News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Phobias

Started by Matthias720, October 27, 2011, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Shade on August 07, 2013, 07:56:20 PM
Ugh yeah, needles.....I'm not going into detail. I don't really have a serious phobia thankfuly.........
I wish I didn't...

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

When its Pitch Black
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Redwaller

Quote from: Tam and Martin on August 07, 2013, 08:20:34 PM
Ugh yeah, needles.....I'm not going into detail. I don't really have a serious phobia thankfuly.........
I wish I didn't...
What's all that talk of needles? You mean like sewing needles?

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Redwaller on August 08, 2013, 02:08:26 AM
I wish I didn't...
I think they're meaning needles as in what you sometimes get at the doctor's, hospital, etc.

Redwaller

Quote from: Tam and Martin on August 08, 2013, 01:52:11 PM
I wish I didn't...
I think they're meaning needles as in what you sometimes get at the doctor's, hospital, etc.
Oh right! Personally I don't find them very scary...

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Redwaller on August 08, 2013, 01:54:19 PM
Quote from: Tam and Martin on August 08, 2013, 01:52:11 PM
I wish I didn't...
Oh right! Personally I don't find them very scary...
To me, it's not that they hurt it's just  seeing them...

SPSF kodachorm otter7486

Quote from: Tam and Martin on August 07, 2013, 07:51:02 PM
Quote from: Romsca on August 05, 2013, 11:03:53 PM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on October 30, 2011, 12:09:35 PM
Also, I don't really like heights. I'm like Lutra, though, it isn't the actual height that scares me, it is the thought of someone jumping off the edge or whatever that scares me. I don't mind being up high, but I never creep too far to the edge...

Same here! And I don't like spiders or needles either.
Needles! Uh, I hate needles. To me it's just looking at them. If they are giving them to me, I don't really care if I'm not looking at them. Even if I am with somebody and I am not the one who is getting the needle and they are, it creeps me out.

Another thing I don't like is when I'm underwater, to go under something. Like if there was a rock to swim under that was above the ground or held up between other thing such as other rocks. I won't ever do that because if I ever got stuck I would die of lack of oxygen.
i hate nail guns cause they hurt also i hate people who give emo a bad look

Romsca

You've gotten hit by a nail gun?

Ferrousferret

My problem is I have a rare form of OCD known as Pure Obsessive. This makes me subject to things known as "specific phobias," which means you have the ability to literally talk yourself into having a phobia. The only difference is that you can also train yourself to stop having the phobia easily, however it's harder because your body responds to it exactly like a real phobia.

I am scared of heights unless there's a solid floor beneath me & I can't easily tell how high up I am.
Needles. I can't get a shot, see someone else get a shot, or even see a person use a needle for any purpose on themselves or another human being in a movie. Even reading about someone using a needle gives me a little panic attack. In fact, it largely deterrs me from even visiting doctors, or friends in the hospital because I find being in the vicinity of a medical professional to be a threat on my life. (Not literally, but that's how my mind wants to percieve it)
I am also scared of other people's dogs, however I have no problems with my own, or those of family members.

Also, if I don't get out on a regular basis & force myself to interact with people, I start developing Agoraphobia.

WoodlandWarrior

I'm terrified of heights and spiders.  I can get to like the 3rd step on a ladder.  And spiders, I freeze up.  Bleh!
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

SPSF kodachorm otter7486

Quote from: Romsca on August 09, 2013, 02:55:12 AM
mo i got a chunk of a railroad spike the eye from a huge nailgun

Redwaller

Quote from: SPSF kodachorm otter7486 on August 10, 2013, 03:10:21 AM
You're blind from an eye?

SPSF kodachorm otter7486

Quote from: Redwaller on August 10, 2013, 02:02:27 PM
Quote from: SPSF kodachorm otter7486 on August 10, 2013, 03:10:21 AM
You're blind from an eye?
no but it hurts from time to time but i was a rookie at that time so no eye protection

Redwaller

SPSF kodachorm otter7486