News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Crews of the Open Breeze RP

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, July 11, 2016, 05:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

"Wot boss? Yer the boss. The boss o' the other fing's dead an' in da water. An' 'we wasn't me boss anyway! Wot's a brig? Wot's a pirate? I doesn't unnerstand wot yer talk in' about! Git off me!"
Filthface whirled around, punching a nearby crewbeast that had grabbed him, and dived straight into the water, vanishing from sight.

LT Sandpaw

Rushing to the side Splint leaned out over the railing watching the ripples spread as Filthface disappeared under the surface. The squirrel hesitated, he wasn't a good swimmer and diving after the escapee and catching him was out of the question. Still there were some otters amongst the crew. Splint glanced towards Ross, waiting to see what the mouse ordered.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Ah, he isn't worth the salt o' our tears." Alfonso said waving off any empathy of the lost crewbeast. "Becline cheated in every game o' dice we played. Hoy, Cap'n; whose at the wheel? We be needing somebeast skilled up there or we'll drift off course in these winds."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Seadog gave an uncaring shrug. "Ain't gonna be me, I been standin' out 'n this rain for long 'nough. I'm goin' down an' gettin' a drink," she said, turning to leave. "I can go an' get somebeast t' take care o' it, if'n ye want."
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Fatch of Southsward

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Groddil

Gonff the Mousethief

Marshall glanced back at the wheel.
"I just 'ave it tied up a bit, keepin' it on course f'a'while. Y'know, would y'mind gettin' Longclaw back up 'ere and workin' it? He seems t'be a pretty good ol' lad f'the job." Marshall gave a small, quaint smile, then turned to go back to his Cabin. The broom he was using was definitely not sturdy enough in that form. Adjustments would have to be made.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: Nooo, this is one of my favorite RPs, don't let it die!

BIC: Little Seadog made her way down to the cabin, seeing all the crewbeasts recovering from the giant waves that hit the ship earlier. She sank down into her bunk, pushing her bag under it, where it belonged. "Ey, Longclaw. Marshall wants ye up on th' deck steerin' th' wheel," she said as she took a drink of the grog she had brought with her for the journey.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Yeah, I kind of stopped all of the activity on Marshall's ship there  :P. We can do a time skip after Sage posts though so it will be back to morning.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Hickory

The rat crammed the rest of a stale biscuit into his mouth. "Aye, thanks matey" he replied before exiting the crew deck. He saluted the captain as he passed the fox on the way to the wheeldeck. "Same course, Cap'n?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Gonff the Mousethief

"Aye Longclaw. We might be a lil' closer than when when that great ol' storm started, but y'can manage, can't y'ol' mate?" Marshall smiled and patted his steersman on the back before waddling off back to his Cabin. Now, he could get some rest.

OOC: So is everyone on The Blu Tail good with a quick time skip to morning?
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

Amazed that his crew had somehow allowed the creature to escape the ship, he waved at them in exasperation. Ross recognizing the look Splint had given him, and gave him a quick nod.

"Aye Splint, already know what's on your mind! Sea otters! See if you can catch that creature. Pine Martens don't hold a candle to you rascals in the water! Away with ya' now! Hurry! 'Fore he drowns himself!"

He leaned on the rails, watching the sleek creatures disappear with hardly a ripple.

Groddil

Filthface gasped. Having swum a short distance underwater, and through the hole in the bow of The Drowned Falcon, just as it sunk, he managed to find a large air pocket in the fo'c'sle. The marten slammed the hatch shut and barricaded it, knowing full well that he could wait until the otters were gone.

<\V/>

Standing atop the mountain at the centre of the island, Verenya Haresbane gazed in amazement at the far side of the isle. A huge lagoon dominated the mountainous landscape, the water itself containing the largest ship ever seen. It was at least as wide as a barque was long, and longer than three of the Plundered Pirate, laid end to end. Six masts dominated its deck, the light orange wood shimmering in the sun. The sails all flew white as snow, with a strange, blue symbol in the shape of a compass rose. This was the vessel of Bauble-Yen, the King of all Oceans. At least, that was what he called himself. A strange creature from far across the Western Ocean, Verenya knew his ways. A self-proclaimed ruler, unchallenged on the water. That massive ship had been the end of countless fleets, both pirate and peaceful alike. A bargain struck with Yen would protect her crew, and help them find the treasure, but if broken, they would all feed the fish within a day. The fox nodded at Blackfang, who started prodding the crew forwards. By now, all of them were nervous. Was this worth the reward? Probably not.

Fatch of Southsward

There was several minutes silence before the sleek form of a sea otter exited the water blowing spray from its nose. He was thrown a rope and quickly hauled back on board:

"No sign of him Cap'n. Not on the bottom, not in the water. Can't have got far without surfacing for us to see. He's down there somewhere - drowned likely 'enuff."

Ross narrowed his eyes curiously and turned to Vance. The tall lean mouse was leaning against a mast, and he shook his head slowly. Clearly he didn't believe the Pine Marten was dead either.

"Well, wherever he is - he's out of our reach for now. Any survivors or further pirate ships'll come through the passageway! We drop anchor at the mouth and await them - just as we did before! I want three sea otters in the longboat to float here. If he be dead, he'll float to the surface. If he be livin', he'll come up for air eventually. Snap to it mates! Make sail, and lower the longboat!"

Gonff the Mousethief

OOC: Okay, time skip it is.

BIC: The bright morning sun glimmered down from the small port window above Marshall's desk. Its fluttery rays drifted down onto the sleeping Captain, who lay sprawled out in one of his chairs with a broom still in paw. A light shuffling on his damp clothes suddenly woke the fox, as he had the broom pointed at the next of his disturber.
"Aye there Captain, its just me Timblish. I heard most o' the crew bustling outside. Seems to be about ten or so."
The sleepy figure of Marshall suddenly threw the broom across his cabin and jumped out of his seat. Ten! Never could a Captain of any kind sleep until that long! But as he stood and went to grab his overcoat, a shrekieing pain surged through his hip causing him to stop half way.
"Oh, why thank y'f'telling me Timble. Say, could y'please do an'grab that broom? Me hip actin' up again," Marshall called out as the small mouse was opening the cabin door.
"Sure thing!" Quickly Timblish hurried over and retrieved the broom for his captain, then left with Marshall giving him a polite nod.

Once the door shut, Marshall whacked the stick as hard as he could against his desk chipping a piece of it off in the process. But he gladly smiled through his shooting layers of hurt as the head of the broom had been successfully broken off. Years of axe swinging seemed to have finally paid off.
With that, he picked up his raccoon hat which had fallen off again while he slept and started out the door with his stick in paw. Just before he did, he whispered very quietly under his breath, "If anyone says a word 'bout me sleepin' in, I'll make them steer us through the next storm!"
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.