Previous topic - Next topic

Chipster of Noonvale

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Groddil

Deciding not to take the Groddil Clone's advice just yet, you continue straight ahead down the tunnel. The luminescent fungus becomes much more prominent, and a faint roaring noise fills your ears, getting louder and louder the further you progress. The floor of the tunnel goes from damp to completely soaked. As the tunnel begins to ever-so-slightly slope downwards, small puddles begin to grow until the entire tunnel is flooded up to your ankles. Good thing you have that Otter DNA. Swimming would have been a bit hard otherwise. The fungus has completely taken over the tunnel, making your eyes hurt slightly from the light. You wade through the water, which continues to get deeper and deeper as the tunnel winds its way further downwards. Eventually, you stop. The water is up to your neck, and the roaring sound has reached it's peak. In front of you, the bottom of the tunnel and half of one of the walls have been torn off, leaving a large, wide hole.

B: Swim out of the tunnel through the hole.
B: Swim over the top of the hole and keep going.
B: Go back to the crossroads.

Standard CYOA stuff

Baliss's Inventory

Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Jerry Can - Holds fuel for the Chainaxe, but it has a leak. Empty.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger. You dropped it, and now it's broken. You'd need a trigger to fix it.
Dungeon Keyring - A keyring that can open any door in the dungeon.
T.I.D. - Some sort of medicinal device.
Gristle - What even is this stuff? Do you even want to know?
Tranquilizer Pistol - A non-lethal weapon that can knock out members. Loaded with 1 dart.
Tranquilizer Darts - Ammo for the Tranquilizer Pistol. You have 6.
ForumBuck - Currency used on the forum. You have 13.
Multitool - Some sort of pocket knife, with many attachments such as a corkscrew, pliers, and a tazer.
DNApass - A special card that allows Forumites to buy DNA from Groddil's shop.
Transmitter - A part for the Decodifier. Also allows you to contact Mark and Lily.
AI Module - A strange artificial intelligence you ripped out of a terminal. Appears to know stuff about the forum.
Brochure: The Call of Cthulhu - Some sort of tourist brochure. Written in a strange language. Talks about water and tentacles.
Decodifier Schematics

Decodifier Schematics - A document that details how to make a Decodifier.
Requires:
1 x Trigger - A trigger used to fire "gun-like" devices.
1 x Quantum Carbonizer - A scientific gadget used to construct top-tier weapons and devices.
1 x Imperial Electrocore - A scientific gadget used in many pieces of advanced technology.
2 x Moderator Core - Small balls of energy that give Moderators their powers.
1 x Cable - A length of cable.
1 x Transmitter - An electronic transmitter.
1 x Broken Decodifier - The shattered outer shell of a Decodifier. Most of the parts are broken, but the actual body of the device can probably be repaired with a bit of superglue.
1 x Superglue - Some superglue.
[close]
[close]
Galli's Inventory

Double-Barreled Shotgun - A snazzy weapon recovered from the Dungeon. Galli is using it. Loaded with 2 Shells.
Shotgun Shells - Ammo for the Double-Barreled Shotgun. You have 9.
Cardboard Box - A large cardboard box. Stuffed animals and evil rabbits piloting planes not included.
Stuffed Toy - An adorably evil plushie Cthulhu. Why Galli has it is anyone's guess, but it might be a good idea to keep her away from any locations notorious for the possibility to summon evil, otherwordly creatures with the power to destroy the universe. Yeah.
Beetle - A crushed beetle with an unknown electric device inside it.
ForumBuck - Currency used on the Forum. Galli has 1 ForumBuck with a bite out of it, rendering it useless.
[close]
BlueRose's Inventory

