News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Tribute

Started by Wylder Treejumper, April 02, 2014, 01:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

I am writing a tribute to Brian Jacques! It will be a full length Redwall book set about a score of seasons after Taggerung.

Enjoy!

NO POSTING HERE PLEASE!

Post on the commen thread http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=6010.0
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Wylder Treejumper

Prologue

Oh, my! It has been almost a score of seasons since Cregga appointed me Abbess! It makes a beast feel old. Oh, so much has happened since though! My little brother Deyna has married! It was... oh dear, more than ten seasons ago! He married a slender little thing, ver appropriately named Reed, from an otter crew to the North of us. They met when she came to visit her uncle... Skipper! I, and probably most of the Abbey too, knew they were meant for each other the first time they looked, and looked, and looked into each others' eyes. They married after just less than half a season, and Deyna moved up North with her. They visit every few seasons, including last autumn. They have an beautiful little daughter scarce seven seasons old named Filorn, after our mum.  They seem very happy living in the North, but as for me, nothing could persuade me to leave my Abbey. I have far too much work to do!
   On a sad note, Hoarg the gatekeeper passed away a few seasons ago. Drogg has grown so old and grey that he can no longer care for his cellars! He has left Sister Alkanet in charge for now, but to preserve everyone from violet cordials, teas, and every other drink she can imagine up, he is training Durby to be Cellarmole. The sister is older but sprightly as ever, and she is training a novice as well. Egburt and Floburt, our former Infirmary Keepers, have left to go and care for their Great Aunt down South. For company, they took that gluttonous hare Boorab, though he very nearly cleaned out the kitchens into haversacks before he was willing to leave.
   "Always be over prepared when it comes to scoff, wot!" is what he said when I remarked that he was taking enough food to feed the abbey for a season. So, as our new Infirmary Keeper, Sister Alkanet selected Sister Merril. I would guess it is because Sister Merril likes those abominable violet drinks she serves up! However, she is becoming quite the Infirmary Keeper, despite inheriting Sister Alkanet's taste in physicks and her famous frosty glare.
   Well, so much for reminiscing, the first day of summer is only three days away, and I have a feast to plan! It will have a dozen types of fresh breads, from crusty nutbreads to rich fruitloaf, four kinds of cheeses, a Summer Season Triple Trifle, six flavors of flans, pastoes, tarts, cakes, scones, muffins, and of course drinks from the cellars like cordials, teas, ales... Oh, I do believe that is Friar Broggle knocking on the door now! I beg your pardon, I must excuse myself...
Extract from the writings of Mhera,
Abbes of Redwall

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Very nicely written; this shows promise!

Er, do you want us to post our thoughts here, or on a separate thread?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Oh. I'll make the comment thread... now!
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington