"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Triangular Trivia

Started by James Gryphon, November 01, 2015, 12:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banya

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 10, 2015, 02:01:57 AM
@Banya: B: Draw is correct.

Moving on to question #5, for 15 points. You now have all of your lifelines back. According to the rules, it'll be a long time until you get more, so be careful.

Which of these story concepts was not written by Roald Dahl (possible spoilers)?
A: Anthropomorphized animals build underground city
B: Schoolgirl frightens headmistress with telekinesis
C: Boy and friends are trapped in a futuristic house
D: Story-writing computer puts authors out of business
To the previous question, B was my best guess, but it didn't hurt to use a lifeline.
To this question, A is Fantastic Mr. Fox and B is Matilda.  I don't know the other two, so I'm going to guess C, because it just doesn't sound right.

James Gryphon

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to y'all. All of your answers were correct. @Banya: The described plot in Answer C actually came from "Danny Dunn and the Automatic House".

Jewel Thief:
First question, 1 point.
In the book "The Rescuers", which of these items did the mouse Nils not possess?
A: A domino
B: A cutlass
C: A cudgel
D: A folding corkscrew

Vilu Daskar:
Question #4, for 10 points.
In the fictional book "Boring Stories", who drank a glass of water?
A: The King
B: The Prince
C: The Princess
D: The Queen

Sagetip:
Question #2, for 3 points.
Which of these EU "Young Jedi Knights" was the first to finish their lightsaber?
A: Jaina Solo
B: Jacen Solo
C: Lowbacca
D: Tenel Ka

Banya:
Question #6, for 21 points.
Members of my family have had all of these pets. Which of these have I never referred to our having until now?
A: Shrimp
B: A turtle
C: A cockatiel
D: Algae eaters
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Going for a lifeline.

A and B.

(if I get this wrong, just restart me anyway)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Vilu Daskar

I'll use lifeline three if I'm not too late.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

James Gryphon

@Vilu:
Which of these computers was fictional?
A: Binac
B: Eniac
C: Multivac
D: Univac

@Sage: The results to your guess will be... right after these messages! (I need to skim the book.)

After some deliberation (the answer was not as clear-cut as I had seemed to remember it might be), I'm adjudging A: Jaina Solo to be the most probable and thus correct answer. This is a bit of a fudge; I guess next time I'll have to make sure I research my questions more carefully.

Question #3, for 6 points.
Which of these craft, besides the X-Wing, was available in the Rebellion's historical training simulator to fly in the Death Star Trench Run? (According to the classic EU game X-Wing.)
A: A-Wing
B: B-Wing
C: Y-Wing
D: Z-95
« Subject to editing »

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

James Gryphon

@Vilu: I'm sorry, that's incorrect. ENIAC was built during the mid-40s. The correct answer is Multivac, which appeared in Isaac Asimov's works.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

Quote from: James Gryphon on November 16, 2015, 04:23:44 PM
@Vilu:
Which of these computers was fictional?
A: Binac
B: Eniac
C: Multivac
D: Univac

@Sage: The results to your guess will be... right after these messages! (I need to skim the book.)

After some deliberation (the answer was not as clear-cut as I had seemed to remember it might be), I'm adjudging A: Jaina Solo to be the most probable and thus correct answer. This is a bit of a fudge; I guess next time I'll have to make sure I research my questions more carefully.

Question #3, for 6 points.
Which of these craft, besides the X-Wing, was available in the Rebellion's historical training simulator to fly in the Death Star Trench Run? (According to the classic EU game X-Wing.)
A: A-Wing
B: B-Wing
C: Y-Wing
D: Z-95
Well, the A-Wing was in a developmental stage at the time, as was the B-wing (Although that my have not been conceived of yet) and the Z-95 Headhunter, while employed by the Rebellion, was replaced by the more versatile X-Wing. Henceforth, the Y-Wing, as it was, canonically, the only other space superioirity fighter to take part in the Death Star assualt.

Vilu Daskar

Hickory

Blaggut

I'll play if a spot opens :3
~Just a soft space boi~

Dotti Dillworthy

This thread needs to be revived, for more knowledge.