News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Choose Your Own Adventure - Forum Edition

Started by Groddil, September 05, 2016, 04:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

Betray Daskar. It looks like our and his best chance.

...although I admit I am wondering, if he has a SHOTGUN, a (broken) chainaxe, and a sword, why is he afraid of one girl in a straitjacket? Maybe he knows something we don't.

Unless he's just afraid of getting his paws dirty. That would explain why he's constantly asking us to kill people for him, instead of doing it himself.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 12, 2016, 03:43:54 AM
...although I admit I am wondering, if he has a SHOTGUN, a (broken) chainaxe, and a sword, why is he afraid of one girl in a straitjacket? Maybe he knows something we don't.

Spoiler
Because they're both nuts.
[close]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, sounds good. I don't trust that stoat as far as I can throw him."
"Well, if that applies to me as well, I'm smaller. Heh, so you can throw me further. Heh heh."
Galli chuckles nervously.
"Well, okay. Let's go."
The three of you walk to the end of Daskar's hallway, where BlueRose flops to the floor.
"Okay, cut my hands free, then drag me."
You use your scimitar to cut Blue's hands free, then you and Galli each grab one of Blue's legs and start to pull. When you get to outside his room, you tap on the glass.
"Done."
"Good. Give me the sword back, it's mine. Then I'll let you in."
You nod, passing the blade through the gap.

Baliss lost the scimitar.

A few seconds later, the door swings open, and Daskar is standing there. He motions you and Galli inside, then slams the door, peering through the slit.
"Yep, that's Blue alright. Okay, looks dead. Okay, let me just gather some things, and we'll be off. Oh, and your Chainaxe and fuel is over there. I had to borrow it for a while."

Baliss got some stuff.

"Where's everything else? The food, the serum?"
"Where do you think? I ate the food, and I had to drink the serum after my arm broke."
"Wait, you broke your arm?"
"I landed pretty badly. My arm hit the anvil."
"Ouch."
"Okay, let's go."
"Okay."
Daskar walks open to the door and kicks it open, coming face to face with Blue. He raises his shotgun, but she jumps forwards, hitting his legs. He falls backwards, the shotgun blasting harmlessly into the roof. Before Daskar can fire off the second shot, Blue jumps on him again, hitting it aside. He struggles with her briefly, managing to pull out his scimitar. She bites his paw, causing him to let out a roar of pain and drop the blade. Blue goes to grab it, but Daskar shoves it away. They continue to fight on the floor, until Blue finally gets the upper hand. She punches him roughly in the face, stunning him, and reaches for the scimitar again. Unable to fight her off with one of his arms pinned, the stoat reaches his free limb towards the shotgun...
"Galli! I'll grab one weapon, you get the other. Stop them from killing each other."
"Which one?"

Have Galli grab the shotgun.
Have Galli grab the scimitar.

