News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Phobias

Started by Matthias720, October 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Flandor: Clowns terrify me. When I went to the state fair at five, I hid under a chair from a clown

Dannflorreguba: I've never heard anyone being scared of that before
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

I'm scared I'm going to use one by accident! :( Do you know what I would feel like if I did!?!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Flandor

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 17, 2012, 02:39:35 AM
I'm scared I'm going to use one by accident! :( Do you know what I would feel like if I did!?!

I have a swearing problem.  I work in a tire shop (as in a factory where we make tires, not where we sell them and install them)  soooo yeah pretty much we swear all day every day no matter what the conversation is about.  I keep it in check mostly outside work but I sometimes slip up when little kids are around and that makes me feel bad.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Tannsrall

Swearing is so sad. It is just a problem. It brings a negative affect on people.
if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Redwallfan7

I'm not a big fan of swearing either. I don't believe in the stereotype that if you're old enough, you can swear. I'm not one to judge if others do swear, I just don't like to see or hear swear words.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Quote from: Tannsrall on June 17, 2012, 03:57:53 AM
Swearing is so sad. It is just a problem. It brings a negative affect on people.

I don't agree necessarily.  Swearing doesn't equate hateful speech.  Colorful language happens in some of my happiest, most harmless conversations.  It depends a lot on your upbringing.  I'm working class and hang around with working class folks, mostly of Irish and Polish descent.  We grow up with some swearing.  In fact I can't think of any time recently I've used a swear word hatefully.  It usually accompanies friendly banter and good conversation. 

If you don't think its good, then more power to you.  But it doesn't make anyone a bad person or anything of the sort because they swear.  Someone who never swears but goes around telling other people how to live or being mean to others is worse by a lot.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I'm also scared of the grim reaper.... I don't know why, I just always was when I was little, and I've never grew out of that fear.

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Flandor on June 17, 2012, 04:10:27 AM
I don't agree necessarily.  Swearing doesn't equate hateful speech.  Colorful language happens in some of my happiest, most harmless conversations.  It depends a lot on your upbringing.  I'm working class and hang around with working class folks, mostly of Irish and Polish descent.  We grow up with some swearing.  In fact I can't think of any time recently I've used a swear word hatefully.  It usually accompanies friendly banter and good conversation. 

If you don't think its good, then more power to you.  But it doesn't make anyone a bad person or anything of the sort because they swear.  Someone who never swears but goes around telling other people how to live or being mean to others is worse by a lot.

This, thank you. I've been told I curse like a sailor, but I am the first to call people on offensive and hurtful language, and I've also been told I'm almost TOO nice, usually. Lol Swearing doesn't mean anything about what kind of person you are, as long as you aren't using it to degrade or hurt anyone--there are a lot of really offensive words that aren't considered "swears", remember, and just because someone swears doesn't mean they use every swear word indiscriminately.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

MatthiasMan

OH MY GOSH!! A SPIDER CRAWLED UNDER MY FOOT THIS MORNING! I'm freaking out. Uhhgg! It was all hairy and weird and ugly and BLEHhh!! I am NOT sleeping in the basement tonight! I don't care if I have to sleep in the woods. As LONG as no spiders touch me. I couldn't scream this morning when it did, because. . .OH MY GOSH! Another spider! OK I'm gonna leave now. Bya guys.

WarriorOfMossflower

Bet nobody's heard of this: Sedatephobia, fear of silence, which I have. I can't sleep at night without the sound of my fan blowing... And I hate most Apple devices because I never hear anything clicking, like my good old computer...Lesse, there was something else too... ah, nevermind, I've forgotten it.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

MatthiasMan

I can't get over that spider in my mind. Blehh! It's still running in my mind. I can't stand it. I am never going to step there again.

Redwallfan7

Spiders... All kinds of spiders creep me out. Especially tarantulas.

Wisteria Wild Cat

Dolls. The old ones. This is embarrassing but here it goes.

I was watching a TV show, Mysteries at the Museum, and it showed this old, old doll. It said that when people went by the doll, their cameras and phones started to malfunction. I seriously just started bawling and screaming. My mom freaked out and had no idea what was wrong until I threw the remote at her. Fifteen minutes later, I told her and she actually looked disappointed in me. Like she was embarrassed that I would be scared of such a thing.
I'm also TERRIFIED of mannequins and dummies, the ones that look like they're real people. I went past a small scene with four or five and froze. My heart was racing but I couldn't move until my dad led me away.
And spiders. But after I scream for some one to kill them, I feel kind of bad. But then I get over it. 
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Rainshadow

Spiders *shudder*,  clowns, being chased, bees, mosquitoes, snakes, rats, mice, darkness (not like when I'm trying to go to sleep, but when I'm walking down a dark hallway with things in it.  My imagination is horrible.), small spaces, worms, snails, slugs, germs, poisonous plants, drowning, fish, really boring books, long sentences, and a whole lot more stuff.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

the bratz dolls, I was obsessed with them at 12 years old. Now, I think they're ridiculous in appearance. Their heads look too big for their bodies, and it it looks as if they have no noses :P