News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

Quote from: alexandre on November 09, 2016, 02:42:23 PM
After four years of Trump, the republican party in the US will be completely ruined, the democrats will have the next election in a landslide and we'll all just forget that any of this happened. Or, Trump will make America another business failure, just like Dick Cheney did.
'

I could see a split in the Republican party between the old guard and Trump supporters, but I think its unlikely the whole party would get completely ruined...

The Skarzs

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 09, 2016, 06:26:28 PM
Did we win big, or did we lose small? I can't wait to find out.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." ~Thomas Jefferson.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Well if people were hanging around poll stations carrying guns and trying to intimidate voters that's probably going to put people off voting (just like they planned).

That's literally what Hitler did.

Me being someone who likes to pick fights, I would have made a shirt that said "if you're carrying a gun around a poll station, you're a coward" and then gone and voted.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Fatch of Southsward

I wouldn't call Trump good, but I can believe he means the words he speaks. Hillary just doesn't come across as trustworthy to me. I'm happy with the results, and I don't regret my voting choice.

The interesting thing will be how Trump (attempts) to fulfill his promises. I doubt Mexico has any intention of paying for a wall. It will be interesting for sure. Republicans control everything now, so we could see a lot of change in the next few years.

Regardless of the result I'm proud to be an American and the winner is my president. I said this each time Obama was elected and I repeat it  once again now. God bless America.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

Jetthebinturong

I get that American politics is like really corrupt and your system is stupid (the popular vote should matter more, since, y'know, that's what the voice of the people is) but people not caring is what allows politicians like Trump and his evil little helper to ruin people's lives. I mean, it's not so important with you, because you're not old enough to vote, but for every adult who doesn't care, the politicians get a little more chance to hurt people.

The Skarzs

Doesn't, like, 40% of the UK not vote?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Yes, and that is deeply saddening.

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Jet the binturong on November 09, 2016, 08:54:23 PM
I get that American politics is like really corrupt and your system is stupid (the popular vote should matter more, since, y'know, that's what the voice of the people is) but people not caring is what allows politicians like Trump and his evil little helper to ruin people's lives. I mean, it's not so important with you, because you're not old enough to vote, but for every adult who doesn't care, the politicians get a little more chance to hurt people.

You're are whiner, and a sore loser. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 09, 2016, 09:20:15 PM

You're are whiner, and a sore loser. ;)

This is not a joke. Two of the people I most despise in the world will soon be running the most powerful country on the planet, I am, quite understandably, very angry. The only good thing about either of them is Trump's friendship with Putin, at least they aren't ever going to war.

Edraithel

the popular vote should matter more, since, y'know, that's what the voice of the people is

True the voice of the people matters but true democracy is mob rule, which is a terrifying thing. Mobs can be easily influenced. Ancient Greece was horribly damaged by mob rule. A lot of democrats were surprised by the fact that trump won but that's because the media was constantly lying to them. Not enough people research and think for themselves, mob rule would open us to even more corruption because people would be suseptable to blindly following whoever is supported by main stream media. The problem with news these days is that almost every single source is biased. You can't be completely sure of something you hear about unless you experienced it yourself. The media has become the gate keepers of politics and that is not ok.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

The Skarzs

Very true.
Sad thing is, America was supposed to be based off the Roman republic, not the Greek democracy, which is what it's more turned into.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

The electoral college is important. Its vitally important. Without it no one would care about what the people in Alaska thought, or Montana or Rhode Island, no one would care what the ranchers, and farmers, and small town families think. All they'd care about is what the big cities want. And big cities don't want the same things as the smaller towns.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

The sun comes up, my friends. Don't get too carried away.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~