News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Clear Water (for Leatho Shellhound contest)

Started by cregga rose eyes, January 20, 2013, 01:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cregga rose eyes

I will update a map here once I'm done drawing it.
Here is the link to my discussion page:       Clear Water Discussion

Text breaks:
*********** = different character zoomage.
-------------- = same character, just getting rid of travel time ;)
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

cregga rose eyes

Clear Water Prologue

The bird's large wings buffeted the air as he landed on stone. Panting heavily the goose gasped to a group of otters. " Injured beast, young ottermaid I am thinking."
"Where?" Questioned the head of the group, a tall sea otter.
"East- north of us. Laying on a small beach." The barnacle goose said.
The otter nodded. "Brantalis, get yourself some water before you kill yourself."
The goose, Brantalis, still breathing hard walked away to get water.
The tall sea otter waved his paw towards the five otters who where under his command to follow him. They sat off at a steady trot to the northeast.

BOOK ONE:    REMEMBRANCE

Heroes arise when the need comes,
Called by a destiny of sorts
For journeys always intercourse
Whether for the least or best
But underneath it all
Waters tend to clear again.

ONE
   The maid's eyes slowly opened. Her body felt numb, different. She slowly turned her head to the side, with a moan.
   A tall otter lady stood as she saw the maid awake. "You're awake."
   The maid stared at he the otter lady. She was confused. She felt so fuzzy.
   "Do you need anything dear." The otter lady asked. "My name is Deedero."
   "Water." They ottermaid responded, her voice sounding strange in her mind.
   "Sure thing young'un." Deedero remarked. "What's your name?"
   "Um." The ottermaid paused. What was her name? All she could remember was the cold harsh waves crashing against her. "I don't know. I can't remember."
   "It will come to you. Don't worry." Deedero stood up to leave the room. "But until than we'll come up with a short term name for you once I get back with your water."
    The maid nodded.
   Deedero left the room. As she was turning a corner, a tall sea otter ran into to her.
   "What do you think your doing rushing around, Shellhound?" Deedero exclaimed. "Your patient just woke and she's thirsty, so either go get some water or go mind your business, and leave the poor maid alone. It won't help her if you rush in asking questions. Poor beast can't even remember her own name."
   "Well at least she's awake. Thanks to you, magic paws." Leatho Shellhound winked as he ducked a swinging paw of Deedero's. "Best get some water for the maid. She could use some after such a journey."
   Deedero nodded, walking past the once rogue otter. She got the water and headed back towards the otter maid's room.
   The maid smiled at Deedero, but Deedero could see the uncertainty in the maid's eyes. Handing her the water, Deedero sat down in the chair she had previously occupied.
   "Did you think of a name for yourself?" Deedero asked.
   The maid shook her head. "No, have you?"
   "I think I have." Deedero announced. "How does the name Journey sound to you?"
   "Marvelous." Journey responded. "Journey it is."
   Deedero looked at Journey. "You should get some rest Journey. You may feel awake, but it will help you heal with a little bit more sleep."
   "Okay." Journey answered as she laid her head down on a soft pillow. "Miss Deedero Marm, where am I?"
   "Your on the Green Isle, we call the place we're at now Holt Summerdell. Now go to sleep young'un."
   Journey closed her eyes. I have a name, Journey!
Drifting with the wind

cregga rose eyes

TWO
   Tiria Wildlough, High Rhulain of the Green Isle paced down one of the many passageways of Holt Summerdell. She had a strange feeling, something she hadn't felt in a long time. Something she hadn't felt since she first held that metal star from Pandion's beak, the evilness of Riggu Felis had made her determined to slay him at the harm he had done. Now she felt the same looming evil, but she couldn't grasp what could be causing it. The Green Isle had held peace for 15 years.
As she continued to ponder on her strange thoughts, a small object darted around a corner, ramming into her. All her strange despair vanished as she smiled at the mass of fur hugging her leg.
"Banjon, what are you doing? Shouldn't you be in your classes right now?" Tiria asked the young pup.
"Nope!" Banjon exclaimed. "Mista Whulky let us leave early. Said we need to get lotsa readies for the festival tonight."
"How could I have forgotten?" Tiria laughed as she scooped Banjon up in her arms. "Well we should be off to get ready. Did you see your sister on the way here?"
Banjon twiddled his paws. Tiria sat him down and asked. "Banjon, where is your sister?"
Banjon looked down and whispered. "She said she'd be at da feast, but dat she had somethant that she had da do first."
Tiria sighed. "Well come along than, if she's not there she'll just be in more trouble than she's already in."
Tiria and young Banjon were walking through the courtyard of Holt Summerdell as a fury of air and feather berated them. Mora Skyfurrow, the niece of Brantalis, landed before them. "I come with news of The Redwall and The Salamandastron."
Tiria happily accepted the letter from Mora. Mora remarked than. "I am thinking it is good news on most."
Tiria replied. "Fortunately all the lands here to Redwall have been in peace, so good news is what it should be. Thank you for the letter dear Mora. I will read it once I am at my room."
Mora dipped her head in respect. Flapping her wings the goose took flight.
Once Tiria and Banjon reached the part of Holt Summerdell in which they lived, Tiria sat down and opened the letter:

To the High Rhulain of Green Isle
From Lycian, Mother Abbess of Redwall Abbey
Dear Tiria,
   I am glad to announce that the Purloined Petunia and the Fearless Frunk are sailing across the Western Sea for the second official visit to Green Isle. I, including a crew of Redwallers, young and old, with accompany of Lord Mandoral and his hare's. We should be setting down our anchor on the evening of the first day of the summer, at least according to Captains Quartle and Porter.
I know I will be seeing so soon, but I hope you are well and wish that all your times are good until I arrive to wish you that again in person.
I unfortunately have sad news that I feel I should inform you of now than later. Poor Old Quelt saw his last days early in the spring. Your good friend Girry has taken it well so far, he looked up to Quelt, but Girry understands that Quelt wouldn't want him to grieve.
Well I hope Mora has arrived sound. She rode with us for a ways, but she took off today so that she would be able to give you this letters as a forewarning to our arrival to your beautiful Isle.
                  Your friend always,
                  Abbess Lycian

Tiria smiled as she closed the letter. I should go warn Deedero that we are to be expecting guests for dinner. She will be so fond to hear that the hares' are coming; I know it took awhile to get good Kolun to drop that accent last time they visited.
Drifting with the wind

cregga rose eyes

THREE
Journey poked her head out of the door to the small room that she was staying in. She couldn't spot the kind otter lady who she had met earlier when she first woke.
"Hello." She called down the hall. "Miss Deedero?"
Journey paused, waiting for an answer. When she heard none, she tentatively stepped out of her room. She walked slowly down the hall. She stopped outside a doorway when she heard the shuffling of papers.
"Hello." Journey said poking her head into t he room. An ottermaid much younger than Journey was knelt over picking up fallen papers.
Looking up, the maid saw Journey. "Oh, Hello. You're awake. Do you need anything? Misses Deedero is busy, but I can get you something if you want."
Journey smiled. "I'm fine, but you look like you could use some help."
The maid smiled guiltily. "Yes, but you really don't need to help."
Journey knelt down by the young maid and begun to gather papers. "It won't do either of us harm. Anyway I'm Journey, or well at least that is what I'm going by right now."
"I'm Shora Streamdog. Sorry about this mess. I'm always dropping or spilling things. I'm such a clumsy otter."
"Well no one is perfect." Journey remarked as she stood up holding a stack of papers. Shora did the same.
"I know." Shora said wistfully.
"What were you doing with these?" Journey asked.
"Reorganizing." Shora answered. "Misses Deedero wanted me to start and put all these in groups. They all have information on the plants of the Isle with medicinal value. She wanted me to put all the plants with similar attributes together."
"Wow." Journey exclaimed. "That was quite a mouthful."
Shora smiled. "I bet your hungry. I'll drop you off at the kitchen. There sure to be food there since the festival starts tonight."
Journey nodded. "I am quite hungry. What festival is tonight?"
"The First of Summer Festival." Shora announced as she led Journey out of the room. " Most everyone is busy, since we just found out about two ships of Redwallers and hares' are going to be arriving tonight."
"Redwallers?"
Shora sighed. "Sorry, I keep forgetting that you just really got here. The Redwallers are dwellers of a place across the western sea called Redwall Abbey."
"Okay."
"If you follow that hall up on the right, it'll lead you to the kitchen. I need to get back and finish my work."
Journey nodded and waved to Shora as she begun to walk away. "Thank you Shora."
Walking down the corridor of carved rock, Journey arrived in a large room. Multiple otters bustled to and fro the in the large room, many carrying some sort of food item or bowl. One otter stopped when he saw her. "Do ya need somethin' miss?"
"I was sent here to get something to eat." Journey replied.
"Well, you've come to the right place." The otter exclaimed. "I'm called Birl Gully, I brew most all the drinks here, but I'm helping in the kitchen so I can see what drinks will need ta be served."
Journey nodded politely.
Birl continued. "You look like you could use some soup, somethin' good. It'll fill ya up and leave space for the food of the coming festival. Ha, here's just the stuff."
Birl stopped in front of a steaming pot of soup, he grabbed a bowl and filled it. "Here's somethin' good. Shrimp and Hotroot soup, this should satisfy your taste."
Journey accepted the bowl. "Thank you, Mister Gully."
Birl nodded and went off to check the night's menu. Journey started to head towards a small table at the side of the room, out of the way of all the busy staff.
She drank the soup, quickly. It was hotter than anything she could ever remember eating. Getting up when she was done, she placed the bowl with some other dirty utensils.
-----------------
Strolling back to her room, Journey saw otters here and there getting things ready for the Festival that was to take place that night. She couldn't remember ever being at a festival, so she was excited to see what happened.
She was nearing her room when a tall otter stopped her, saying. "Hello. You seem to be doing better than what Deedero said."
"Excuse me?" Journey said. Who is this strange otter?
"What Deedero said sounded like you were in bad shape, but your up and walking."
Journey shook her head. "Who are you?"
"Leatho Shellhound." Leatho answered. He paused.
Journey looked at the otter in front of her. "I'm Journey. I'm sorry, but why did Deedero tell of how I am doing? Do you work in the Infirmary?"
"No." Leatho shook his head. "I guard the Isle from any possible threat. You were spotted two days ago and my team brought you here. I just wanted to check and see how you were doing."
"I am doing well." Journey stated starkly. "I best get back to my room. Misses Deedero wouldn't be too happy if I wasted all my strength walking around and talking."
Leatho nodded in agreement. "Do you need any help getting back to your room?"
Journey smiled. "No thank you Mister Shellhound. I remember the way."
Journey continued down the hall and arrived to her room.
I know that otter from somewhere. Journey thought as she sat down on the bed. But Where?
Drifting with the wind

cregga rose eyes

FOUR
Waves lapped against the sand of a small cove. A young ottermaid sat on a rock. She wore a long purple tunic. Seated next to her (or rather laying) was a grey seal with sand colored fur.
"Sand. Why is it again that you live here and not the southern coast?" The otter maid asked.
"Because Teal, I prefer this little cove up here in the north of the island." Sand responded. "Why do you live at Holt Summerdell?"
"Because my Mum won't let me live elsewhere." Teal stated. "She says that I have to live with others so that I can learn to be a respectable ottermaid."
Sand nodded his head. He was an outcast of the grey seal colony that lived along the south-southwest coast of Green Isle.
"What made you want to learn land talk? If that's what it's called or should be called." Teal asked. The young maid was the only creature he had a chance to really speak to, since almost none of the land-dwellers of the Isle knew of his existence. Teal only discovered him one day while she was "exploring".
"I like the sound of it. I can speak seal as well, but I like to speak like this, it is much more fun of a language." Sand responded.
Teal laughed. "Well I'm glad you like it, since I'm horrible at seal."
Sand grinned. Teal was an easy-going otter. Always able to laugh or make a joke. "Teal, you should be heading home. It is past the time of high sun and your mother is bound to be wondering where you've gone here soon. It takes you some time as well to trek back up I would think."
Teal sighed. "Your right as usual Sand. I'll try to visit you soon. If I'm able to get past my Mum."
Teal stood up and waved to Sand as she headed towards the path she used to get back up the cliff. "Bye Sand."
Sand flapped a flipper in return. "See you soon, Teal."
Far out in the open water of the sea, north-west of the cove, a dark, lean figure collapsed her spyglass. Gazing at the beast to her right she said, "Ferna, see to it that Icedor let's us know when the time is right. Inform him to hurry; I've spotted to large birds, geese, flying around the island. They'll spot us soon."
"I will see that he receives your words immediately Captain Zehrza."
"Good." Zehrza stated as her steers beast scurried away to give her orders.  Icedor knows well he needs me for this and he doesn't seem to be and idiot who would waste my aid.
Drifting with the wind

cregga rose eyes

FIVE
Sneaking back into Summerdell right before a festival is a difficult thing to do. As Teal rapidly found out, when she tried to slip past Banya Streamdog.
"Teal Wildlough, where do you think your going?" Banya's stern voice stated.
"To my room to get ready for tonight." Teal replied while keeping her head hung low.
"Huh." Banya started. "You weren't by any chance sneaking out, to avoid the Festival?"
"No Marm, I am not sneaking out."
"Did you sneak out?"
Teal sighed. "Yes Marm."
"Hmm, well let's visit your mother. She'll be very displeased by your actions." Banya observed ruefully.
"I know, Banya, Marm." Teal breathed as she followed behind Banya.
----------------- -
Upon entering Tiria's quarters, where she and her family slept, Banya immediately saw Tiria at her desk. "Tiria. I've found the missing daughter of yours."
Tiria looked up at Teal. "Teal, where have you been?"
"I went down to the ocean." Teal answered.
"Thank you for locating her, Banya. I am much appreciative." Teal said to the powerful otter lady. Banya nodded and took her leave.
Turning to Teal, Tiria started. "And what where you doing? Might I ask?"
"Watching the waves." Teal responded. She looked at the ground and hoped that her mother didn't see her bite her lip.
"Watching the waves." Tiria was only barely able to control her voice from the irritation she was feeling towards her daughter. "You tell me you snuck away just to watch the wave."
"Yes Marm."
"You didn't go to meet anyone, like that one young Streamdiver, did you?"
"No Marm, I didn't see an otter, young or old, while I was there."
Tiria sighed. "Okay, but don't wander off, Teal. Do you hear me? Your Father and I did not raise you to be an irresponsible young ottermaid who will waste her life away watching waves. Okay."
"Yes Mum. I won't waste my life watchin' water and pickin' daisies or anything that is irresponsible." Teal stood up straight. She hoped her mother wasn't going to think she was kidding, but her mother would definitely ban her visits to Sand. She nervously watched her mother.
"Okay." Tiria said trying to keep her face square and her voice serious. "But if I see you with even a petal on your tunic. Your in for young miss."
Teal smiled uncertain if her mother was making a joke. When Tiria started laughing. Teal joined in with her laughter.
Banjon wasn't in the room during Teal's lecturing, but he heard the loud mirth of his mother and sister and came to investigate. He gave up when he couldn't make since of the scattered words between their gasps of breath from try to talk while laughing so hard.
Banjon gave up in frustration and left, leaving the mother and daughter laughing even harder.
Leatho was helping Kolun Galedeep carry large benches to the outside lawn for the coming night. They were swept away in the bustle of busy otter paws preparing everything for themselves and the travelers who were expected that evening.
None of them really knew, though, that dark beady eyes were watching them. The spy was hidden well; the beasts would never notice him through their excitement. The spy was scoping the Isle's inhabitants for its master. The fanged one had many plans for them.
Drifting with the wind

cregga rose eyes

I just finished chapters six and seven

Six
It was a merry sight as a large group of mice, squirrels, hares and many others showed up before the Holt's entrance. Tiria was glad to see the Abbess, Girry, her Father, and even Tribsy the mole. After warm welcomes, some beast (a hare) called out for grubs. Everyone rushed to the prepared dining spot. Tiria had Abbess Lycian say grace.
The Abbess gladly obliged:
"Peace sees us on the Isle in the waves,
In this place of cheerful friends,
And smiles on every face,
Thanks I give to every one here,
For the fates that led us to feast together."

The Abbess lifted her head and smiled. "I believe you should ask the Rhulain for the feast to begin. After a loud, happy yell from everyone; Tiria exclaimed. "Let the First of Summer Festival ... Begin!"
Everyone began to eat and talk and laugh. Joy and happiness spread to even the grumpiest of beasts in the crowds.
Mora Skyfurrow was flying on her final round for that day. She was trying to not to miss anything in her rush to finish and go to the feast. Her uncle was probably stuffing his beak, and she wanted to get something before he and the hares ate everything.
She was about to turn and head back to Holt Summerdell when the sight of a dark spot out at sea distracted her. Staring out, she saw barely the silhouette of a ship. She knew that the Purloined Petunia and Fearless Frunk were at anchor at a cove northeast of her near Holt Summerdell. She flew out a bit to get a better view. She went out far enough only to barely read the word Dagger on the black keel. She flew back to the land hoping that none on the vessel had noticed her up high in sky.
-------------- ---------------
Mora slowed down as she neared the Holt. She didn't want to panic anyone. Getting a firm grip on her breathing, she landed near the festivities, and walked towards the Queen's table. After getting Tiria's attention, Mora whispered. "I am thinking we must speak of this later, but I spotted something out at sea. I think you may want Shellhound and few other to be there."
Tiria nodded to Mora, whispering back. "Where do you want to tell us?"
"Your study should work." Mora responded. "I am thinking soon after Festival."
Tiria thanked Mora who went to get some victuals.
Later in the night, a good while after the Festivities had begun Journey was sitting by Shora and her friend named Remolino. The meal was over and many otters had left, but some still remained enjoying the warm air and lively music of a three fiddle playing otters
"So how'd did you end up befriending this mess?" Rem asked Journey.
Journey had already told Rem several times how she had helped Shora pick up the papers that Shora dropped. "She dropped some papers and I helped her pick them up."
Rem giggled as Shora tried to reach over and smack him, knocking over Journey's glass of Strawberry Fizz. Journey jump back in surprise when it splashed on to her, but she ended up falling over on her back because of the bench they where sitting on restricted her movement. Journey picked herself up off the ground, laughing the whole time.
"Smooth going." Rem laughed as Shora grabbed some small paw towels to help Journey get dry.
"I'm sorry Journey." Shora said in embarrassment.
"Its okay. I think I'll live a bit if I'm splashed by fizz." Journey giggled as they all cleaned up the spill. "I should call it a night, anyways. It is really late."
Journey left and headed to her room.

