News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 03, 2016, 06:58:08 PM
Bleh. I'm sick of politics. I hate all the candidates and nobody represents my views. Trump is a blustering idiot and hardly a decent Republican, Hillary is a criminal, Gary Johnson is irrelevant and Jill Stein is insane.
My opinion still stands. :P
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kitsune

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 07, 2016, 09:19:17 PM
Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 03, 2016, 06:58:08 PM
Bleh. I'm sick of politics. I hate all the candidates and nobody represents my views. Trump is a blustering idiot and hardly a decent Republican, Hillary is a criminal, Gary Johnson is irrelevant and Jill Stein is insane.
My opinion still stands. :P
I second this.

Wylder Treejumper

My only consolation: I won't be able to vote. Thank heavens.

Paul Ryan for President 2020!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

LT Sandpaw

The real problem is, that it might only get worse.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 03:42:03 PM
As for the purple heart thing.... I don't understand how that makes him racist. I think the proper word is. Rude.

Maybe I should've specified, that wasn't to show that he's racist rather than to show that he's sick if he cannot respect his country's soldiers.

LT Sandpaw

He donated a million dollars to military charities. And he tried not to make a big deal out of it until biased media forced him too reveal what he did.

The fact that he said, "I always wanted a purple heart." And Marine got upset about that, isn't Trump disrespecting our soldiers. That's a Marine getting upset about something, which I think is minor compared to other things Trump's said.

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 10:07:15 PM
At this point, I don't think that's possible :P
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 07, 2016, 11:15:43 PM
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 10:07:15 PM
At this point, I don't think that's possible :P

We could do our elections like China, where one party gets 99.9% of the votes for every election. ;)

James Gryphon

Well, in all fairness, a one-party state can still have competitive elections; the people in the party simply split into new factions and fight it out within that system.

Now, when you have a nation like North Korea, where 100% of the voters are on record as supporting Dear Leader, then things might be a little bit rigged.
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

And the opinions still stand!! >:0

LT Sandpaw

Do they even have elections in North Korea? I thought Kim was Supreme Ultimate Benevolent Commander for Life.

That's fine Ashes, I think that's a perfectly noble opinion to have. Honestly its such a toss up between mouthy and sickly anyway. I only go for Trump because we've been on the Democratic slide for far too long now. You can't take eight years of bad polices, and turnouts and still blame it on Bush.

Ashleg

Why not take the canidates and push them somewhere else? ;)

James Gryphon

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 11:30:19 PM
Do they even have elections in North Korea? I thought Kim was Supreme Ultimate Benevolent Commander for Life.
They have elections for the lower positions. I think they do for his position too. He (and the officials in lower positions, for that matter) just win with unanimous approval every time.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 07, 2016, 11:33:23 PM
Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 11:30:19 PM
They have elections for the lower positions. I think they do for his position too. He (and the officials in lower positions, for that matter) just win with unanimous approval every time.

Well I guess that is to be expected.