News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia III

Started by Cornflower MM, August 11, 2015, 05:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you having fun?

Yes
6 (40%)
No
2 (13.3%)
I'm kinda dead. . . .
2 (13.3%)
I'm a bit dead at the moment, but I'm still having fun!
2 (13.3%)
This is fun to watch
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Cornflower MM

Mafia III is here!
Previous round
Rules:
Quote from: Rainshadow on June 08, 2015, 12:20:30 AM

Mafia is a game that is all about discovering who the murderers - the Mafia - are.  This game is played in two different settings:  Day and night.  During the night portion of the game, the players with certain roles (listed below) are to use their special abilities to either murder someone, heal someone, or attempt to discover who the Mafia are.  During the day portion of the game, the living characters determine amongst themselves who the Mafia might be, and together they kill one player.  This cycle continues until either the Mafia are dead or there are an equal or greater amount of Mafia than there are non-Mafia.

There are many different ways to play Mafia, with many different roles to play.  For this round, I will be selecting five playable roles:

Civilian:  They have no special abilities, and thus do nothing at night, but they can still vote for who to kill during the day.

Mafia:  They are able to assassinate one player every night by (if there is only one Mafia) PMing the name of their victim to the Narrator (Rainshadow).  If there are more than one Mafia, then the whole group must come to a collective decision via PM before messaging the Narrator.  During the day, the Mafia may vote for who to kill along with the other players.

Medic:  They are able to heal one player (including themselves) every night, meaning that if the Mafia kills someone on the same night that the Medic heals them, the victim doesn't die.  They heal a player by PMing their target's name to the Narrator.  During the day, the Medic may vote for who to kill like all the other players.

Detective:  They are able to investigate one player every night, PMing the name of the player they're investigating to the Narrator.  The Narrator then will tell them if that player is Mafia or not.  During the day, the Detective my vote for who to kill along with all other players.

Cupid:  The Cupid has a one-use only ability, which is to be used during the first night session.  Their power is the ability to make two players unknowingly "fall in love", meaning that if one dies, the other does as well.  The Cupid PMs their choice of two players to the Narrator.  The Cupid, just like all other players, can vote for who to kill during the day session.
PLEASE NOTE!:

1: This will be a silent round. ;)
2: Sign-ups will be open until August 15th
3: Post your vote of whom to kill in bold.
4: You may change your vote.
5: I will have ONE clue per story, unless otherwise stated. They might be obvious, they might be subtle, but try not to read too much into the story.

PLAYERS:
Skyblade the Sweet
Soren the Happy
Gonff the Energetic Taken away Day One
Jet the Creative Saved by Medic Night Two
Cap'n Rocky the Enthusiastic Killed by Mafia Round One, Night One. Part of Cupid Couple.
Eul the Bouncy Killed by Mafia, Round One, Night One. Part of Cupid Couple.
Rrrrr the Levelheaded
Mhera the Kind Killed by vote Day. . . three, I think.
Del the Crazy
Ash the Nice Killed by Mafia Night Three? I think? Maybe? I don't even know more anymore.
Sandy the Knowledgeable Killed by vote Day Two

Skyblade

Are you sure you want a silent round? Since this is your game, it's totally your choice :) Just warning you that it makes it harder for the Town.

And IN!!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Skyblade on August 11, 2015, 05:47:40 PM
Are you sure you want a silent round? Since this is your game, it's totally your choice :) Just warning you that it makes it harder for the Town.

And IN!!

Yeah, I know. I thought it would be more interesting. :P

Gonff the Mousethief

I will join for my fourth round!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Aww, my title is so nice, Corny! <3

Ok. It's your choice :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Cornflower MM

I'm glad you like it. ;)

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on August 11, 2015, 05:52:50 PM
I will join for my fourth round!

Yay, three players already!

EDIT: Hi, James.

Jetthebinturong

May as well go again. Not many interesting things going on in my life. Should be writing but procrastination is my middle name. Honestly, the looks I get when I fill in papers.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

I know the feeling. *Sigh* Procrastination is too dang tempting!

CaptainRocktree

Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Mhera

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.