Seven
Leatho sat at a large table with Tiria, Kolun, Banya, Captain Rafe of the Long Patrol, Abbess Lycian, and Mora Skyfurrow.
"Mora, your positive this ship was that of pirates and not that of honest voyagers?" Tiria questioned the goose.
Mora nodded her head, furiously. "I am more than positive this ship was of bad beasts. No one would travel in a black ship with a name like Dagger and be good. I am thinking that would be ridiculous."
Leatho looked at Rafe and Lycian. "Did any of your beasts notice this ship during your travel? There is a possibility it trailed you."
"None of my hare's reported it, sah. But the goose is right, it is vermin. I would not be ah bit surprised if they've been watchin' yore Isle here. Pirates always want ah place like this to build up a port to control other's ships and goods."
Tiria frowned. "Abbess, did any of the Redwallers inform you of  spotting a dark ship."
"I'm afraid none of them mentioned anything of a dark ship." Lycian said. "I do hope it is not pirates or the likes though."
"Should we send out somebeasts on the Fearless Frunk to check." Kolun said. "Perhaps to see who is on the ship. We can talk about what ifs, but I know I'd feel a bit better if we figured out who we're whating about."
Everyone nodded their heads in agreement to Kolun's words.
"Kolun, would you like to pick the crew to check on this vessel?" Tiria asked.
"I wouldn't mind a bit marm." Kolun said.
Rafe looked at Kolun stating. "I'd like it if some of my Long Patrollers joined with your crew."
"If you give me a list of you choices." Kolun said. "I'll mix 'em in with some otters."
"Well it's decided than. Kolun you will take your crew out on the Fearless Frunk at noon tomorrow. Please tell them to keep this to themselves for now." Tiria announced. "We will meet again tomorrow once Kolun returns with news. If it is bad, we will decide our next step."
Everyone agreed with Tiria and left.
Leatho went to his sleeping chamber. Much had happened that day. He fell asleep his mind racing.
He looked down to see water to his waist. He was confused. He saw a raft float towards him. There were two on the raft, a mouse in armor and a strong sea otter lady.
Leatho looked at the otter and stuttered. "Mum."
The otter nodded, the skies seemed to darken. "There is much I would like to say to you, but for now it must be this:
The waves soon grow
As the shadows do at dusk
Their crest will become overwhelming
If a task is not beheld
So take heed, and do thus:

Search for the one whose name they've forgotten
Remembrance for the Castaway whom you know is the key
The rebel child whom you've seen raised can find the first
And heed the words of the crazy one.

For in the end
They'll find a way
But the path you must first make
With the memories of past
For the fanged one
One could slay.

So remember the words I have given.
And know that
You are not the last for
Shellhound do not die easily
!"

The water that Leatho stood in began to darken and waves grew. Leatho tried to reach out to his mother, but the raft was being pushed away.
The mouse warrior looked at Leatho and said. "Protect those of my place."
Leatho was swept away under the raging waters into darkness.
Drifting with the wind

cregga rose eyes

Eight
Teal watched as Kolun lead a group of otters and hares out through a back passage of Holt Summerdell. She wondered where they were going, since this path led to the cove where the two ships were. She smiled from the tree branch she was sitting on, her mother would get so mad if she saw her up in a tree.
The group continued down the path as Teal climbed down the trunk. She wanted to see Sand and tell him about the festival. She had to be a little more careful going to him today, since someone might spot her if they headed back up the trail. She went slowly at first ducking behind bushes every now and then to keep an eye out.
She got to the small beach where Sand lived, it was very close to the cove where the ships and Kolun were. She sat on a small boulder and waited for Sand. She always waited here at this time of day when she was able to visit him.
She saw the sand-colored head poke out of the water a ways out. She waved her paw to get Sand's attention. His head went back beneath the water as he swam towards her. Her emerged at the shoreline and came towards her.
"You trying two days in a row. That's new." Sand said his face crinkled a little in a form of disappointment. "Your bound to get caught even more today. You do realize that. I wouldn't think the Rhulain would be happy if she found out."
"Don't worry." Teal winked. "My Aunt Banya caught me sneakin' back yesterday and I told my Mum that I was watchin' the waves when she asked for what I was doing. She believed me, so I thought to come down and see you again."
Sand shook his head. "Maybe you shouldn't try your luck sometimes."
Teal stuck out tongue out at Sand. "Oh, don't be such a rock in the water, Sand. I should be able to have some fun, every here and there."
"I'm just saying you shouldn't risk losing your mother's trust. That's all." Sand looked out to the sea. "Looks like some of your kin and the long ears are taking a ship out."
"Yeah." Teal replied when she looked up. "I saw them sneak out one of the more secretive exits earlier. Wonder what their up to."
"I saw a ship out earlier while hunting for fish. It was too far out for me to see who it belong to, but it was black and dreary looking, perhaps that where they're going."
"A black ship!" Teal jumped up. "Do you think it could be pirates?"
Sand shook his head. "Maybe, but you won't find out until that ship of your friends return with news. You wouldn't be able to find out on your own."
"Maybe you could." Teal said hopefully. "I bet you could swim out there and see what's goin' on. No one would know your there."
Sand frowned. "Your right no one would know I'm there. You should be lucky I'm as curious as you."
Sand pulled himself to the water. Teal followed him. "Really you're going to do it. Should I wait here for you to get back or?"
"Wait here until midday. If I'm not back yet, head home. The currents might make it hard to swim back so it might take a bit of time."
"Thank you so much." Teal said.
Sand nodded and went into the deeper water and began swimming out.
------------------- -
((more to come for chapter eight))
Drifting with the wind

