Crossed Swords Plotting: Round 2 (For BloodSpine crew and Swords of Freedom)

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 15, 2013, 04:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Round 2 will bring us to interaction between the crew of the BloodSpine and the Swords of Freedom.

Round 2 will begin after round 1 had been judged so you have about a week to work on this part of the plot.

Please discuss the following together:

How, by whom, and when will the BloodSpine be spotted by the Swords?

What will happen with the Swords because of this spotting? (Tim will call everyone to action but what course should we take?)

Will the BloodSpine anchor off shore and send in boats with the crew? Will the BloodSpine stay out to sea a ways and let the Swords come to them? (This may be decided by whether we choose to bring the ballista into play earlier or later)

How do we want interaction between the two groups to happen for round 2? No fighting is allowed in Round 2, that will happen in Round 3.

Ok, start the discussion!

Icefire

Well, Xbalantie knows the ship is there and is planning on informing Timballisto. The question is do we believe her at first or wait until we all can identify the ship ourselves?
Maybe the more cautious/protective/etc. characters (Liv, Marcus, Sora, etc.) are willing to believe her or at the very least look into it further while the younger less experienced characters (Spera, Nevfae, Frost, etc.) think she's just trying to crash the party or something like that?
When does round 2 start? Are we still going 'til the 22nd with round 1?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

BrookSkimmer

@Icefire: Good question! I added the answer to the first post I made. It's an important bit of info so I made it big for people not to miss it.  ;D

Oh,  and I just read Danflorreguba's last post so some of the questions for the top post have been answered. That's fine as it will take a little posting to get the Swords ready for action once Tim sees the sails for himself.

Dannflower Reguba

Humph, no one EVER believes the squirrel!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Really liking how this is going, and dealing with disbelieving beasts should prove quite interesting.  :)

...... After reading like, 5 different posts about how, who ,blah blah blah, we find out about the vermin, I'm REALLY starting to feel kind of sheepish... I thought we had already made that decision!  :-[
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

Don't feel like a sheep Danflorreguba :D :D

It's all good and it was time to move the plot along anyway! Yep, it's all good.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on March 15, 2013, 06:14:48 PM
Don't feel like a sheep Danflorreguba :D :D

It's all good and it was time to more the plot along anyway! Yep, it's all good.

That first part was SO something that my dad would say!  :D (Or myself if I thought about it).

btw, you spelled move "more."  ;D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Icefire

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 15, 2013, 05:49:49 PM
Humph, no one EVER believes the squirrel!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Really liking how this is going, and dealing with disbelieving beasts should prove quite interesting.  :)

...... After reading like, 5 different posts about how, who ,blah blah blah, we find out about the vermin, I'm REALLY starting to feel kind of sheepish... I thought we had already made that decision!  :-[
I kind of thought we had, too, but several minor things I thought were happening have already changed. I kind of like the changes, though, confused as I get.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Kitsune

I think with all the indecision the ship would eventually just crash on the rocks. The pirates could then make camp, then send scouts out to find where they wrecked, and find the caves. Thoughts?

Romsca

BrookSkimmer

Visefang is not the kind of captain that will let his ship just crash on the rocks. It's a good idea but it won't work with the personality of the captain.

The only way it would crash on the rocks is if the storm got so out of control that even under Visefang's leadership, it floundered onto rocks.

BloodGullet

I agree that the ship should put into the cove since it gives more opportunity to have a story line about beasts leaving for supply/raiding parties, etc. and perhaps the swords can plot to double back and try to take over the ship, or hit it with the ballistas and set it on fire or something ...

speaking of ...

oh, and I found another image that reminds me of the action so far:

now if we do that, it may not have to be a nearby cove, or it can be ... up to you all.
When ye hear me muzzle lock, say yer prayers, ye bilgerat!

Mattio

the cove I explained was the swords. so we could get close then they spot us and hide and when we get on the beach they ambush us.

BloodGullet

sounds good to me too - that way the swords can use the ballistas to force the crew off the ship if they want to do that.   BTW, wasn't somebody going to do some artwork for the BloodSpine's flag?  it would be great to see it before she sank!   :D

Kitsune

You can go to the Fan Artwork page and ask one of the artists there. Please don't ask me, though, because I'm pretty busy with the tournament.

Great idea, Mattio! My character would like to see and end to the arguing and more steering and such, so if you posted that idea my character would probably follow it.

BloodGullet

Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 16, 2013, 12:55:30 AM
You can go to the Fan Artwork page and ask one of the artists there. Please don't ask me, though, because I'm pretty busy with the tournament.

the reason I bring that up is that I thought DanielofRedwall asked someone on our crew if they could do that and I thought someone posted that they would - I'll dig back in the posts, but I just thought is was a great idea and didn't want it to be forgotten.  I wouldn't go outside of the RP to ask, it just seems better to keep it inside for now.