tee, flag bow tie, flag hat, and American bandanna all ready to wear around my house tomorrow. People here in Arkansas have been shooting off fireworks for weeks now, and all the songs in church today were America themed. Patriotism is just awesome.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Other than the fact that it's the third still. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Skarzs on July 04, 2016, 07:54:02 AM
Other than the fact that it's the third still. . .

I'm pretty sure it's the Fourth.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rosie Willowwater

I celebrated a day early because it was supposed to rain :)

The Skarzs

We see the fireworks show early because it's about twice as busy on the fourth. Today we're going to some friends' for a potluck.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

LT Sandpaw

We raised a pig and named it Independence for this Fourth of July. He worked our garden while he lived, and yesterday we roasted him up and ate him. (We had our Independence day party on the third ::) ) I gotta say home grown pork is pretty good, but I still prefer barbeque chicken. When we were wrangling him to get him in the cage to take the porker to our makeshift butchery he seemed to know what was going on, and went from a docile pig, to a raging beast of pink, a regular hundred fifty pound monster. He bit me good, and it took four people to hog-tie him and slit his throat, I was sure I was going to get some sort of nasty disease because everyone was covered in mud, and blood but as far as I can tell I'm still fine.

While we were waiting for them to finish cooking everything me and my cousin Sandfur, (ya'll remember him right?) we started a war with those little TnT Pop-its with several other people; I had a great time, but now I'm home relaxing.

Anyway Happy 4th people.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rosie Willowwater

I'm sorry sand, but that is just so sad to me :( I always feel bad killing animals :(

LT Sandpaw

I'm not a huge fan of killing animals either, but he had a good life, and he fulfilled his purpose. Not to mention he was pretty good.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rosie Willowwater

You are way braver than I am :P

The Skarzs

Some friends of ours go to a ranch and pick their pig, shoot it, and roast it for Easter. :P It gets all eaten.

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on July 04, 2016, 05:48:57 PM
Have fun then skarzs
"Fun".
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM