News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Summer Time Roleplaying

Started by DanielofRedwall, March 06, 2020, 04:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

As promised, here is our official "much smaller role-playing tournament entirely for laughs"! At the end of the tournament, the Staff will decide on a winner based on who makes us laugh the most. Feel free to get as crazy as you wish, within reason. The usual Roleplaying rules on godmodding etc. apply. The theme is "Summer at Redwall", so let this guide your posts.

I'll start below.

-

Daniel sat by the pond, sipping strawberry fizz and watching the ripples in the water as he kicked his paws (or claws? He was still not sure what animal he actually was) in the cool water. He wondered if anyone would join him?
Received mostly negative reviews.

shisteer of nothing much

(OOC: Are we supposed to fight each other or something?)

Teer grinned as she came out of Great Hall, looking up at the awesome sight of the glowing red walls and lush gardens and orchard. She hadn't been here long and the beautiful scene would never cease to amaze her. Pausing, she looked around for a good place to sit and enjoy the early evening sunshine, deciding on the pond as her vantage point. Grinning with delight, Teer skipped to her destination, spinning around as she did so and looking up at the clear blue sky. It was so good to be alive.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Booklover ran straight to the pond and leaped in. She was, after all, a dibbun (OOC: I decided it would be fun to be a dibbun for this), so could do what she liked, as long as she didn't hurt anyone, because that was naughty and she'd be sent to bed early. With no dinner! And, worst of all, the badger muvva would force her to have a bath! Except... wasn't that what happened when she went in the pond without supervision because that was dangerous and she might drown? As far as she could tell, 'dangerous' usually meant 'fun', so there couldn't be anything wrong with it, surely, and there was someone at the edge of the pool. Deciding that it was, after all, perfectly allowed, Booklover began splashing around and trying to swim, hoping somebody else would join her. Playing on her own was not quite as fun.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Kade Rivok

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on March 06, 2020, 07:52:13 AM

(OOC:  Pretty sure not.  We're just supposed to RP as Abbey creatures and try to make each other laugh.  The theme is "Summer at Redwall" after all  ^-^)

Quote from: Booklover on March 06, 2020, 06:22:56 PM
badger muvva

(OOC:  That's Otterbadger muvva to you!)

Kadette prowled out of the Abbey, blinking in the morning sun.  The Otterbadgermother had heard the sounds of some rambunctious dibbun heading for the pond, and wanted to make sure the little troublemaker wasn't, well, getting into trouble.  Plodding in that direction, he found a few creatures already gathered there and called out to the nearest one.

"Good morning Teer, you look rather happy this morning.  Not planning any mischief, I hope?"  He said, a small smile gracing the Otterbadgermother's features as he rubbed her head fondly.  Teer was a good child, full of energy and always willing to help a beast in need, but sometimes she could be a tad naughty, though only so much as to make the older beasts shake their heads while trying to hide smiles.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

OOC
But this is a roleplay tournament, which definitely implies fighting, to some extent.

Another thing:
Spoiler
Quote from: Kade Rivok on March 06, 2020, 07:23:11 PM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on March 06, 2020, 07:52:13 AM

(OOC:  Pretty sure not.  We're just supposed to RP as Abbey creatures and try to make each other laugh.  The theme is "Summer at Redwall" after all  ^-^)

Quote from: Booklover on March 06, 2020, 06:22:56 PM
badger muvva

(OOC:  That's Otterbadger muvva to you!)

Kadette prowled out of the Abbey, blinking in the morning sun.  The Otterbadgermother had heard the sounds of some rambunctious dibbun heading for the pond, and wanted to make sure the little troublemaker wasn't, well, getting into trouble.  Plodding in that direction, he found a few creatures already gathered there and called out to the nearest one.

"Good morning Teer, you look rather happy this morning.  Not planning any mischief, I hope?"  He said, a small smile gracing the Otterbadgermother's features as he rubbed her head fondly.  Teer was a good
[close]
child, full of energy and always willing to help a beast in need, but sometimes she could be a tad naughty
Spoiler
, though only so much as to make the older beasts shake their heads while trying to hide smiles.
[/quote]
[close]
Excuse me?! What do you mean 'child'? I'm a perfectly responsible adult and I'm actually quite considerably ancient, having hatched over a millenia ago. Have some respect for your elders!

Also, are you male or female? It's kind of hard to tell from your post.
[close]

Teer skidded to a halt when she saw the Redwall Otterbadgermother and stood still, smiling innocently.
"G'morning Mother. Of course I'm not planning any mischief. In fact, I was just going to the kitchens to ask the friar if he wants some help cleaning up from breakfast."
Teer kept her smile, hoping the Otterbadger wouldn't point out the fact that she was going in the opposite direction to the kitchens.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

OOC
OOC:  Tournament doesn't imply fighting, just competition, and we're competing to see who can make the Mods laugh the most by the end of it.  Also note, it doesn't say we're role-playing a tournament, but that it's a role-playing tournament, meaning it's a tournament to see who can role play the best towards the given goal, which is making the mods laugh.

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on March 06, 2020, 04:00:44 AM
As promised, here is our official "much smaller role-playing tournament entirely for laughs"! At the end of the tournament, the Staff will decide on a winner based on who makes us laugh the most...The theme is "Summer at Redwall", so let this guide your posts.

And the theme "Summer at Redwall" doesn't really make one think of "I have to fight EVERYBODY", now does it?  ;D

As for your char, my character is currently acting as the Otterbadgermum, and in the context of Redwall, the (Otter)badgermother is always the oldest creature in the Abbey.  I'm simply playing into my role  ^-^

And my characters name is Kadette, and he is the current Otterbadgermother of Redwall.  Hope that cleares up some confusion ^_^

[close]
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Ebantu smiled as the sunshine touched her face. The weather was lovely and hot; perfect for a swim. The young wildcat ran to the pond, her pawsteps cushioned by the mossy grass. She leapt past Booklover and disappeared into the cold water, sending wavelets rippling towards the bank. Ebantu swam underwater back to the small creature by the edge, surfacing beside her and laughing at the wonderful fresh feeling of the water.
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

DanielofRedwall

OOC: Literally anything goes, so long as it progresses naturally. Fight if you want, or don't, up to the participants. :) Also, this will just go for as long as the extravaganza goes for, so it probably won't be an ongoing thing, just have fun.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Kade Rivok

OOC:  Gotcha gotcha  ^-^

IC:
"The kitchens, eh?"  Kadette asked Teer, a small, knowing smile on his face.  "My, how kind of you, my dear!  I'm sure the friar would be quite pleased to have such an able creature assisting him this morning!"  He then looked around in mock confusion, putting his paws on his hips.  "Though I don't know how you got here!  We're quite a ways away from the kitchens.  Tell you what, why don't you stay here instead and help me make sure we don't lose any dibbuns in the pond.  How does that sound?"  He said, the grey speckled fur on his face crinkling in a smile.  Suddenly, Ebantu went flying past them before diving into the lake, causing the Otterbadgermother to shake his head.  "As you can see, I'll probably need some help!"
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

Teer slowly moved away from the otterbadgermother and towards the pond, hoping the kindly otterbadger had lost interest in her. She froze and her shoulders slumped slightly as Kadette addressed her again, bringing up the exact detail she'd wanted to go unnoticed.
"Well, you see, I just noticed-" Teer stopped talking, realising the otterbadger hadn't stopped and hanging her head. There was another thing to add to her problems. The mother of Redwall was a very gentle and kind hearted beast but she had high standards about respect for ones elders, which didn't involve interrupting them. Her thoughts distracted her so much that she missed most of what he was telling her, only hearing the last part of the sentence as Ebantu dashed past them and jumped into the water.
"I'd be happy to help you. The friar isn't expecting me so I won't be letting him down at all. Speaking of which, Booklover looks like she might be drowning. I better go rescue her."
The last few words were said hurriedly over her shoulder as Teer ran, full tilt to the water's edge, tripped on her own paws and rolled several times in the shallows, scooping Booklover up with her footpaws on the way past.
"What have you been told about drowning, little one? Come, I'll teach you how to have real fun in the water."
So saying, Teer released the dibbun and bent down for the young one to climb on her back, spying a quick look at the otterbadgermother.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

OOC:  Teer, you may need to revise your post a bit  :laugh:
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

shisteer of nothing much

OOC: It still works. Mostly. Well... yeak, okay. I'll edit it.

Done.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

(OOC: Just saying, I was right next to Booklover so I don't think she's in danger of drowning :laugh:)   
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

And until we meet again,

Kade Rivok

Goodness gracious, young ones these days have so much energy.  The Otterbadgermother thought ruefully to himself as Teer quickly dashed off.  She obviously hadn't been paying attention, but it was spring!  If young creatures like her couldn't have fun now, then when could they?  Kadette smiled and waved at Teer as she looked back to see if she was in trouble.  Far be it from him to put a stop on such enthusiasm.  Pulling his skirt up a bit, he wandered paw deep into the edge of the ponds water, feeling the coolness between his toes.  If he was younger, he might have joined them, but he... he couldn't possibly do such a thing now.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Ebantu the Kararehe

OOC: This is a bit weird. I'm not used to Kade playing a female character. (Is he female? I'm confused. :P)

And until we meet again,