Across the Sea: Plotting and Discussion (the slow RP)

Started by Osu, April 16, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Title for the RP thread?

Riddles From the Abbey
1 (10%)
Across the Sea
3 (30%)
In Search of Treasure
0 (0%)
Treasure Seekers
0 (0%)
Treasure Hunt
1 (10%)
The Pondering
2 (20%)
Riddles on the Sea
3 (30%)
Seas and Riddles
0 (0%)
Riddles and Sailing
0 (0%)
Treasure on the Sea
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 01:47:08 AM

Osu

Three characters.

I've been thinking about making a pirate, too.... ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwaller

Dag Downyfur

Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Gonff

I'm not sure if this is really still going but I'd like to see it back up and running (although slowly), so here's Terence's description.

Name: Terence
Species: Otter
Weapons: A slingshot and a short sword given to him by one of the hare's of Salamandastron.
Appearance: A burly, strong otter.
Clothes: Rather plain brown tunic with a little bit of green.
Personality: Rather outgoing, kind, and helpful.
History: He doesn't really remember his parents... He's been living with the hare's at Salamandastron for about as long as he can remember although he is often out on his own away from the fortress for weeks at a time.
Other: Is fairly accurate with a slingshot and a great hand-to-hand fighter.

Also, what's the character limit? Mainly, am I allowed a vermin also?

Edit: Oh, I saw above that it was three. I'll make a vermin up at some point...
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Rainshadow

Ooh, please be a vermin!  There are only two of us pirates right now!  D:
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Osu

Gonff, by all means, post as you'd like! This is moving a lot slower than intended but I'm all up for keeping it real. I'll be coming up with a vermin soon-ish, too, and dropping in... every week or two, at least. Sorry guy! Been super busy with too many things. DX

Blazemane

I've been super-busy, too, but in my ideal world, I'd be keeping up with this game.

...My ideal world better get here fast, too, because it's actually my turn to post. I think I'm holding everyone up...

Sorry about that.

Osu

Oh, it's not just you, Blaze, trust me. XD Perhaps we should all make a pact: to post at least once a year. Yeah, I think I could keep up with that. Haha!

Here's my vermin character, if it meets the ship captain's approval.

Poppy
Name: Poppy
Species: Weasel
Description: Poppy is short, but thin enough to appear lanky, as far as weasels go. At one point her fur was a dark red-ish brown with a creamy stomach, but she doesn't believe in bathing and so her present-day appearance is more of a drab, grungy grayish-brown. One ear is pierced with a large, golden hoop; the other has mostly been torn off. She also has a bone piercing through her nose. She has scars across her knuckles and face. She has a way of smiling a little smile that makes all of her features appear sinister and cruel. Her almond-shaped eyes are green, and upturned slightly at the outer corners.

As for clothing, Poppy goes for the stereotypical pirate look, with tattered silks and garish jewelry. She can typically be seen in what was once a white poet's shirt (now a dark off-white poet's shirt) that has definitely seen better days. Belted over that is a red sash, and below, a dark kilt. She also wears jewelry and/or bangles around her neck and wrists. She carries a long knife with a chipped blade as a weapon in the back of her sash, but her prized possession is a whip, smooth leather and very well made, worn on the side of her hip.

Personality: WIP: Poppy can be described as a homicidal sociopath. She bears little regard for the thoughts and feelings of others, but takes a certain amount of pleasure from causing pain and suffering in others. She's intelligent, but rarely thinks ahead: she's very impulsive and has poor self-control, her usual goal being to gratify whatever desires she has first and then do whatever second. She mostly desires to make the slaves she watches over suffer, and she's very good at it. She also likes killing things. "Take no prisoners" is her favorite order ever.

Backstory: WIP: basically, I see her as being that one vermin that keeps the slaves in line and whips them for no reason and sometimes creeps everybody out with her I'm-probably-going-to-eat-you-alive vibe.
[close]
Because psycho bad guys are the funnest bad guys, hehe. Still a work in progress, I wanted to start getting my idea for her up before I forgot it entirely. She'll be finished.... um, before the end of the year. *cough*

Redwaller

Actually, maybe once a month would be more acceptable? Sorry if I'm holding up everyone. I'll post ASAP.

Osu

That would be acceptable, too. XD Don't feel rushed, though!

Rainshadow

I love that post, Blaze!  :D

Um, just thought about this, we might have a problem.  Our pirate captain, Wonwill, has left the forum, likely not to return for a long while, if ever.  Who's going to replace her?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Osu

Oh. Er. Any volunteers?

Redwaller, Blaze, no hurry! XD

estar222

I'd certainly be interested in joining this. I don't have a HUUUUUGE knowledge of Redwall canon, though, but I am adept with ships. I know more about them than the average rat, at least.

D'you think I'd make it into this RP, people?
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Blazemane

I don't believe you submit any audition post or anything like that, and my guess is that Osu accepts essentially anyone who has an interest in playing.

So just... think up your character(s) and their descriptions in whatever time you'd like to. I'm excited about the idea of another person joining!