News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Congress has to do that, via impeachment and conviction. It basically never happens unless the president is a confirmed criminal, and no president has ever been removed through office by this process (unless you count Nixon, who resigned before that could happen because his removal was certain).

If it was up to the citizens, there'd be non-stop recall elections.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Skyblade

Regardless of whether I vote, it's highly likely that either Trump or Clinton will take office. It makes sense to determine who would be less destructive and support that candidate, to do my part to prevent the worse from winning.

A counter argument may be that I have only one vote and it doesn't matter anyway. But I can do more than checkmark a ballot. For one, I can spread awareness, bringing my insight to others. My influence may not be that much, but that doesn't mean I won't use it.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

James Gryphon

Mod: Kit: Once was enough; this is a serious thread. Don't post if you don't have anything new to say.
« Subject to editing »

Matthias720

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 07, 2016, 01:21:48 AM
Too many. ;)

If I had to pick between Trump and Hillary, I'd go with the former, just because I don't think they'd let him do anything. I find the comparison of Hillary to Palpatine extremely apt.
You don't know the half of it. Clinton and Palpatine are both INTJ's according to the MBTI. As an INTJ myself, I'm not sure how to feel about this. :-\

The Skarzs

Personality doesn't pertain to the decisions you made that got you where you are now. I'm an INTJ (and ISTP- it fluctuates) too.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Quote from: Skarzs on September 12, 2016, 03:23:35 AM
Personality doesn't pertain to the decisions you made that got you where you are now. I'm an INTJ too.

Ditto. We may be the same personality type, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm pretty sure that that doesn't automatically make us psychopaths/Meme Queens.

Fatch of Southsward

Has anyone else heard Hillary Clinton collapsed and has pneumonia and other health developments?

She may be dropping out of the race...

This could actually be a good thing for the democratic side. Her scandals held her back a lot. If Biden replaces her, and it's rumored he might, more people might be willing to back him.

This could be interesting.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Ashleg

Why wouldn't Bernie just come back since it was rigged anyway?

James Gryphon

Republicans have loathed Hillary with a fervency earned by few others in the party's history. That said, they owe her this much, in that she's the only candidate the Democrats were likely to have put up that could lose to someone like Donald Trump.

For that matter, I think Trump's the worst candidate the Republicans could have picked to beat Hillary. Both candidates are very fortunate to be facing each other.

I'm not sure I see Vice President Biden running. I think he would beat Trump without too much difficulty, but after 8 years as veep and with his son having passed away, I suspect he'd like to spend the rest of his golden years with his family. Sanders seems to be the best other candidate, given that he did run and picked up a lot of momentum, plus polls well against Trump.

That said... if she's nothing else, Hillary's two things: power-mad, and a survivor. I don't see her ever quitting over something like health issues. She would have to be forced out, and I doubt that will happen.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

The problem I see with Hillary's health issues is that Tim Kaine isn't a bad enough guy to discredit from being President. He'd be lackluster, and nothing big for America, probably continue along the same lines as Hillary and Obama, but he hasn't been shown to be a huge marvel of villainy that Hillary has been. Maybe he just hides it better I don't know.
So I think enough Democrats are willing to force Hillary into office just so she's the first women president, then when she keels over they're fine with having Kaine take her place.

Personally I think that is horrible, but to be perfectly honest I wouldn't mind the same for Trump and Pence...

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on September 12, 2016, 05:49:39 AM
Has anyone else heard Hillary Clinton collapsed and has pneumonia and other health developments?

Heard it? By this point in time I'm surprised everyone doesn't know.