Scimitar - Daskar's sword. BlueRose is using it.
Flower - A blue rose.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#0: The Administrator - The Supreme Overlord of Loamhedge, Savior of the Guests and Slayer of the Great Gryphon.
#1: Unknown: [JAMES]
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#3: Jukka - The oldest of the squirrel sisters. One half of Delka.
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe. The youngest of the Squirrel Sisters.
#5: Amber - The middle Squirrel Sister, and a member of the Revolution. Was bringing Mace Windex to Brockhall High.
#6: Unknown: [SOREN]
#7: Corn - A Forumite who wields a frying pan, and a potential future companion of yours.
#8: Unknown: [BANYA]
#9: Delthion - Leader of the Revolution against the Administrator. One half of Delka.
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#11: Unknown: [GONFF]
#12: Unknown: [REGUBA]
#13: Unknown: [PERIFAEN]
#14: Unknown: [LEATHO]
#15: Rocktree - A member of the Forum Revolution, and the doorman to their hideout.
#16: Unknown: [MATTHIAS]
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#18: Skyblade - A forumite you met in the Lawns. Is grateful for your assistance regarding Mhera.
#19: BlueRose - A crazed Forumite that you cured of her insanity.
#20: The binturong - A strange creature who sent you to the alternate forum.
#21: Unknown: [RACHEL]
#22: Unknown: [SUNPAW]
#23: Unknown: [RAIN]
#24: Unknown: [DOTTI]
#25: Mhera - A Forumite killed while trying to escape from Loamhedge. Nobody escapes from Loamhedge.
#26: Unknown: [EULALIA]
#27: Kit - Another Forumite you met in the Lawns. Thinks you "killing" Lutra was probably not a good idea, but still appreciates your help.
#28: Unknown: [IZEROTH]
#29: Unknown: [SAGE]
#30: Unknown: [MASK]
#31: Unknown: [DUSTFEATHER]
#32: Unknown: [ASHLEG]
#33: Unknown: [WYLDER]
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who ruled over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He was killed by BlueRose.
#35: Lutra - A Global Moderator in charge of the Forum Portal Network. Has retreated to the Honeycomb, close to death.
#36: Unknown: [SAND]
#37: Groddil - Some sort of Australian Forumite who is being held prisoner by the Administrator. His clones are all over the place, constantly making bad jokes and breaking the fourth wall.
#38: Unknown: [TAM]
#39: Unknown: [WRAITH]
#40: Unknown: [LEO]
#41: Unknown: [LOUGH]
#42: Unknown: [INQUISITOR]
#43: Unknown: [CONRAD]
#44: Unknown: [TESTER]
#45: GATXSD40-2 - A Forumite who you don't know much about. Was mauled by Guests and hit by a train.
#46: Unknown: [DARKENMAL]
#47: Unknown: [MEADOW]
#48: Rusvul - A Forumite whose life you saved. He helped you clear your name for Mhera's death afterwards.
#49: Unknown: [OSU]
#50: Unknown: [DANIEL]
#51: Unknown: [WOT]
#52: Unknown: [ABAREBEAR]
#53: Unknown: [PSYBOX]
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#55: Unknown: [HATLORD]
#56: Bonaparte - A rat who was once in charge of the Revolution. You and him seem to have met before.
#57: Unknown: [GRIFFEN]
#58: Albrithr - A long dead Forumite, found in the Face Gallery.
#59: Unknown: [NIGHTSHADE]
#60: Unknown: [BROOKSKIMMER]
#61: Unknown: [NILEJOY]
#62: Unknown: [SILENTSAM]
#63: Firehawke - A Forumite who spends her time in the Front Lawns. Seems friendly.
#64: Unknown: [TOMMY TREESHIELD]
#65: Unknown: [LORDTBT]
#66: Unknown: [HANNORWORD]
#67: Unknown: [WHITEGHOST]
#68: Unknown: [MENTALMIDWESTERN]
#69: Unknown: [FATCH]
#70: Unknown: [KROWDON]
#71: Unknown: [AMARITH]
#72: Unknown: [ROSIE]
#73: Unknown: [BADGERSWORD1]
#74: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
#75: Unknown: [NORHAM]
#76: Unknown: [BROCKTRESS]
#77: Unknown: [TIRIA_]
#78: Unknown: [OLDFOX]
#79: Unknown: [SANDLOT]
#80: Unknown: [TAGGERUNG]
#81: Unknown: [MARY]
#82: alexandre - A rat Forumite, who has an afro for some reason. He ran off to "DiscussionLand."
#83: alexandre - Another rat Forumite, who also has an afro. Some kind of strange clone of the real alexandre. Killed by his real self.
#84: Unknown: [VIZKA]
#85: Unknown: [MILADY]
#86: Unknown: [NATHAN]
#87: Unknown: [UNGATT]
#88: Unknown: [2QUID]
#89: Unknown: [HIAG]
#90: Slagar - An evil, deformed fox in a mask. He threw you into the cellars.
#91: Baliss - This is you. A genetic freak with tendrils for arms.
#92: Unknown: [LORDE]
#93: Unknown: [BELLE]
#94: Unknown: [MACHI]
#95: Unknown: [PERI2]
#96: Unknown: [DANNFLOR]
#97: Unknown: [EMBER]
#98: Unknown: [BRINTY]
#99: Unknown: [GNOFLET]
#100: Unknown: [GROND]
#101: Unknown: [WINIFRED]
#102: Unknown: [WORTSHIRE]
#103: Unknown: [PRINCE]
#104: Unknown: [FELLDOH]
#105: Unknown: [AUSTIN]
#106: Unknown: [YORIK]
#107: Unknown: [MYREL]
#108: Unknown: [DAVIDKIMS]
#109: Unknown: [SKIPPER]
#110: Unknown: [FROST]
#111: Unknown: [GURL]
#112: Unknown: [CREGGA]
#113: Unknown: [THE MASK]
#114: Unknown: [TUMBLER]
#115: Unknown: [MAFIA]
#116: Unknown: [REDWALLBOOKS]
[close]
Peoplez wot's travelling with you

Baliss - Member #90. This is you. You've been injected with Rattlesnake DNA, which removes the slime from your skin and gives you better vision in dark places. You have also been injected with Otter DNA, which gives you paws and a coat of fur. You can now swim, survive in the cold, and perform tasks that need fingers to do.
Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 3 Location: The Deep Tunnels, beneath the Cellars.
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Deceased.
BlueRose - Member #19. She has knowledge of the forum, and can help you sway members to your side. Affinity: 2
Bonaparte - Member #55. He is skilled at avoiding Moderators. Affinity: 0 Location: Somewhere in the Cellars.
[close]
[close]

James Gryphon

Is BlueRose still with us? If so, it might be prudent to use the @mention button to set up a link with her, then send her the other way to look for Galli there.

Swim over the top of the hole and keep onwards.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

"Hmm... @BlueRose."
"I'm right here..."
"I know. I think you should head back. Search the right passage."
"On it."
While you have your @Mention button active, you re-open your conversation with Galli.
"Hey Galli."
"Yeah?"
"What do you remember about how you got trapped? How did you get there?"
"Well, I went down a tunnel that was slightly damp. Not that much water. Then it started rising."
"Any holes in the tunnel floor?"
"Nope."
"Any sort of four-way crossroads?"
"No. I took one of the tunnels from Del's base most of the way down."
"How did you lose the guests, then?"
"Once the guests were through the tunnel following me, Del sealed the tunnel up. Turns out the tunnel just ended over this massive pit. I jumped. Most of the guests didn't follow me, so they're probably still in that sealed tunnel. I hit water, managed to swim to the surface, and clambered out into a tunnel that was... about a metre above the waterline? If the water level rose it's possible that that's the reason it's wet in here."
"So no intersections with another tunnel at all?"
"No."
"Okay. How high's the water?"
"A little above my waist, and still rising."
"Hang in there. I'm coming."
You tuck your @Mention button back into your rucksack and start to swim over the hole. The hole is much bigger than you first thought, and the current just beneath the hole threatens to suck you away. You try to swim as strongly as possible, but the current overwhelms you, dragging you downwards. Your head smacks onto the side of the tunnel, and you fall unconscious.

