News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Choose Your Own Adventure - Forum Edition

Started by Groddil, September 05, 2016, 04:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

Quote from: Sagetip on September 14, 2016, 12:16:24 AM
It's worth a try, at most you're loosing a weapon that hasn't and won't serve much purpose. The shotgun isn't particularly safe in such an enclosed area, and realistically, everyone would go deaf from it.

The room you're in isn't enclosed. You're on a ladder in a room that literally has nothing else except said ladder. Most of the floor is just a pit that leads to who knows where.

James Gryphon

If the ladder's about to break, then you might fall to your deaths while you're fiddling around trying to break the lock with a scimitar.

Obviously there are weaknesses to the shotgun approach, like letting everyone around know where you are, but I think it's the least bad option. The player is under a bit of time pressure. You don't have the strength or coordination for the scimitar to work, and I'm not sure you have the time for the growth ray.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

It's easy: Smash the lock, if that doesn't work try to pick it with the tip, then use the shotgun.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

You draw your scimitar, hooking a tendril around the bar of the ladder to steady yourself. You swing it upwards at the lock, sending a flurry of sparks everywhere. But the lock doesn't budge. You ready yourself for another swing, but the ladder rocks dangerously. You grip your weapon tightly, holding onto the ladder. The rung you are standing on, covered in rust, finally gives way. It clonks Galli on the head, then falls into the pit. You manage to lift your tendril onto another rung.
"Owch!"
"Sorry!"
"Hurry up, Baliss. The scimitar won't work, do you want me to blast it?"
"Wait, what about that?"
"Huh?"
"Look, underneath the catwalk, there's that steel beam. Maybe we could grab it. It'd be easier to just slice through the chain link from there."

Have Galli shoot the lock.
Zap the lock with your growth ray.
Grab the steel beam.

Items

Ashe's Chainaxe - A ridiculously overpowered... thing made using a chainsaw and a war axe. Can tear apart guest and member alike with ease. Shame the circuitry has been totally destroyed.
Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Jerry Can - Holds fuel for the Chainaxe. 3/4 full.
Torch - A makeshift flaming torch.
Chainaxe Motherboard - A crucial Chainaxe component. Unfortunately, without an Imperial Electrocore, the Chainaxe is still useless.
Electrical Cable - An insulated bit of cable.
Small motor - A small motor.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger.
Zombie Slave Serum - Turns a dead body into a zombie that will obey a single order, then disintegrate.
Shotgun Shells - Ammo for the Double-Barreled Shotgun. You have 8.
Scimitar - A fancy, curved blade. It once belonged to Daskar.
Dungeon Keyring - A keyring that can open any door in the dungeon.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#0: Unknown: [ADMIN]
#1: Unknown: [JAMES]
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#3: Unknown: [JUKKA]
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe.
#5: Unknown: [AMBER]
#6: Unknown: [SOREN]
#7: Unknown: [PEONY]
#8: Unknown: [BANYA]
#9: Unknown: [DELTHION]
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#11: Unknown: [GONFF]
#12: Unknown: [DANFLOR]
#13: Unknown: [PERIFAEN]
#14: Unknown: [LEATHO]
#15: Unknown: [ROCKTREE]
#16: Unknown: [MATTHIAS]
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#18: Unknown: [SKYBLADE]
#19: BlueRose - A crazed Forumite, locked up in the Dungeon. She seems friendly enough.
#20: Unknown: [THE BINTURONG]
#21: Unknown: [RACHEL]
#22: Unknown: [SUNPAW]
#23: Unknown: [RAIN]
#24: Unknown: [DOTTI]
#25: Unknown: [MHERA]
#26: Unknown: [EULALIA]
#27: Unknown: [KITSUNE]
#28: Unknown: [IZEROTH]
#29: Unknown: [SAGE]
#30: Unknown: [MASK]
#31: Unknown: [DUSTFEATHER]
#32: Unknown: [ASHLEG]
#33: Unknown: [WYLDER]
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who rules over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He was killed by BlueRose.
#35: Unknown: [LUTRA]
#36: Unknown: [SAND]
#37: Unknown: [GRODDIL]
#38: Unknown: [TAM]
#39: Unknown: [WRAITH]
#40: Unknown: [LEO]
#41: Unknown: [LOUGH]
#42: Unknown: [INQUISITOR]
#43: Unknown: [CONRAD]
#44: Unknown: [TESTER]
#45: Unknown: [GAT]
#46: Unknown: [DARKENMAL]
#47: Unknown: [MEADOW]
#48: Unknown: [RUSVUL]
#49: Unknown: [OSU]
#50: Unknown: [DANIEL]
#51: Unknown: [WOT]
#52: Unknown: [ABAREBEAR]
#53: Unknown: [PSYBOX]
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#54: Unknown: [HATLORD]
#55: Unknown: [BONE]
#56: Unknown: [GRIFFEN]
#57: Unknown: [ALBRITHR]
#58: Unknown: [NIGHTSHADE]
#59: Unknown: [BROOKSKIMMER]
#60: Unknown: [NILEJOY]
#61: Unknown: [SILENTSAM]
#62: Unknown: [FIREHAWKE]
#63: Unknown: [TOMMY TREESHIELD]
#64: Unknown: [LORDTBT]
#65: Unknown: [HANNORWORD]
#66: Unknown: [WHITEGHOST]
#66: Unknown: [MENTALMIDWESTERN]
#68: Unknown: [FATCH]
#69: Unknown: [KROWDON]
#70: Unknown: [AMARITH]
#71: Unknown: [ROSIE]
#72: Unknown: [BADGERSWORD1]
#73: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
#74: Unknown: [NORHAM]
#75: Unknown: [BROCKTRESS]
#76: Unknown: [TIRIA_]
#77: Unknown: [OLDFOX]
#78: Unknown: [SANDLOT]
#79: Unknown: [TAGGERUNG]
#80: Unknown: [MARY]
#81: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#82: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#83: Unknown: [VIZKA]
#84: Unknown: [MILADY]
#85: Unknown: [NATHAN]
#86: Unknown: [UNGATT]
#87: Unknown: [2QUID]
#88: Unknown: [HIAG]
#89: Slagar - An evil, deformed fox in a mask. He threw you into the cellars.
#90: Baliss - This is you. A genetic freak with tendrils for arms.
[close]
Peoplez wot's travelling with you

