News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Phobias

Started by Matthias720, October 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

This might sound like an unusual phobia, but I still get scared (no matter how old I am) of the scream and grim reaper costumes, and the clown costumes for Halloween in the costume shops.

Now that I'm older I don't scream or cry about it, but I do shiver. Like I was in a store and I looked away, because I didn't want to see it
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

I don't remember if I've posted this already, but I hate alarm clocks.  Or anything that beeps.  I just hate the noise!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Alarm clocks are annoying, but they don't scare me. Oh, does anyone else get scared of being in a dark, really dark room? Like where you can't even see your hand. I went camping with my parents and cousins and at night our whole trailer was pitch black
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Wisteria Wild Cat

One time, I was at some shop and there was a fortune telling booth, and this fake guy was inside. I watched it warily as I walked into the shop, and once safely inside I watched it. It's eyes moved, and I flipped. I ran outside, freaking out and and refused to go into that shop again. It was awful...
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Redwallfan7

I kind of get scared of those too

Tiria Wildlough

I don't like being in really deep water. I went in the five-metre part of a pool once. :o
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

I don't like swimming in lakes near the deep area.  I just keep thinking that I'm going to step on a fish or something gross.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Most people assume that I'm afraid of water because I can't swim that well. Not true. I don't mind being in water, it's just that I'm not quite athletically coordinated. Swimming does looks awesome though.

Corporal Firalay

I get freaked out swimming in water I can't see the bottom of, not necessarily deep but if the sand stirs up or the water is dark or if it IS deep, I start breathing really fast and begin to imagine fish eating my feet or stepping on an oyster and losing my toes or when I'm in the sea stepping on a stingray, stonefish or puffer fish... I have to wear flippers when I go into that kind of water because I get so scared  :(
And, completely opposite to that, I have a phobia of fire. When me and my siblings were little, on a Saturday and a Sunday morning one of us would make my mum a cup of tea for her to drink in bed. I am the youngest, so eventually it was my turn. But I refused to light the gas stove top to boil the water. Not with really long matches and not with a gas lighter. After having a campfire on a camp, I can barely sleep for fear of it not having been put out and starting a bush fire. I won't spend very much time in the country and I simply don't go out to country N.S.W (I live in Sydney, Australia) in the summer. I don't even like birthday candles.  :-X
So, two major phobias... I don't mind bugs though  ;)
"My Horde is mighty, my Horde is fearless, shudder under the gaze of Viskata Tatt - fear my name!" -Viskata Tatt
Read the whole story at: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=3660.0

MatthiasMan

I hate you spiders!!!!! Curse you for haunting me at the beach all week!!!!

Rainshadow

Ouch.  I feel sorry for you.  I heard somewhere that the average person eats around 14 spiders in their sleep per year.  You're welcome for that little fact!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 11, 2012, 02:10:45 PM
  Ouch.  I feel sorry for you.  I heard somewhere that the average person eats around 14 spiders in their sleep per year.  You're welcome for that little fact!
eww! When I was in Missouri in 2010, there were large spiders surrounding the outside of the condo. I didn't want to touch the stair railings. Thankfully, they sprayed them out and when I went again this year, I could hold on to the railing again.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 11, 2012, 02:10:45 PM
. . . . .Why did I come back to this topic? And yes I knew that. Stop making me want to throw up my breakfast.

Rainshadow

I'm afraid of crawling under things.  I don't know why, but I do.

W0NWILL

/\ Same, ever since about four years ago, when I was getting a new bed. I asked my dad, who was putting it in if I could crawl under it. When I asked why he said no, the frame sorta collapsed.