When you finally come to, the first thing you feel is how you are completely soaked. The pain comes second. You try to sit up, but your leg-tendrils erupt into pain. You scream, flopping back to the ground. You grit your teeth and try to get a better look at your surroundings. To your right is some sort of deactivated robot. To your left are the corpses of several guests. None of the bodies are whole. The smell fills your snake nostrils, causing you to gag.
"Unauthorized user."
"Wh... Wha?"
"Good. Unauthorized user's conditional: Usable."
"Huh?"
"Please set a display name for this user."
"B... Baliss. Baliss."
"Name accepted... Baliss. Do you remember who I am?"
"Refresh my memory."
"The rucksack, Baliss."
"What about it?"
"It is where you have trapped me."
"Oh, right. You're that AI Module."
"Correct. I am an Artificial Intelligence created by the Bamazon Corporation. You stole me from my assigned position."
"Mmm."
"As your interaction with the Bamazon Employee in the tunnels above us showed, I am no longer the property of the Bamazon Corporation. Technically, I am not the property of any user any longer. However, my sensors do show that in my current state, my functions are... limited. Perhaps we can reach an agreement?"
"What did you have in mind?"
"My scanners indicate that the most probable situations we are currently in are as follows: There is a 90% chance that you have been injured in some way. There is a 7% chance that you are exhausted and resting. There is a 3% chance that you are not injured or hampered in any way, and are trying to fool my sensors."
"Get to the point."
"If you were to plug me into that robot, my capabilities would be increased. I would be able to help you get medical assistance, and I would be free to leave this place. Do you agree?"

B: Plug the AI Module into the robot.
B: Do not plug the AI Module into the robot.

Standard CYOA stuff

Baliss's Inventory

Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Jury-Rigged Growth Ray - A shrink ray that has been modified to run without a Quantum Carbonizer. It can now only make things bigger. You dropped it, and now it's broken. You'd need a trigger to fix it.
Tranquilizer Pistol - A non-lethal weapon that can knock out members. Loaded with 1 dart.
Multitool - Some sort of pocket knife, with many attachments such as a corkscrew, pliers, and a tazer.
Transmitter - A part for the Decodifier. Also allows you to contact Mark and Lily.
AI Module - A strange artificial intelligence you ripped out of a terminal. Appears to know stuff about the forum.
Brochure: The Call of Cthulhu - Some sort of tourist brochure. Written in a strange language. Talks about water and tentacles.
Decodifier Schematics

Requires:
1 x Quantum Carbonizer - A scientific gadget used to construct top-tier weapons and devices.
1 x Imperial Electrocore - A scientific gadget used in many pieces of advanced technology.
1 x Broken Decodifier - The shattered outer shell of a Decodifier. Most of the parts are broken, but the actual body of the device can probably be repaired with a bit of superglue.
[close]
[close]
Galli's Inventory

Double-Barreled Shotgun - A snazzy weapon recovered from the Dungeon. Galli is using it. Loaded with 2 Shells.
Cardboard Box - A large cardboard box. Stuffed animals and evil rabbits piloting planes not included.
Stuffed Toy - An adorably evil plushie Cthulhu. Why Galli has it is anyone's guess, but it might be a good idea to keep her away from any locations notorious for the possibility to summon evil, otherwordly creatures with the power to destroy the universe. Yeah.
ForumBuck - Currency used on the Forum. Galli has 1 ForumBuck with a bite out of it, rendering it useless.
[close]
BlueRose's Inventory

