News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Collecting

Started by Matthias720, October 17, 2011, 05:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I have a bunch of souvenirs from interesting moments or times in my life (particularly from youth trips) that I keep on the top of my dresser. It isn't very organized right now, but hopefully that will change after I clean out my room.
« Subject to editing »

Icefire

@ Lutra: I would totally depend on where you buy them. You could probably get them pretty cheap off of half.com or something.
I LOVE the Prince of Egypt soundtrack!!! That's one of those soundtracks that I desperately want, but haven't gotten yet. It really annoys me that it's not on iTunes. If it were I'd have at least 3 of the songs already (Deliver Us, The Plagues, and When You Believe). I also like Mary Poppins!
I haven't heard of Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, or Raise the Titanic. Any specific tracks I should look up on YouTube or something?

@ DanielofRedwall: Yeah, that Owl City song just doesn't fit in with the rest of the music, does it? Drives me nuts every time I hear it.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Lutra

@ icefire and other soundtrack collectors - I base my prices on amazon marketplace and what I've seen the cds go for on ebay; half.com usually doesn't have the selection of those two sites, and some of the scores I listed you aren't likely to find there.  ;)

Some clips from the soundtracks I listed above for your listening pleasure:

"Princess Mononoke - Legend of Ashitaka" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdctS6E97hA

"Princess Mononoke - The Journey to the West" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s03F_Y0yaXo

"Spirited Away - The Reprise" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zDIMNc5Vc4

"Raise the Titanic - Prelude" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzm-dMBfVQ

"Watership Down - Keehar's Theme" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GAsoxkmxJ8&feature=related

"Watership Down - Fiver's Vision" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-3nKZ_Z3VM&feature=related
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

Horray for all the soundtrack collectors! I guess you could say I collect soundtracks. If I like it, I'll buy it, so I have built up quite the collection. I also quite like video game soundtracks, especially any by Uematsu Nobuo. Another Japanese composer I like is Hisaishi Joe, those of you who have Ghibli soundtracks will know him.

The Prince of Egypt is good because it has music composed by Hans Zimmer AND Stephen Schwartz! How could you go wrong with that combination? :)

Another thing I collect is theatre programs. My collection is kinda small because I've never lived anywhere with easy access to large theatres, but I do have three versions of The Phantom of the Opera program (Melbourne, Sydney and Osaka) and two versions of the Wicked (Melbourne and Osaka) program, as well as Bell Shakespeare programs from the last couple of years and Cirque Du Soleil programs for Varekai, Dralion, Corteo and Kooza. Obviously, most of my collection is in Australia, so I can't list them all.

Icefire

Quote from: Lily on October 24, 2011, 07:54:38 AM
The Prince of Egypt is good because it has music composed by Hans Zimmer AND Stephen Schwartz! How could you go wrong with that combination? :)
My thoughts exactly!!! :D

@ Lutra: Thanks for all the links! I don't have time to listen to them just yet, but I'll let you know what I think as soon as I do!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

rakkety tam

i collect dust on my collecting skills :-\ ;D
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

rakkety tam

wait i just thought of somthing i collect scooby doo movis and showsi have 3 or 4 movies i have the entire whats new scooby doo season 2 other entire  scooby doo shows and the rare collectors edition the 13 ghosts of scooby doo season

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Taggerung The Otter

tecnically ah collect antin' pokemon

rakkety tam

ok i just counted what i have i have 5 scooby doo movies and 4 series of scooby doo and the very rare scooby doo movie scooby goes hollywood

Coobreedan

Quote from: Redwall Musician on October 18, 2011, 03:30:31 PM
I collect Littlest Pet Shops (I sound so girly right now). That collection is perfect because I have enough to have a city and not too many that I forget their names (yes all of my pet shops have names).
Exactly the same as my sister. :)
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

Cool. I collect otter pictures. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lily

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 30, 2011, 12:05:39 PM
Cool. I collect otter pictures. ;D
Ha, me too! I have otter pictures on my hard drive dating back to... 2001. Oh. Wow.