Baliss - Member #90. This is you.
Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 2
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Deceased.
BlueRose - Member #19. Guests will avoid her, and in turn, you. Affinity: 2 Location: Somewhere in the Dungeon
[close]

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Groddil

The walls of the catwalk themselves are made of chainlink, but you can't reach it from the ladder.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

@Groddil: This is epic, I'm glad I took the time to read through it. ^_^

Groddil

James Gryphon

I don't like any of our options. The shotgun is likely to cause a fair amount of recoil that might tip the ladder. The growth ray will take a little while, and when the lock falls off it's liable to hit one of us on the head. And I have no confidence in Baliss' ability to jump anywhere.

What do y'all think?
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Weren't you just all for the shotgun?

I guess I'm for the shotgun myself.

James Gryphon

Well, that was before I realized how unstable the ladder was, and remembered that it isn't necessarily easy to handle firing a shotgun while you're holding on to such a ladder.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Is there a way to control the growth ray? Like, the amount grown?

Groddil

Quote from: Sagetip on September 14, 2016, 01:32:39 AM
Is there a way to control the growth ray? Like, the amount grown?

It gets bigger for every trigger pull. Lets say that it increases by 1/2 of its current size per pull. (in other words, it doubles in size every 2 trigger pulls) But, it fires as fast as you can actually pull the trigger.

Groddil

Galli shakes her head.
"Beam doesn't seem safe. Too far to jump."
"You're right. Do it!"
You very carefully edge over to one side of the ladder, as Galli climbs up as far as she can. She holds the shotgun above your head, and pulls the trigger. The lock's mangled remains drop into the pit, vanishing from view. But the force of both of you being so close makes the ladder creak yet again. At the top, where it is bolted onto the catwalk entrance, it starts to shake. You clamber upwards like a monkey, shoving the hatch open. One of the two sections where the ladder is bolted onto comes loose, making it shake dangerously. By now, you've managed to get off, and hold your tendril down for Galli. She takes a step onto the next rung, which causes the last bolt to start shaking itself loose. Galli takes a deep breath, tosses the shotgun through the hatch, then jumps. The ladder comes loose and falls to the ground, where it quickly slides into the pit. Galli, now holding onto your tendril, grinds her teeth.
"Baliss. Pull. Me. Up."
You haul up on your tendril, pulling Galli into the catwalk. You sigh with relief as Galli kicks the hatch shut and picks up her shotgun.
"Okay, now what?"
"Let's go."
"Good idea."
You both walk across the catwalk, which is in better condition than the ladder (thankfully). Eventually, you come across another ladder leading down.
"Where are we?"
Galli peers through the chain-link walls of the catwalk.
"I think we're above Solitary."
"Should we go down?"
"Yeah, let's just see where else this leads to."
You round the next corner of the catwalk, only to discover that it is falling apart. The ladder, on the other side, is marked "Guard Quarters."
"Doesn't look like we'll get across."
"Solitary it is, then. We can get to Block C from there, right?"
"Yup."
You descend the nearby ladder, into a large deserted hallway. You spy a few cells in the walls, made completely of solid steel. They seem deserted. Good. You pick a random direction and walk right, eventually coming back to where the Solitary Wing joins Blocks A and B. There is no floor, rather some sort of extendable bridge. You could have extended it, but the anvil has slammed, has been smashed to pieces, and the anvil is embedded in the ground. It doesn't seem like there's any way across, yet. This time, you walk left. This floor has also been removed on this side, with another extendable bridge.
"Hey, Galli. Reckon you can hack this computer? Make the bridge work?"
"I dunno. Probably no-"
"Hey, wait!"
"Huh?"
"It's me, Blue!"
"Where are you?"
"In this cell, directly to your left."
You walk up to the cell and peer through the tiny window on the door.
"How did you get in there?"
"I had to go through the walls to find a way around to Solitary. Shame it led in here."
"Can't you leave?"
"Not unless I learn how to jump 20 feet into the air, no. Ceiling's destroyed."