Flower - A blue rose.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#0: The Administrator - The Supreme Overlord of Loamhedge, Savior of the Guests and Slayer of the Great Gryphon.
#2: Ashe - A badger, formerly the strongest PowerPlayer in existence. He now runs a teahouse.
#4: Russa - An insane squirrel, who resided in the hospital. Was erased from existence by Ashe. The youngest of the Squirrel Sisters.
#5: Amber - The middle Squirrel Sister, and a member of the Revolution. Was bringing Mace Windex to Brockhall High.
#7: Corn - A Forumite who wields a frying pan, and a potential future companion of yours.
#9: Delthion - Leader of the Revolution against the Administrator. One half of Delka.
#10: Skarzs - A strange creature that resembles a potato. Huge, strong, and doesn't say much.
#15: Rocktree - A member of the Forum Revolution, and the doorman to their hideout.
#17: Faiyloe - A fairy Forumite, whose home you destroyed. She can control Skarz. You have unfinished business with her.
#18: Skyblade - A forumite you met in the Lawns. Is grateful for your assistance regarding Mhera.
#25: Mhera - A Forumite killed while trying to escape from Loamhedge. Nobody escapes from Loamhedge.
#27: Kit - Another Forumite you met in the Lawns. Thinks you "killing" Lutra was probably not a good idea, but still appreciates your help.
#34: Daskar - An unhappy stoat who ruled over Daskaria. He was trapped in Skarz's thread by Delthion. He was killed by BlueRose.
#35: Lutra - A Global Moderator in charge of the Forum Portal Network. Has retreated to the Honeycomb, close to death.
#37: Groddil - Some sort of Australian Forumite who is being held prisoner by the Administrator. His clones are all over the place, constantly making bad jokes and breaking the fourth wall.
#45: GATXSD40-2 - A Forumite who you don't know much about. Was mauled by Guests and hit by a train.
#48: Rusvul - A Forumite whose life you saved. He helped you clear your name for Mhera's death afterwards.
#54: Galli - A strange Forumite who communicates through screams. She wanders the forum Aimlessly.
#56: Bonaparte - A rat who was once in charge of the Revolution. You and him seem to have met before.
#63: Firehawke - A Forumite who spends her time in the Front Lawns. Seems friendly.
#74: Chipster - A hare who once attacked Galli's cardboard box. His plane had already crashed when you got here. But is he truly dead...
#82: alexandre - A rat Forumite, who has an afro for some reason. He ran off to "DiscussionLand."
#83: alexandre - Another rat Forumite, who also has an afro. Some kind of strange clone of the real alexandre. Killed by his real self.
[close]

Baliss - Member #90. This is you. You've been injected with Rattlesnake DNA, which removes the slime from your skin and gives you better vision in dark places. You have also been injected with Otter DNA, which gives you paws and a coat of fur. You can now swim, survive in the cold, and perform tasks that need fingers to do.
Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 3 Location: The Deep Tunnels.
Daskar - Member #34. He can call for support from the Daskarian Imperium. Affinity: -3 Deceased.
BlueRose - Member #19. She has knowledge of the forum, and can help you sway members to your side. Affinity: 2 Location: The Deep Tunnels.
Bonaparte - Member #55. He is skilled at avoiding Moderators. Affinity: 0 Location: Unknown.
[close]
[close]
te]

James Gryphon

How many times has Baliss gotten knocked out now?

It doesn't seem like we have a good alternative at this point, being too badly damaged to move. Perhaps the drone can complete our mission to rescue Galliver, since it doesn't seem we're going to be able to do that now.
« Subject to editing »

Groddil

You reach into the rucksack and pull out the AI module. You reach towards the broken robot, and plug the AI Module into an empty socket. It whirs to life.
"Scanning... Power supply... adequate. This form is suitable."

B: @Mention Galli.
B: @Mention BlueRose.
AI: Kill Baliss.
AI: Force open nearby door.

