News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders VIII

Started by Romsca, June 18, 2013, 07:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romsca

Welcome to the eighth round of Overlord's Orders!

This is my first time being the Overlord, so hopefully you guys can be just a little patient with me ;)

I am still coming up with the theme; I will definitely know what it is, however, by deadline for signups.

Quote from: Overlord's Orders RulesThe Rules
We will have an overlord, who will be all powerful and control the game.
Everyone else will be a servant of theirs to do his or her bidding, which will be a new assignment at the beginning of each round.
The game begins by the Overlord summoning everyone before them and questioning them about whether they got the thing they wanted.

Let’s say the Overlord might have wanted a jeep to use.

Example Round:
Stage 1: Who failed?
The Overlord would question one person of everyone in the game (this would be random selection) and ask them why they failed to bring them the thing they wanted (which will invariable happen, no one ever succeeds).
Stage 2: Defenses
That person can then blame their failure on some random thing (like maybe an elephant destroying the jeep) or someone else in the game; anything to shrug themselves off from the immediate blame placed on them.
Pretty much everything goes at this point, following a rough outline of what happened based on the First Accused, who as stated before will be decided by the Overlord at the beginning of the round.
Everyone can blame someone, themselves, keep silent, or introduce some sort of new feature that happened while acquiring the item (in this case, a jeep). Eventually, the Overlord will process the information and decide who failed, or might just get tired of the arguing and randomly select someone at random.
Stage 3: Fault is fixed
The person chosen to have failed by the Overlord is then thrown out, vaporized, or something creative, by the Overlord’s orders. The idea is to not be this person, and to survive as long as possible.

Likely, the Overlord will be choosing the best defenses as survivors.

Inter-game rules: The winner of any round is given hostship of the next game. This can tie in with them going from servant to overlord, or it can be original.

General Guidelines:
Free roleplaying, or game spam, is fine. This means having yourself eat a banana, talk about the weather or river dance.

Whenever someone says something, it becomes fact. It is what happened. If someone says an elephant destroyed a jeep, then anyone calling that person a liar is for certain lying; the jeep was destroyed by an elephant. What's up for telling for someone else is, for example, who set the elephant on the jeep.

Godmoding pertaining to persons should be restricted to some extent, just try to keep things with at least a hand in plausibility. Powerplaying is allowed. However, it cannot affect players between tasks. For instance, you cannot have a servants contract a disease and be unable to speak, or even die. You can have them be sick during the task, but you cannot impede them during the Sessions before the Overlord.

Normally, the Gamemaster will have technology restricting servants to a base during the game to prevent physically roleplaying and keep the game focused on its purpose. Overlords can powerplay.
Also, you cannot use an excuse like being brainwashed or cloned during the task. You are you-and you are responsible for what you did wrong. Everyone is a failure in this game.
Remember to keep things civil, stay inside the board rules, keep all hands and legs inside the game until it comes to a complete stop.

If this is your first time playing Overlord's Orders, it would be helpful if you read one of the previous rounds, to get a better feel of how things work. Here are links to the previous rounds:

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Special Holiday Round 2012
Round 7

The deadline for signups is June 22, 12:00 AM (same time as Redwallabbey.com, which I am guessing is British time)

Who's signed up so far:

1. Tam (and Martin)
2. Psybox
3. Redwaller
4. Rainshadow
5. Leatho Shellhound
6. DanielofRedwall
7. rusvulthesaber
8. PluggFiretail
9. rachel25
10. HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Tam and Martin

1. Tam (and Martin)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

psybox

1. Tam (and Martin)
2. Psybox

Redwaller

1. Tam (and Martin)
2. Psybox
3. Redwaller

I think I'll try a round again. The Holiday Special was quite cool. So I'll try to play it again. (I have more time now, and the last one I found confusing)

Rainshadow

1. Tam (and Martin)
2. Psybox
3. Redwaller
4. Rainshadow

I haven't tried one yet, but it looks fun!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Hee hee I'm second-in-command.

@Rain and others, It is a lot of fun!

I'm in for sure.

1. Tam (and Martin)
2. Psybox
3. Redwaller
4. Rainshadow
5. Leatho Shellhound
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

How will you affect the next round Leatho?

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tam and Martin on June 19, 2013, 12:13:24 AM
How will you affect the next round Leatho?

No idea, I will most likely just play in the normal way unless Romsca needs help running it.

click the banner

DanielofRedwall

1. Tam (And Martin)
2. Psybox
3. Redwaller
4. Rainshadow
5. Leatho Shellhound
6. DanielofRedwall
Received mostly negative reviews.

Romsca

@Leatho: Yes, if I need help, it would make most sense for you to help me! ;)

Rusvul

Can I join? Am I too late? If not,

1. Tam (and Martin)
2. Psybox
3. Redwaller
4. Rainshadow
5. Leatho Shellhound
6. DanielofRedwall
7. rusvulthesaber

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on June 19, 2013, 02:57:10 AM
Can I join? Am I too late? If not,

Sure thing! You  are right on time.  :D

@Romsca

Well my help is given, if you are ever in need of it.

click the banner

Romsca

Kitsune

I'd love to join!
1. Tam (and Martin)
2. Psybox
3. Redwaller
4. Rainshadow
5. Leatho Shellhound
6. DanielofRedwall
7. rusvulthesaber