News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Phobias

Started by Matthias720, October 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

The thing I have a fear of the most is Public Speaking. When I have to call someone, talk to a teacher, or give an oral book report, it's awful. My voice climbs up in pitch WAY to high, I start shaking, and I start sweating. I had to give a speech about The Two Towers for a grade. When I was almost done, I started getting VERY dizzy and staggered over to my desk were I acted like I had just gotten over a Hangover. Probably one of my lesser moments in school. I also hate when I'm riding in a car and the person driving stops RIGHT before they hit a car. Scares me to no end.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

W0NWILL

Public speaking is actually one of the most common fears. I'm actually fine with speaking in front of large groups of people. But put me in front of a singular person, I trip over my own words and get extremely stressed. With large groups, it's easier for me to pretend like they're all listening to each other. With one person, I know beyond any doubt that they're listening to me.

Søren

I cannot sing without at least 50 others around me singing too.

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

I can't sing at all, I sound like Dotti when I try ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on April 08, 2015, 01:58:48 PM

Jajaja that's pretty much my problem ;D
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on April 08, 2015, 01:58:48 PM

Well said!  I'm right there with you!  We're at least aware of it, I suppose.
I don't even have anyone like Southpaw and Bobweave to help me feel better about it.