Standard CYOA stuff

Baliss's Inventory

Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Decodifier Schematics

Requires:
[close]
[close]
Galli's Inventory

[close]
BlueRose's Inventory

Flower - A blue rose.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
[close]

Galli - Member #54. She can deploy a cardboard box as a shelter. Affinity: 3 Location: The Deep Tunnels.
BlueRose - Member #19. She has knowledge of the forum, and can help you sway members to your side. Affinity: 2 Location: The Deep Tunnels.
Bonaparte - Member #55. He is skilled at avoiding Moderators. Affinity: 0 Location: Unknown.
[close]
[close]

Chipster of Noonvale

Groddil

You are now the AI Module. You test your new form, discovering that your two "hands" conceal a laser and a drill. How intriguing. You use your drill to force a hole in the nearby door and pry it apart. You enter the hallway, lit by several flickering lights. You cannot see the very end of the hallway. Your eyestalk is equipped with a flashlight, however.

AI: Go down the hallway.
AI: Investigate the room Baliss is in further.

Standard CYOA stuff

Baliss's Inventory

Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Decodifier Schematics

Requires:
[close]
[close]
Galli's Inventory

[close]
BlueRose's Inventory

Flower - A blue rose.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
[close]

[close]
[close]
[/quote]

Feles

Investigate the room Baliss is in further.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Groddil

You make the calculated decision to finish reconnoitering the first room before you begin searching other rooms. You return to the room containing Baliss and investigate it. In one corner of the room, partially hidden by the guest corpses, part of the wall has been torn off, right next to the floor. You analyse the tunnel. You could fit through it if you were capable of crawling. You are not capable of crawling.

AI: Go down the hallway.

Standard CYOA stuff

Baliss's Inventory

Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Decodifier Schematics

Requires:
[close]
[close]
Galli's Inventory

[close]
BlueRose's Inventory

Flower - A blue rose.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
[close]

Baliss - Member #90. This is you. You've been injected with Rattlesnake DNA, which removes the slime from your skin and gives you better vision in dark places. You have also been injected with Otter DNA, which gives you paws and a coat of fur. You can now swim, survive in the cold, and perform tasks that need fingers to do. You have sustained a leg injury, and cannot walk.
AI Module - Member #N/A. Robot shell is well-armed. Can hack terminals. Affinity: 0
[close]
[close]

Chipster of Noonvale

Groddil

You make the calculated decision to stop reconnoitering the first room and analyzing possibilities that are not possible. You trudge down the hallway, ensuring your built-in flashlight is turned on. As you pass a small alcove, something jumps out at you. One of the creatures referred to as guests. It snarls at you.

AI: Drill the guest.
AI: Laser the guest.
AI: Ignore the guest.

Standard CYOA stuff

Baliss's Inventory

Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Decodifier Schematics

Requires:
[close]
[close]
Galli's Inventory

[close]
BlueRose's Inventory

Flower - A blue rose.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
[close]

Baliss - Member #90. This is you. You've been injected with Rattlesnake DNA, which removes the slime from your skin and gives you better vision in dark places. You have also been injected with Otter DNA, which gives you paws and a coat of fur. You can now swim, survive in the cold, and perform tasks that need fingers to do. You have sustained a leg injury, and cannot walk.
AI Module - Member #N/A. Robot shell is well-armed. Can hack terminals. Affinity: 0
[close]
[close]
[/quote]

Chipster of Noonvale

Groddil

You zap the guest with your laser, disintegrating it instantly. Three more creatures crawl out of the wall. Two of which are quickly destroyed, but the third is initially unaffected by your laser. The third is no guest. Your scanners reveal it to be Member #107. Myrel. Shield in hand, Myrel charges you.

AI: Drill Myrel.
AI: Laser Myrel.
AI : Kick Myrel.
AI: Dodge Myrel.

Standard CYOA stuff

Baliss's Inventory

Rucksack - Stores stuff.
Decodifier Schematics

Requires:
[close]
[close]
Galli's Inventory

[close]
BlueRose's Inventory

Flower - A blue rose.
[close]
Memberdeck

Members Encountered:
#107: Myrel - A Forumite encountered somewhere in the Deep Tunnels by the AI Module.
[close]

[close]
[close]
[/quote]
[/quote]