Items

Ashe's Chainaxe - A ridiculously overpowered... thing made using a chainsaw and a war axe. Can tear apart guest and member alike with ease. Shame the circuitry has been totally destroyed.
Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Jerry Can - Holds fuel for the Chainaxe. 3/4 full.
Torch - A makeshift flaming torch.
Chainaxe Motherboard - A crucial Chainaxe component. Unfortunately, without an Imperial Electrocore, the Chainaxe is still useless.
Electrical Cable - An insulated bit of cable.
Small motor - A small motor.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger.
Zombie Slave Serum - Turns a dead body into a zombie that will obey a single order, then disintegrate.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#0: Unknown: [ADMIN]
#1: Unknown: [JAMES]
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#3: Unknown: [JUKKA]
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe.
#5: Unknown: [AMBER]
#6: Unknown: [SOREN]
#7: Unknown: [PEONY]
#8: Unknown: [BANYA]
#9: Unknown: [DELTHION]
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#11: Unknown: [GONFF]
#12: Unknown: [DANFLOR]
#13: Unknown: [PERIFAEN]
#14: Unknown: [LEATHO]
#15: Unknown: [ROCKTREE]
#16: Unknown: [MATTHIAS]
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#18: Unknown: [SKYBLADE]
#19: BlueRose - A crazed Forumite, locked up in the Dungeon. She seems friendly enough.
#20: Unknown: [THE BINTURONG]
#21: Unknown: [RACHEL]
#22: Unknown: [SUNPAW]
#23: Unknown: [RAIN]
#24: Unknown: [DOTTI]
#25: Unknown: [MHERA]
#26: Unknown: [EULALIA]
#27: Unknown: [KITSUNE]
#28: Unknown: [IZEROTH]
#29: Unknown: [SAGE]
#30: Unknown: [MASK]
#31: Unknown: [DUSTFEATHER]
#32: Unknown: [ASHLEG]
#33: Unknown: [WYLDER]
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who rules over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He also stole some of your stuff.
#35: Unknown: [LUTRA]
#36: Unknown: [SAND]
#37: Unknown: [GRODDIL]
#38: Unknown: [TAM]
#39: Unknown: [WRAITH]
#40: Unknown: [LEO]
#41: Unknown: [LOUGH]
#42: Unknown: [INQUISITOR]
#43: Unknown: [CONRAD]
#44: Unknown: [TESTER]
#45: Unknown: [GAT]
#46: Unknown: [DARKENMAL]
#47: Unknown: [MEADOW]
#48: Unknown: [RUSVUL]
#49: Unknown: [OSU]
#50: Unknown: [DANIEL]
#51: Unknown: [WOT]
#52: Unknown: [ABAREBEAR]
#53: Unknown: [PSYBOX]
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#54: Unknown: [HATLORD]
#55: Unknown: [BONE]
#56: Unknown: [GRIFFEN]
#57: Unknown: [ALBRITHR]
#58: Unknown: [NIGHTSHADE]
#59: Unknown: [BROOKSKIMMER]
#60: Unknown: [NILEJOY]
#61: Unknown: [SILENTSAM]
#62: Unknown: [FIREHAWKE]
#63: Unknown: [TOMMY TREESHIELD]
#64: Unknown: [LORDTBT]
#65: Unknown: [HANNORWORD]
#66: Unknown: [WHITEGHOST]
#66: Unknown: [MENTALMIDWESTERN]
#68: Unknown: [FATCH]
#69: Unknown: [KROWDON]
#70: Unknown: [AMARITH]
#71: Unknown: [ROSIE]
#72: Unknown: [BADGERSWORD1]
#73: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
#74: Unknown: [NORHAM]
#75: Unknown: [BROCKTRESS]
#76: Unknown: [TIRIA_]
#77: Unknown: [OLDFOX]
#78: Unknown: [SANDLOT]
#79: Unknown: [TAGGERUNG]
#80: Unknown: [MARY]
#81: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#82: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#83: Unknown: [VIZKA]
#84: Unknown: [MILADY]
#85: Unknown: [NATHAN]
#86: Unknown: [UNGATT]
#87: Unknown: [2QUID]
#88: Unknown: [HIAG]
#89: Slagar - An evil, deformed fox in a mask. He threw you into the cellars.
#90: Baliss - This is you. A genetic freak with tendrils for arms.
[close]
Peoplez wot's travelling with you

Baliss - Member #90. This is you.
Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 1
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Location: Somewhere in The Dungeon.
BlueRose - Member #19. Guests will avoid her, and in turn, you. Affinity: 0
[close]

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

The shotgun can mess everything up very quickly; Galli is better coordinated than we are and would probably do better stopping it. It's not the easiest thing in the world to kill somebody with a sword if you're not used to it, so tackling Rose would probably stop her, and I think we could handle that job fine.

(On the other hand, our bizarre form might be better able to take a shotgun blast than Galli's body; if Daskar almost but not quite has the gun, our trying to take it might be safer.)
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Ah...I misunderstood.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Updated my post with an edit. It just makes things more ambiguous though. :-\
« Subject to editing »

Milady Scribe

The shotgun. It's effective with or without ammunition, whether your intention is to distract, maim, kill, or simply disable your target. It's also a lot easier to use than one might expect. ...and packs a kick that can elicit maniacal laughter. (Or is that just me? >:D)
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Delthion

The maniacal laughter? I think that's just you... ;D

James Gryphon

If nothing else, maybe Galli could scream and that would throw the combatants off for just long enough to make a difference. Even a couple of seconds would help.
« Subject to editing »

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Milady Scribe

Quote from: Delthion on September 12, 2016, 04:16:52 AM
The maniacal laughter? I think that's just you... ;D
Figures. :D O' course, I only got the chance to shoot one once. The laughter was simply unavoidable, I'm afraid.
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Delthion

Groddil

Aimless Gallivanter

i was too busy peeling myself off the back wall thanks to the kick back to be laughing maniacally. i was a smol when i first used a shot gun.
im gay!!!!!!

Groddil

"Get the shotgun!"
Galli dashes forward, snatching the shotgun just before Daskar's claws grasp it. The stoat hisses.
"You scummy little-"
You reach down to grab the scimitar, but it slips straight out of your tendrils, and straight into BlueRose's waiting hand. Daskar struggles, trying to push her off. You try to pull Blue off him, but she manages to stab him anyway. Daskar gurgles, then goes limp.

Daskar has died.
BlueRose loved that.

Bluerose giggles.
"Ah, good. 'Bout time he met his end. Let's see, search 'is corpse. Try an' find th' key."
You search through Daskar's pockets, and find the key.

Baliss got the Warden's Key and 5 shotgun shells.

You step over to Galli and whisper to her.
"I don't know if we can trust her. Seems crazy."
"I still think we did the right thing. Rather than killing her for Daskar's amusement."
"I suppose."
"Whatcha talkin' about?"
"Nothing, Blue."
"Oh, Baliss. This shotgun did you want it?"
"You hold onto it for now. I probably can't use it with my tendrils."
"Sure. Once you get your hands back, its all yours."

