Kind of
1 (7.1%)
Know some of the plays but I wouldn't call myself a fan
5 (35.7%)
ARE YOU KIDDING? I love Shakespeare!
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

rachel25

So, I'm sure you've all heard of Shakespeare but are any of you Shakespeare fans?

Lady Ashenwyte

I have a book of some of his plays, but I've misplaced it. I'll see if I can get it soon.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

rachel25

I'd never read them. That's like reading a screen play, (which they are) they were written to be performed.
I've based my entire Final Major project on Shakespeare works and I've been going to the Cinema to watch loads of RSC live streams.

Dotti Dillworthy

I have read one full play: Romeo and Juliet. The rest of his plays are for future curiosity's sake.

rachel25

You should try watching some of them. Its not hard to find any. There all so good! But Romeo and Juilet is probably my least favourite. They just annoy me.  :P

Banya

Romeo and Juliet is the one everyone seems to have read, but I never did.  I couldn't get through it.  I should do a count to determine exactly how many of his works I've read or seen performed and how many I have to read yet.  I hope to read all of his tragedies; I prefer them over his comedies, and while he has his critics, I find his writing brilliant.  Macbeth is my favourite work of his, followed by Hamlet.

Even more than his plays (except Macbeth), I enjoy Shakepeare's sonnets.  Most are numbered, not named, so I will have to go back and find the exact numbers of my favourites at another time.

rachel25

I bought and watched a live performance of Macbeth on the RSC website. It was very good but I really want to see the film.
My favourite Shakespeare is probably Henry V. I just love that one and have seen a couple of different versions. I also really like Much ado about nothing. It was one of the first Shakespeares I watched and is special to me.

MeadowR

I've seen an amateur production of King Lear... I think it was in a car park! ;D It was stripped back to modern clothing and not many props. I don't recall going to any other performances, but I mean to some day!

I've seen a few films of - and inspired by - Shakespeare, and being a history fan, the period he lived in interests me, etc. Did a bit on Macbeth and Romeo & Juliet at school, although we never read through the whole thing.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

rachel25

What would you say is your favorite play?

Blaggut

I read 'A comedy of errors' and Othello in translation and saw four plays. Pretty sweggy m8
~Just a soft space boi~

rachel25

I saw Othello in a live stream but haven't seen a comedy of errors.
My ultimate dream at the moment is to see a Shakespeare live on the stage, and actually be in the theatre rather than the cinema. Fortunately, after I've done my exams this May I am entitled to a treat of my choosing. My brother for his went paintballing, my sister got tickets to a Supernatural con acon and I will probably choose a Shakespeare.  ;D I probably won't get to go to London, I'll more likely go to Stratford-upon-Avon and see what's on. So excited for May for so many reasons!