News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

2016 Presidential Elections

Started by Hickory, September 03, 2016, 03:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

The ballot the voters are faced with has only one candidate to choose from. You're allowed to vote "No" by crossing out the candidate's name with a red pen, and putting your ballot in the "No" box. It's worth noting that election officials are there watching you while you make your vote.

It's described more accurately as a "political census" than an election.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

A true Democracy. Good thing we here in America are a Republic and use the Electoral College. ::)

Quote from: Ashleg on September 07, 2016, 11:32:49 PM
Why not take the canidates and push them somewhere else? ;)
Because then we'd have to touch them. :P

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

James Gryphon

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on September 07, 2016, 11:44:40 PM
A true Democracy. Good thing we here in America are a Republic and use the Electoral College. ::)
You say that as though you don't support the electoral college?
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

I resentfully support the electoral system. Kinda how I support Trump actually.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME...

Fatch of Southsward

I am old enough to vote, for the first time in a presidential election, but I don't like either candidate.

Hillary is a disgusting liar. I've seen video compilations of venom and garbage spewed from her. Her terrible policies and scandals are numerous and famous. It's honestly a wonder that she is even allowed to run. Any normal person who has done what she has would be locked up at this point. I can't think of more than one or two people I trust less than Hillary Clinton. Both of them are drug addicts and currently in prison.

Trump is not qualified or prepared for the most powerful position on earth. People initially took his campaign as a joke, and at times it seems as though he takes it as a joke to. His public statements often are cringe - worthy and the fact that he's a frontrunner is a mystery to me. He is very insensitive to the minorities, and if allowed to run the country unchecked we would either have incredible success, or we would get into world war 3. With Trump it's just hard to imagine an in between. However, his power won't be unchecked, so I could stand behind a Trump presidency.

I'm still making up my mind, but I'm leaning towards Trump, because even though the words that come out of his mouth are crazy, I can believe that he really means what he is saying.

Who should I vote for? ;D

~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Groddil

The reason Hillary is the best presidential candidate
[close]

LT Sandpaw

@Fatch of Southsward

I think you can guess who I'd say. But if anything could tip your choice, it would be Mike Pence for VP; because that guy is great. He's a great counterbalance for Trump's crazy. And should anything happen to Trump, then Mike would make a wonderful, if a bit unenergetic president.

Ashleg

Quote from: Groddil on September 08, 2016, 12:21:07 AM
The reason Hillary is the best presidential candidate
[close]

Yes!!
She has a sense of humor!

The Skarzs

And Fatch thought Trump was often cringe-worthy? Hilary makes me want my face cave in until I'm nothing but a black hole.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

That wasn't Hillary. That was an actor.

The Skarzs

I know. I'm talking about real life.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Ashleg

Can never tell. ::)
With Trump I can but Hillary's actors always look like her.

Still think Bernie's the best, however.
((Or how 'bout we just go back in time and get Abraham Lincoln?))