Galli liked that.

After searching the room and not finding much else, aside from some rations, which the three of you promptly devour. You head back to the crossroads, where you must decide where to go.

Travel through Cell Block A.
Search the Solitary Wing.

Items

Ashe's Chainaxe - A ridiculously overpowered... thing made using a chainsaw and a war axe. Can tear apart guest and member alike with ease. Shame the circuitry has been totally destroyed.
Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Jerry Can - Holds fuel for the Chainaxe. 3/4 full.
Torch - A makeshift flaming torch.
Chainaxe Motherboard - A crucial Chainaxe component. Unfortunately, without an Imperial Electrocore, the Chainaxe is still useless.
Electrical Cable - An insulated bit of cable.
Small motor - A small motor.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger.
Zombie Slave Serum - Turns a dead body into a zombie that will obey a single order, then disintegrate.
Warden's Key - A key to the Warden's Office
Shotgun Shells - Ammo for the Double-Barreled Shotgun. You have 5.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#0: Unknown: [ADMIN]
#1: Unknown: [JAMES]
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#3: Unknown: [JUKKA]
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe.
#5: Unknown: [AMBER]
#6: Unknown: [SOREN]
#7: Unknown: [PEONY]
#8: Unknown: [BANYA]
#9: Unknown: [DELTHION]
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#11: Unknown: [GONFF]
#12: Unknown: [DANFLOR]
#13: Unknown: [PERIFAEN]
#14: Unknown: [LEATHO]
#15: Unknown: [ROCKTREE]
#16: Unknown: [MATTHIAS]
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#18: Unknown: [SKYBLADE]
#19: BlueRose - A crazed Forumite, locked up in the Dungeon. She seems friendly enough.
#20: Unknown: [THE BINTURONG]
#21: Unknown: [RACHEL]
#22: Unknown: [SUNPAW]
#23: Unknown: [RAIN]
#24: Unknown: [DOTTI]
#25: Unknown: [MHERA]
#26: Unknown: [EULALIA]
#27: Unknown: [KITSUNE]
#28: Unknown: [IZEROTH]
#29: Unknown: [SAGE]
#30: Unknown: [MASK]
#31: Unknown: [DUSTFEATHER]
#32: Unknown: [ASHLEG]
#33: Unknown: [WYLDER]
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who rules over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He was killed by BlueRose.
#35: Unknown: [LUTRA]
#36: Unknown: [SAND]
#37: Unknown: [GRODDIL]
#38: Unknown: [TAM]
#39: Unknown: [WRAITH]
#40: Unknown: [LEO]
#41: Unknown: [LOUGH]
#42: Unknown: [INQUISITOR]
#43: Unknown: [CONRAD]
#44: Unknown: [TESTER]
#45: Unknown: [GAT]
#46: Unknown: [DARKENMAL]
#47: Unknown: [MEADOW]
#48: Unknown: [RUSVUL]
#49: Unknown: [OSU]
#50: Unknown: [DANIEL]
#51: Unknown: [WOT]
#52: Unknown: [ABAREBEAR]
#53: Unknown: [PSYBOX]
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#54: Unknown: [HATLORD]
#55: Unknown: [BONE]
#56: Unknown: [GRIFFEN]
#57: Unknown: [ALBRITHR]
#58: Unknown: [NIGHTSHADE]
#59: Unknown: [BROOKSKIMMER]
#60: Unknown: [NILEJOY]
#61: Unknown: [SILENTSAM]
#62: Unknown: [FIREHAWKE]
#63: Unknown: [TOMMY TREESHIELD]
#64: Unknown: [LORDTBT]
#65: Unknown: [HANNORWORD]
#66: Unknown: [WHITEGHOST]
#66: Unknown: [MENTALMIDWESTERN]
#68: Unknown: [FATCH]
#69: Unknown: [KROWDON]
#70: Unknown: [AMARITH]
#71: Unknown: [ROSIE]
#72: Unknown: [BADGERSWORD1]
#73: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
#74: Unknown: [NORHAM]
#75: Unknown: [BROCKTRESS]
#76: Unknown: [TIRIA_]
#77: Unknown: [OLDFOX]
#78: Unknown: [SANDLOT]
#79: Unknown: [TAGGERUNG]
#80: Unknown: [MARY]
#81: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#82: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#83: Unknown: [VIZKA]
#84: Unknown: [MILADY]
#85: Unknown: [NATHAN]
#86: Unknown: [UNGATT]
#87: Unknown: [2QUID]
#88: Unknown: [HIAG]
#89: Slagar - An evil, deformed fox in a mask. He threw you into the cellars.
#90: Baliss - This is you. A genetic freak with tendrils for arms.
[close]
Peoplez wot's travelling with you

Baliss - Member #90. This is you.
Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 2
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Deceased.
BlueRose - Member #19. Guests will avoid her, and in turn, you. Affinity: 2
[close]