News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/03/donald-trump-asked-why-us-cant-use-nuclear-weapons-if-he-becomes/

I don't trust a word that comes out of that man's mouth. He constantly denies things that he's been recorded saying on video, he said that women should be punished for abortions and then changed his mind two hours later, his record of backtracking his more controversial statements (and for Trump, that's saying something) is incredibly consistent.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

So Trump never said he was going to use nuclear weapons. Even in that article it never says anything about him wanting to use weapons. He asked why couldn't we use them? Which is a totally legitimate question. If someone attacked the US why shouldn't we use our most powerful weapons? That's debatable sure, but he never said anything about wanting to blow everyone up.

As for the inconsistency part, I'm not going to fault you on this because you're aren't American, but saying that is like saying, "I'm going to vote for Hillary because Trump told a lie." You can't fault one candidate on being inconsistent, when the other one is just as bad. Hillary has been on both sides of almost every issue.

I personally find it alright to fault Hillary on the lies she tells, because her lies have cost American lives, whereas Trump's lies simply make him look bad.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Perhaps Trump's lies have not harmed people, but his actions certainly have. He's deliberately driven people out of their homes and plunged people into serious debt and called it good business. He's refused to condemn the support he receives from the KKK, he's tried to make excuses for people who beat up and urinated on a homeless Latino man because "Trump was right" and said that "some of [his] supporters are just really passionate." That's not passion, that's out and out racism.

Hillary may be part of the establishment, but all she wants to do is maintain the status quo. Trump, on the other hand, wants to change things for the worse.

CaptainRocktree

Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

I made several statements, what, specifically, do you want proof of?

LT Sandpaw

I have several problems with you reasoning Jet.

First off you list all these horrible things Trump may or may not have done. Right after saying Trump might not have harmed people, but he's done this, this, and this. Okay, except Hillary has cost American lives! Her terrible policies helped create the mess that is the Middle east right now. This status quo that's perfectly fine, is continually rising debt, and a shaky unhappy America. She is incapable of calling ISIS radical Islam for crying out loud.

And have you seen on youtube what some of her supports do to people, who are just trying to have a debate? No? Well then here ya go. Just watch two minutes.

Spoiler
[close]

And this isn't even close to the worst things her supporters have done, this violence isn't one sided. I'm not going to deny there are some idiots on Trump's side, but you can't fault Trump over something he had no control over. Actually, there has been more violence from Hillary's side believe it or not.

And as for the KKK thing, did you know there is another racist group voting for Hillary and she hasn't condemned them. Once again you can't fault one candidate for something, when the other is doing the exact same thing.

Jetthebinturong

I actually said that Trump has harmed people. Driving people out of their homes and placing them in massive debt is pretty likely to kill them.

It wasn't just Clinton who messed up in the Middle East, it was pretty much all higher-ups in the American government at the time. Let us not forget that it was the CIA who helped to start Al Qaeda during the Cold War in an attempt to prevent the spread of Communism (Al Qaeda literally meaning 'the base' as in the database of extremists the CIA could use) and continued to supply them with weapons even when their conflict started. Heck, to this day, America still funds and arms Isis (though they use the Saudi government as a proxy).

The violence isn't one-sided, no, but from what I've seen it is more severe on Trump's end (aforementioned incident with the Latino man, that video of that man being beaten up, thrown to the floor and dragged out of the rally by his throat, etc.). Trump himself has talked about violent things he wants to do to his political opponents. And while Trump may not be responsible for the attack on that Latino man, he refused to condemn the people that did it and instead decided to make excuses for them.

I've found evidence of Hillary herself saying racist things, but no evidence that she's backed by racists. Unless you're referring to her backers that killed people during BLM protests in Ferguson? 

LT Sandpaw

QuoteI've found evidence of Hillary herself saying racist things, but no evidence that she's backed by racists. Unless you're referring to her backers that killed people during BLM protests in Ferguson?

Oh, maybe that.

And I am also referring to the Black Lives Matter organization, which is a racist group, that promotes racist ideas. Such as when they stopped a white girl from entering a pubic library where they were holding a meeting, just because she was white. And all of their protests where they've attack people of differing races, for no reason, other then the crime of being born white.
So yeah, she hasn't asked them to stop voting for her.

And putting people in debt, is no comparison to actually being the cause of people's deaths. Hillary's lies have caused deaths. How do you compare putting people in debt, which is business strategy that businesses try to do, with being the cause of someone's death? How do you justify that?
There is also a conspiracy that she's had peopled killed for her political agenda, such as the Whitehouse doctor that illegally released some of her medical secrets, who was found a week later in a park with a bullet in the back of his head.
Unproven, but still suspicious and nasty stuff.

Oh yeah, America does send money to those countries, and that's the kind of thing Trump wants to stop. We shouldn't be giving money to any country that openly supports terrorist groups. Its absurd and stupid, but its the kind of thing Hillary will continue to do.

Hillary's side has been far more violent. There is nothing more to say on that.

CaptainRocktree

Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Boys, I really don't think you're going to change each others' opinions. . . . That's like trying to stop people from breathing when they're as stubborn as you two are. . . Just doesn't work. . .

Kitsune

Quote from: Peony on October 04, 2016, 01:58:54 AM
Boys, I really don't think you're going to change each others' opinions. . . . That's like trying to stop people from breathing when they're as stubborn as you two are. . . Just doesn't work. . .

Agreed.

LT Sandpaw

So?

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on October 04, 2016, 01:25:21 AM
LT, I think you were talking about this...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/26/klan-leader-claims-kkk-has-given-20k-clinton-campa/

Wow, I had absolutely no idea about that Rock, the media must have been really covering this sort of thing up. Now, there is an argument to be had about whether this is legitimate, or just the KKK trying to mess with her chances. Still, its something to be looked into.

But I was actually talking about BLM. ;)

Kitsune

@LT Sandpaw As much as I love being a helpful contribution to society, I don't think I provided that link :P

LT Sandpaw

Whoops, my bad. ;D Rock gets the credit!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 04, 2016, 02:06:57 AM

So?

My bad, I forgot who I was talking to.