Across the Sea: Plotting and Discussion (the slow RP)

Started by Osu, April 16, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Title for the RP thread?

Riddles From the Abbey
1 (10%)
Across the Sea
3 (30%)
In Search of Treasure
0 (0%)
Treasure Seekers
0 (0%)
Treasure Hunt
1 (10%)
The Pondering
2 (20%)
Riddles on the Sea
3 (30%)
Seas and Riddles
0 (0%)
Riddles and Sailing
0 (0%)
Treasure on the Sea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 01:47:08 AM

Thomas Barkshield

Sailing and riddles always interest me. :)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwaller

Osu

Great! I suppose we should all pick our characters for now, then. We'll need Redwalllers and Long Patrol hares -- go ahead and post your character's full name, species, age, gender, description, and backstory if you like. I'll update the top post with the profiles for easier access. I'll also try to have mine up later tonight or by this weekend. (=

As for the plot, a few things: where are we starting? At Redwall, Salamandastron, somewhere else? Also, what is the riddle going to be? I'm terrible at rhyming and such, are any of you poets? What are we questing after? A treasure, a person, a thing...?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Thomas Barkshield

I have an Idea! I'm fairly good at riddles (If I have time). So I could make it, explain it to Osu (the GM), Then everyone else could try to figure it out as the story progresses.
Also, how many characters can we have?

Rainshadow

Hmm, I'd guess not too many, but most likely more than 1.  ;)

Would y'all mind if I used a good wildcat?  I do have the tendency to do that.  Use vermin for goodbeasts, lol.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Osu

It might be easier if we all know what the riddle is ahead of time since we'll be in this RP for a while -- also it would help with planning the plot and such, unless you guys prefer a more mysterious plot? ;D

As far as character limits, I suppose we should limit it to two per player since there are both Abbey dwellers and Long Patrollers... that way y'all could play one of each if you wanted. Or two of one. Or just one. Whatever works best for you.

I don't have a problem with a good wildcat. Gingivere and his family were all good, after all. ;)

Rainshadow

Yay!  I've been wanting to use one particular character in an RP, but I haven't found one that I'd be able to stick with that could actually fit one into the story lol.

Ash Wildfire
Name:  Ash Wildfire

Species:  Wildcat

Weapons:  Ash uses a hand and a half sword, usually held in her right paw, (though she mainly uses both paws to swing it).  Also, she has a small dagger, which she holds in her left paw.  It's used on rare occasions, but when it is used, beware!

Appearance:  The wildcat has dark brown fur, with a light brown muzzle, neck, and chest.  Her fur is sleek, not poofy, so she looks rather slim and malnourished.  Her tail is especially thin, and some creatures mistake her as an odd-looking mouse.  They don't do it often.  She has grey-blue eyes, which some say to be the exact same eyes as her father does.  She begs to differ.
 Ash wears a tan tunic and a black belt, with a long, black hooded cloak on top.  On her ears there are two small blue earrings (like studs, with one in each ear), and she has a white, translucent stone necklace.

Personality:  Ash is a quiet creature at times, preferring to work on her own or with a small group of beasts.  But once you get to know her, she's a great beast to hang around.  She has a good sense of humour and enjoys thinking about things.  She is a pretty good fighter, but she doesn't enjoy fighting.  She'll only do it if absolutely necessary.
On an off note, Ash is very good at fishing.

History:  Ash is the daughter of Talon Wildfire, son of Jag and Shadow Wildfire, but she doesn't enjoy the fact that her family is so well known.  She would have run away seasons ago, not wanting to stay under the eyes of those who knew of her lineage and expected great things of her, but she didn't want to be on her own.
 Still, when Ash turned twenty, she left Redwall in search of adventure, as well as someone who'd enjoy her company for reasons other than that she comes from a well-known family.

Other:  Ash hopes that one day she'll find a good wildcat capable of taking care of her, but she's slightly tired of looking for one.  Still, she won't quit looking until she's dead!  Don't worry, though, she won't toss herself at every male wildcat she comes across.  ;)

Her sword looks like this, only the pommel is adorned with a single blood-red garnet:

Her dagger looks like this, only with a black hilt:

Her necklace is like this, only a white stone:
[close]

Now, I'm guessing that we're going to be starting at Salamandastron?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

Zoa Torsorem
Name: Zoa Torsorem(So-A, Tor-SOR-em)
Species: Hare
Weapons: A straight silver knife about seven inches long. This guard and pommel are plain silver as well. The hilt is wrapped in black leather. The only ornamentation on it is the gold wire-thing wrapped around the hilt.
Appearance: Zoa's fur is the average, sandy colour of most hares, but her back is darker, near-black. The black spot starts thin at her shoulders, but widens until it covers both her haunches near her tail. Her belly is a creamy white. Her face is thin and her eyes are bright and have an indescribable gleam to them. Could it be insanity? Her ears are slightly shorter than the average hare. The fur between her eyes is a darker brown that gets darker as it heads toward her ears and eventually melds with the black spot. Her knees and legs are almost always blotchy and bruised from wrestling with other young hares. She has a medium build and is of shorter-than-average height. She wears a blue cloak with a dark red lining over a sea green tunic with a thin belt. The belt is black leather, not unlike her knife hilt, and has a small silver buckle at the front. Hanging off the belt are several bags of food, as she, like most hares, has a gigantic appetite. Her tunic is laced down in the front with the same black leather she's fond of. Behind her ear she sometimes wears a tulip as a sign of respect to her homeland.
Personality: Zoa is a self-diagnosed bipolar creature; at times she's very depressed, and at others she's bouncing off the walls, singing and dancing(both terribly, I might add). She has an excellent sense of humor, that is often morbid and insulting, but very funny. She claims she's an excellent mimic, but has yet to prove it to a large number of beasts. She's rude and ever so slightly stuck up, but she isn't so high and mighty that she won't help anyone who's in need, if they really need help. She likes to think she's bold, and, at her high times, she is. She's intelligent, and is decent at fighting, but definitely not the best. She also enjoys it. She likes flaunting her rather considerable knowledge and can't take embarrassment, not at all. She doesn't mind deceiving others to get what she wants. She abhors lying, and will extract her revenge on anyone lying to her, though when she lies, it's magically all right. Yes, she is a bit of a bully, but, unlike most bullies, doesn't exactly want to be. However, she learned early on that to get what you want and need in life, she would have to shove, and the habit stuck. She's slightly emotionally insecure, and wants more than anything to be different, a cut above the rest. She keeps quiet about her past for the most part, though loves telling other beasts about the tulip hills. She doesn't want to make many friends, for she doesn't want simple friendship to cloud her judgement. She has a deep hatred of dresses and other fancy things, and will burn them if possible. Not joking. She's violent at times, when her anger gets out of hand. She does enjoy cracking jokes, but her humor is usually dark and morbid. She's terrified of spiders, falling, and pain.
History: Zoa was born in the north, where the summers are cold and the winters colder. In the spring, tulips of all colours bloom on the hills, wind waving their orange, purple, yellow, and red heads, creating an ocean of colour. As a dibbun she would run among these flowers, skipping and romping with other young beasts. It was a beautiful and peaceful place. She found a friend in Aticaus(yes, for all you older RPers, that Aticaus). They were even a little more than friends, and planned to have a future together. However, Aticaus Torsorem was banished for helping a vermin before they could settle down together. Rules with vermin were very strict there, and making friends with them was not tolerated. Aticaus left the tulip hills, heading south. Zoa was fated not to see him again, and he would eventually see her grave. Nevertheless, she took his name. She was now Zoa Torsorem. Heartbroken, Zoa wasted away in her home, only doing the necessities, for a season until she realized she should go follow Aticaus. It was too late then, but she didn't know that. She is currently looking for him, she joined Redwall, figuring he would eventually come by the abbey. She left with the treasure hunters, not being able to resist an adventure.

Visual reference

[close]
[close]

Potential Riddle
For treasure, shiny and gold,
This is what's foretold.

Look to the west,
Head to the sea,
The first part of your quest,
Stop by a mountain for tea.

Remember what you're told.

Head out upon the waves,
In what boat, I cannot help,
Straight west, for a ways,
Find an island and one who dresses in kelp.

These actions will unfold.

He will be your guide from here,
Listen closely to his speech,
Watch out for a buccaneer,
Until you step onto the warm beach.

You're halfway there, the danger's twofold.
[close]

Rainshadow

Hehe, I think I'm gonna like how Zoa turns out.  ;)  And I think that riddle's very good!  Though, I'd have to say, shore and tea (the second part of the riddle) do not rhyme.  ;)

W0NWILL

Do'h! Meant to change 'shore' to 'sea'.

Rainshadow

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Redwaller

Hmmm, it seems I have not played a hare before.(not counting McBean, who was a failure) I'll have my character in soon. Probably tomorrow or the day after.

Osu

Riddle looks good to me! I suppose the next question is why we're all going after the treasure and who is giving us the riddle...

I'm still desperately thinking of a character for this. Haha.

Head -- good question. I think I'm going to classify this RP as "attempted canon" -- if it's in the books it's game. Otherwise, I'm sorry!

Before we go much further: Daniel, danflorreguba -- if you guys are still hanging out, are you game for everything that's been decided so far? (No hurry! ;))

Whenever we actually get around to starting the RP thread, do you guys want to post in a specific order (i.e., person A, then person B, then person C, etc.) or just as the story needs certain characters?