The person below me

Started by The Lady Shael, June 22, 2011, 10:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

True. We only bought a TV a few months ago to plug our laptop into and watch shows online.

TPBM likes cheeseburgers.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Skarzs on August 15, 2014, 10:52:22 PM
No; mind telling about it? :-\

Police brutality in the short hand. In the long hand, cops unlawfully killed a man and are shooting rubber bullets at protestors, attacking people for no reason, banning the media, acting racist, teargassing people etc. etc.

No

TPBM has read/is reading/is planning on reading Here, There be Dragons by James A. Owen

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 15, 2014, 11:08:05 PM
Quote from: The Skarzs on August 15, 2014, 10:52:22 PM
No; mind telling about it? :-\

Police brutality in the short hand. In the long hand, cops unlawfully killed a man and are shooting rubber bullets at protestors, attacking people for no reason, banning the media, acting racist, teargassing people etc. etc.
Um, did you know that the protesters looted stores, vandalized, and threw Molotov cocktails and rocks at the police? Also, although the officer didn't know it, the teen who was shot was a robbery suspect. I'm not on either side simply 'cause I'm not sure what to think, but one ought to hear both sides of the whole fiasco.

No.

TPBM spends a lot of time on the internet.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

James Gryphon

True.

I don't know who was initially to blame, but the way these protesters have conducted themselves doesn't tell me "the police force was in the wrong". Whatever crimes might have been committed by the police, that's no reason to destroy the property of people who had absolutely nothing to do with any of it.

I think there's a lot of blame to heaped on both sides, but on the balance, I'm more against the 'protesters' right now, just because they seemed more interested in causing mayhem than getting the point they allegedly want to make across.

But I guess wherever you go, there's always going to be a percentage of people that are looking for an excuse to riot. Like in Canada; there's those guys that tear up their city every time their team loses -- or wins, or does much of anything.

Anyway.

The person below me didn't come here to read a political rant.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Actually I did

The police don't care if they're breaking the law or not, have you seen the video where the man is just walking along and a cop comes and throws him on the ground for no reason? They teargassed a group of teens who were just standing there holding up a sign in THEIR OWN GARDEN. They also gassed their senator

TPBM had not heard of this before now
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

In fact, I have not.

TPBM has no opinion on mind-stabbing.

James Gryphon

Not really, no. Honestly, to me it sounds rather silly. ;)

The person below me is a member of the forum.
« Subject to editing »

Rusvul

Mind-stabbing is awesome. You technically don't actually stab them in the mind, but you mess with their brain's inputs to make them feel debilitating pain, so that they can't do much of anything. Effective.

And no, in fact, I am not.

TPBM is not a psion, psionicist, psychokineticist, pyrokineticist, or psychotic.

BadgerLordFiredrake

True.  I don't even have a TV.

The person below me has a Windows 7 computer.
baby turtle forever

Jukka the Sling

I think you missed the next page...

But, true. Well, it's not mine in particular, it's my family's.

TPBM has spent way too much time on the forum today.

James Gryphon

As usual.

The person below me doesn't type out "the person below me" every time they post here.
« Subject to editing »

Jukka the Sling

True.

TPBM enjoys playing Angry Birds.

Rusvul

Noooooo... I'm a PC gamer through and through, my opinion on 90% of mobile games is very low indeed.

TPBM doesn't like Windows 8.

Jukka the Sling

Can't say, as I've never used it.

TPBM loves Chinese food.

Lagg

Actually on the contrary! So hahar

TPBM is afraid of heights!