Leave Blue where she is.
Release Blue.

Items

Ashe's Chainaxe - A ridiculously overpowered... thing made using a chainsaw and a war axe. Can tear apart guest and member alike with ease. Shame the circuitry has been totally destroyed.
Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Jerry Can - Holds fuel for the Chainaxe. 3/4 full.
Torch - A makeshift flaming torch.
Chainaxe Motherboard - A crucial Chainaxe component. Unfortunately, without an Imperial Electrocore, the Chainaxe is still useless.
Electrical Cable - An insulated bit of cable.
Small motor - A small motor.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger.
Zombie Slave Serum - Turns a dead body into a zombie that will obey a single order, then disintegrate.
Shotgun Shells - Ammo for the Double-Barreled Shotgun. You have 8.
Scimitar - A fancy, curved blade. It once belonged to Daskar.
Dungeon Keyring - A keyring that can open any door in the dungeon.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#0: Unknown: [ADMIN]
#1: Unknown: [JAMES]
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#3: Unknown: [JUKKA]
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe.
#5: Unknown: [AMBER]
#6: Unknown: [SOREN]
#7: Unknown: [PEONY]
#8: Unknown: [BANYA]
#9: Unknown: [DELTHION]
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#11: Unknown: [GONFF]
#12: Unknown: [DANFLOR]
#13: Unknown: [PERIFAEN]
#14: Unknown: [LEATHO]
#15: Unknown: [ROCKTREE]
#16: Unknown: [MATTHIAS]
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#18: Unknown: [SKYBLADE]
#19: BlueRose - A crazed Forumite, locked up in the Dungeon. She seems friendly enough.
#20: Unknown: [THE BINTURONG]
#21: Unknown: [RACHEL]
#22: Unknown: [SUNPAW]
#23: Unknown: [RAIN]
#24: Unknown: [DOTTI]
#25: Unknown: [MHERA]
#26: Unknown: [EULALIA]
#27: Unknown: [KITSUNE]
#28: Unknown: [IZEROTH]
#29: Unknown: [SAGE]
#30: Unknown: [MASK]
#31: Unknown: [DUSTFEATHER]
#32: Unknown: [ASHLEG]
#33: Unknown: [WYLDER]
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who rules over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He was killed by BlueRose.
#35: Unknown: [LUTRA]
#36: Unknown: [SAND]
#37: Unknown: [GRODDIL]
#38: Unknown: [TAM]
#39: Unknown: [WRAITH]
#40: Unknown: [LEO]
#41: Unknown: [LOUGH]
#42: Unknown: [INQUISITOR]
#43: Unknown: [CONRAD]
#44: Unknown: [TESTER]
#45: Unknown: [GAT]
#46: Unknown: [DARKENMAL]
#47: Unknown: [MEADOW]
#48: Unknown: [RUSVUL]
#49: Unknown: [OSU]
#50: Unknown: [DANIEL]
#51: Unknown: [WOT]
#52: Unknown: [ABAREBEAR]
#53: Unknown: [PSYBOX]
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#54: Unknown: [HATLORD]
#55: Unknown: [BONE]
#56: Unknown: [GRIFFEN]
#57: Unknown: [ALBRITHR]
#58: Unknown: [NIGHTSHADE]
#59: Unknown: [BROOKSKIMMER]
#60: Unknown: [NILEJOY]
#61: Unknown: [SILENTSAM]
#62: Unknown: [FIREHAWKE]
#63: Unknown: [TOMMY TREESHIELD]
#64: Unknown: [LORDTBT]
#65: Unknown: [HANNORWORD]
#66: Unknown: [WHITEGHOST]
#66: Unknown: [MENTALMIDWESTERN]
#68: Unknown: [FATCH]
#69: Unknown: [KROWDON]
#70: Unknown: [AMARITH]
#71: Unknown: [ROSIE]
#72: Unknown: [BADGERSWORD1]
#73: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
#74: Unknown: [NORHAM]
#75: Unknown: [BROCKTRESS]
#76: Unknown: [TIRIA_]
#77: Unknown: [OLDFOX]
#78: Unknown: [SANDLOT]
#79: Unknown: [TAGGERUNG]
#80: Unknown: [MARY]
#81: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#82: Unknown: [ALEXANDRE]
#83: Unknown: [VIZKA]
#84: Unknown: [MILADY]
#85: Unknown: [NATHAN]
#86: Unknown: [UNGATT]
#87: Unknown: [2QUID]
#88: Unknown: [HIAG]
#89: Slagar - An evil, deformed fox in a mask. He threw you into the cellars.
#90: Baliss - This is you. A genetic freak with tendrils for arms.
[close]
Peoplez wot's travelling with you

Baliss - Member #90. This is you.
Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 2
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Deceased.
BlueRose - Member #19. Guests will avoid her, and in turn, you. Affinity: 2 Location: Somewhere in the Dungeon
[close]