Shadowed One

Love the story so far! One question, though: Who is Tiria`s husband. It references him several times but never says his name.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

cregga rose eyes

...Eight continued

The bright sun hung at its highest point in the sky. The ocean waves reflected the light. Teal looked out over the sea waiting for Sand. She hoped dearly nothing had happened. She sighed when she stood up and stretched, still watching the far waves for signs of the light furred head of Sand.
Teal turned to head back up to the Holt. Turning around one last time, she saw the seal's head pop up for air. The head disappeared back beneath the water, only to reappear closer.
"Sand." Teal shouted. She waved her paws.
Sand pulled himself up onto the shore. Teal ran up to him t hear what happened.
"Its pirates out there all right." Sand said with disgust. "One of you kin, a large one named Kolun, spoke to them. Told them to leave. The captain of the dark ship, a black weasel, said they would leave. I don't believe her."
"No doubt. Don't trust vermin. That's what my uncle Leatho always says." Teal nodded. "Could you tell the size of her crew?"
"At least two score rats, ferrets and the like. I did see one crow." Sand said. "They seemed nasty enough a crew. I don't trust it."
"Don't trust what." Teal asked.
"I don't think they are the only pirates out there." Sand explained. "I saw the weasel, she called herself Zehrza, she spoke to the crow once your beasts had left. The nasty bird flew out away from the island. There is no land near here. There must be other ships."
"You think there are more pirates." Teal's eyes grew wide with fear. "Should I tell my mum? No I can't."
Sand looked at her. "You should do what you think is best, but for now I think you should head back. You've been gone a long time, your mum or somebeast might've noticed your missing."
Teal looked up at the sun and sighed. "Your right as always Sand. A wise spy. Well good bye. I hope I'll be able to see you soon."
"Good bye Teal." Sand called after Teal who was already jogging towards the path.
Teal threw a paw in a wave and sprinted away, hoping to the bottom of the ocean that no one had noticed her missing.
Nefarious hated geese. Large honking birds. Too much noise they made. She was silent. Her brothers and sister were not as quiet as she. To her pleasure, she was chosen to watch. The planktails* and sailears** were no match to her master. And with her watching; them they would know no better when he struck with his shiny, sharp blade.
Nefarious laughed inside, wanting the day to come when the grand place belonged to her master, the fanged one, with her on a shining gold perch by his throne. The planktails that had left to the sea at the time of Lower Sun were returning. She hardly paid any attention to the planktail that ran up awhile after the others. Nefarious was ready to return to her master to report. The young planktail was out of sight when she lifted away from her perch and headed out to over the water. She was smarter than the land walkers. Even more than the annoying honkers.

*Planktails= otters
**Sailears= hares

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 04, 2013, 02:17:52 PM
Love the story so far! One question, though: Who is Tiria`s husband. It references him several times but never says his name.
He will appear, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. His name is Perch. I decided to create a new character since I couldn't find an original character from High Rhulain who would work.
Also please go here here with your comment or questions.
Drifting with the wind