News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Dawn of Responsibility OOC: discussion

Started by Dannflower Reguba, April 20, 2014, 05:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So..... What do you think? (the higher the number the better)

7 (46.7%)
1 (6.7%)
4 (26.7%)
0 (0%)
1 (6.7%)
2 (13.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Blazemane

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on April 22, 2014, 01:39:42 AM
If I may make a suggestion? By the way, Im sooo joining this, but first, my question.

Could there be some kind of Ambassador that has control over natural metals, or would that be with the Strength guy?

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 22, 2014, 02:06:44 AM
    I was thinking about metals, but I need something not already covered by the other abilities that combines with metal in a way that represents a trait.

I was thinking--what if metal was associated with endurance and invulnerability? Suppose there was an Ambassador who could just keep taking the hits/could survive for extended periods without oxygen/could keep running marathons. Maybe you were already thinking of those being underneath "strength?"

Dannflower Reguba

Traits such as you describe are passive abilities, and are the kind of thing that is inspired in those deeply touched or affected by the Ambassadors. What I'm looking for in the Ambassador's themselves are more elemental traits. (Such as wind or fire).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

W0NWILL

Ooh, I don't have another power for metal, but I do have a couple ideas for other things! Told you I'd think!

A thingy relating to airwaves and such. Sound and pressure manipulation.

Weather and temperature manipulation. Weather would overlap into water, wind, and a bit of ice, but they would probably only be able to condense clouds and wait for it to rain, not actually go all the way to the water itself.

Typing this up, I realized that glass just might go with metal, but then again, probably not.

Dannflower Reguba

I've thought of sound, which I've decided to omit for reasons that I'm not going to specify at this time. Weather is too general, and is covered by Lightning, water, and wind. Glass would be filed under ice as well, as it's a reflective and often viewed as fragile type of material/surface.

Anyone have character (non-Ambassador's for this topic) forms yet?

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

I'll be making one soon, but probably not today.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Rainshadow

Sorry for the double post, but I made a character.

Serpo Raturos
Name:  Serpo Raturos

Species:  Fox

Age:  Not many have laid their eyes on him long enough to determine his age, but it is presumed that he's somewhere between 18 and 30.

Affiliation:  The winning side.

Appearance:  Serpo is tall and lithe, his fur silver, but with black ears, paws, and tail.  His eyes are amber, and are said to be quite appealing to vixen.  Those who have seen his face would call him handsome, and when not in his "work uniform", maidens do tend to swoon slightly around him.
 When he's working a job, the tod can be found wearing mostly black leather, including a tunic, boots, and a hood with a veil covering all but his eyes.  His trousers and arm bracers, however, are a faded dark brown.  A brown quiver of a similar shade is fastened to his back, lockpicking tools are in his belt and pockets, and several small weapons can be found all over his body.
 When not working, Serpo is sporting a white shirt that does almost nothing to cover his chest, a green sash around his waist, black leather trousers and boots, black gloves, and a gold military jacket.  A sleek, steel scimitar is sheathed by his hip, in case of trouble.

Weapon:  When he's burgling or assassinating anybeast, Serpo uses a large variety of weapons, including throwing knives, darts, a bow and arrows, and throwing stars, but when off duty, he carries only a scimitar and a knife tucked into his boot.

Personality:  Stealthy, intelligent, and sly, Serpo Raturos seems to be just your normal fox.  But that doesn't even begin to describe this thief.  He's cocky, smooth, flirty, and outgoing.  So, pretty much, a stereotypical twenty-something male.  He loves himself and he loves money, and is willing to do almost anything to get it.  But he knows when to stop trying (most of the time), and is careful when it comes to picking sides.  Although he hates to admit it, he does know that even if one side pays you better, that doesn't mean that you'll come out of the job alive.

Other:  If you have money, the tod will listen to your request.  No money, no contract.  But if he's in a good mood, he won't kill you for wasting his time.

Physical appearance
[close]
Burglar/assassin garb
[close]
Everyday clothes
 (Just imagine his jacket as being gold.  ;))

[close]
Scimitar
[close]
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

Looking good, but do you mind changing up the appearance a bit? Maybe add a little more color or lighten the shade a bit. My reasoning for this will become apparent later on.

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 24, 2014, 03:14:32 AM
     Looking good, but do you mind changing up the appearance a bit? Maybe add a little more color or lighten the shade a bit. My reasoning for this will become apparent later on.

Okay, is that better?  (Changed his fur to be black and white, gave some brown in his "work clothes", and made his everyday jacket gold.)

Cornflower MM

Name:Arya Brushtail

Species:Squirrel.

Affiliation:Good.

Appearance:Nut brown all over, with green eyes. She wears a brown tunic, belted with a plaited, un-dyed, rope. She has fawn brown boots.

Weapon: A bow and arrows both bow and quiver slung over her back, a hand-and-a-half sword, belted at her waist, a dagger, which is tucked into her left boot.

Personality:Sweet, kind, sassy, and stubborn. Also feisty, and isn't afraid to take the lead, even though some say that she's all too quick to do so. Alkso a bit motherly at times.

Other:N/A

I WILL finish this one tomorrow! I promise! Or I might finish Arya's later today, if I have spare time. Don't get your hopes up, though.

Dannflower Reguba

Um, Corn? Ambassador applications are for PM's only, I don't want anyone knowing who they are until the RP starts. Please remove the app from your post ASAP.

Dannflower Reguba

BUMP*

Is there still interest in this? I need quite a few characters to get this rolling so if you think someone you know would be interested then any advertisement would be appreciated.  ;)

I still need a Strength Ambassador!

Cornflower MM

Oh, geez! I forgot about her sheet! I'll do it RIGHT AWAY!

Cornflower MM

Dannflower Reguba

I'm not getting enough applicants. We've only got one accepted non-Ambassador character, and are missing one Ambassador.

The Mask

Ah mae join,just want tae know how experienced Ah'll have tae be.
Thankee kindly zurr
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock