News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall TV series

Started by Firewall978, November 13, 2011, 01:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like the TV series to continue?

YES!
Restart the series with better animation
No
There was a Redwall TV series????!!!!!!

LordTBT

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 23, 2013, 10:32:17 PM

Yep, he "liked" it so much that he butchered it into an ill-fitting mess.  ::)

Again, subjective. You're in the minority here, as Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 95% for critics, and 91% fresh for audiences.

No it's not, it's a fact. Making money does not equal being a good movie - there are huge numbers of utter drivel movies that make lots of money.

Making money doesn't even equal it being a popular movie - these days there are far too many people awho will go and watch any old garbage at the cinema simply because they haven't got enough brains to think of anything else to do on a Friday / Saturday night. Often they'll come out complaining about what rubbish it was, only to go and see it again the following Friday / Saturday night with a different group of friends.   ::)

Well you certainly like to complain about what you deem to be rubbish too ;) And no, making money is a sign of popularity, however making money does not mean that it was an overall good movie. It means audiences were interested in seeing it, which means it was popular. At any rate, we can find out what audiences think using Rotten Tomatoes nowadays.

All of JJ Abrams shows and movies are over-hyped garbage that end up making very little sense - Lost being the "best" example. The biggest problem is that he doesn't actually do anything. If you look at the huge list of things he's supposedly working on at the same time, you realise that all he does is rubber-stamp his name on other people's work, and the inconsistency of that approach is very evident.

And yet you keep watching his work, which allows him to line his pockets just a bit more. No one is forcing you to watch his productions. So don't. You've clearly made your mind up on him, so do you just keep watching his stuff to complain?

The very last thing Star Wars needs is some over-egoed, big name idiot who thinks he knows better than George Lucas what "Star Wars" should be, and butchers it into a barely recognisable, ill-fitting mess.  :(

So you would have preferred a new SW film to be directed by a complete and total unknown? George Lucas wasn't very good at deciding what SW should be himself, The Phantom Menace is universally mocked, as are most of the new trilogy. His dialogue-writing skills are poor. JJ Abrams was personally sought out. If you're so concerned, just don't watch the movie. You don't have to.

Shadowed One

Wow, those are good points. And about SW, I COMPLETELY agree about Episode 1 being the worst.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: LordTBT on June 24, 2013, 01:13:32 AM
Again, subjective.

No it's not - it's a fact. There are lots of idiotic ill-fitting changes ... that's why it's called a "reboot". Anyone who claims there aren't any changes is either blind, stupid, or simply never seen real Star Trek.

Quote... making money does not mean that it was an overall good movie. It means audiences were interested in seeing it, which means it was popular.

Nope, that doesn't work, because as I said far too many people will go and see any old garbage in the cinema simple because that's what they do on Friday / Saturday night. Whether they like it or not isn't part of the decision process - they simply go into the cinema to see whatever is playing. Often they're so drunk they don't even know what they've just seen anyway.

Then there's all the people who actually want to see an over-hyped movie, and walking out (either at the end or half-way through) complaining about what garbage it was.

Making money / box office number simply means someone paid to see it - it doesn't even remotely prove they actually liked it or that it's a quality movie. Most "blockbusters" are over-hyped garbage designed to make a quick buck.

QuoteAnd yet you keep watching his work, ...

I certainly don't pay to watch any of it (at least not directly - TV adverts of course pay for it). I've given up on every show of his that I've attempted to watch because they quickly turned into a confused mess that made no sense even within it's own franchise, let alone stuff he's made like Star Trek that doesn't fit with someone else's franchise. Even if I was silly enough to waste money watching movies in a cinema, I wouldn't watch his so-called "Star Trek" movies - I already know they're ill-fitting garbage thanks to the trailers and other legitimate information on the Internet.

QuoteSo you would have preferred a new SW film to be directed by a complete and total unknown?

I want Star Wars to be made by someone who actually wants to make "Star Wars", who actually understands "Star Wars" ... rather than some over-egoed idiot who simply wants to make a name for themselves or thinks they know better than the person who created it what it "should" have been.

QuoteGeorge Lucas wasn't very good at deciding what SW should be himself, The Phantom Menace is universally mocked, as are most of the new trilogy. His dialogue-writing skills are poor. JJ Abrams was personally sought out. If you're so concerned, just don't watch the movie. You don't have to.

Abrams was brought in by Disney. George Lucas had no say in the decision at all, he has no say in anything any more since he stupidly sold the franchise and companies ... but that doesn't alter the fact that Star Wars is his creation, it was made how he wanted it to be and he is the ONLY person who has any moral right to make any changes to it.

Abrams doesn't HAVE to make some piece of ill-fitting garbage that kills off yet another franchise, but unfortunately he probably will.  :(

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Shadowed One on June 24, 2013, 12:08:10 PM
Wow, those are good points. And about SW, I COMPLETELY agree about Episode 1 being the worst.

Actually, ah dizagree. Ah zink ze firzt vone iz vone o' ze bezt (dezpite ze fact zat zere are only zix moviez, but me opinion includez aw o' ze ztoriez).

An' vith regardz tae zomevone makin' nev Ztar Varz moviez, ah agree zat zey zhould be made by zomebody actually interezted in furzerin' ze Ztar Varz ztory, nae zomebody vantin' tae make money off o' it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

LordTBT

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 24, 2013, 10:35:32 PM

No it's not - it's a fact. There are lots of idiotic ill-fitting changes ... that's why it's called a "reboot". Anyone who claims there aren't any changes is either blind, stupid, or simply never seen real Star Trek.

I'm sensing a lot of anger within you. Be careful, that leads to hate, which leads to the Dark Side ;)

Again, the only fact is that 90%+ of audiences and critics according to Rotten Tomatoes like the films. Cinemascore, a research firm that measures audiences, gave it an A+. And I'm fairly certain that many critics have seen old ST movies. It's ok to be in the minority and dislike it, but your opinion is not the majority by any means here, and the actual science of crowd-studying and review aggregation proves it.

I wouldn't watch his so-called "Star Trek" movies - I already know they're ill-fitting garbage thanks to the trailers and other legitimate information on the Internet.

So are you usually in the habit of deriding things you haven't seen as "garbage"? If you haven't seen the new movies, there's not much more to discuss. You can't "know" whether or not you're going to like or dislike something you haven't seen. I've walked into movies with very low expectations and enjoyed them, likewise I've walked into movies thinking I've going to enjoy them and not liked them at all.

Imagine that you met someone who said they thought Redwall was garbage, claimed to "know" this because they read it on the internet and looked at the cover of a novel, and refused to read the books. I'd think such a person was awfully close-minded and silly, but that's me.

I want Star Wars to be made by someone who actually wants to make "Star Wars", who actually understands "Star Wars" ... rather than some over-egoed idiot who simply wants to make a name for themselves or thinks they know better than the person who created it what it "should" have been.

I think the ad hominem of "idiot" is unnecessary. You've never met him. He's also not taking on this project to "make a name" for himself - he's already recognized with awards and nominations. If you oppose someone making a name for themselves, than you would oppose a totally unknown director.

Abrams was brought in by Disney. George Lucas had no say in the decision at all, he has no say in anything any more since he stupidly sold the franchise and companies ... but that doesn't alter the fact that Star Wars is his creation, it was made how he wanted it to be and he is the ONLY person who has any moral right to make any changes to it.

Abrams doesn't HAVE to make some piece of ill-fitting garbage that kills off yet another franchise, but unfortunately he probably will.  :(

Way to completely ignore how Episode 1 is routinely mocked, and that was made by the man himself. It seems like the only person you should be directing your anger towards is Mr. Lucas. He had every right to sell his intellectual property to Disney, which was then managed by his long-time associate Kathleen Kennedy, who sought out Mr. Abrams. Kennedy has been working directly with Lucas for over three decades, and is a more than capable caretaker of SW. Wonderful woman. Lucas gave up his rights to the property when he sold it. Be mad at him, but not JJ, who was sought out by Lucasfilm.

If you've decided you don't like JJ, that's fine. Don't see his movies. However criticizing those movies/works which you have not seen is totally out of bounds. Everything deserves a fair shake. Have I liked EVERYTHING he's done? No. But I gave it all a chance.

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: LordTBT on June 25, 2013, 12:23:34 AM
Again, the only fact is that 90%+ of audiences and critics according to Rotten Tomatoes like the films.

Oh dear, time to give up wasting any more time on this. You've obviously completely missed the point.  :(

Lutra

Wow...how'd we get onto Star Trek and JJ Abrams as a producer? :???  Lets talk Redwall here please and thank you. :)  We can always discuss Hollywood in Cavern Hole.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Right zen. Gettin' back tae ze zubject, ah actually like ze zeriez. Ah probably vouldnae vant tae zee zomebody try tae make a movie oot o' it, but ah ztill like ze vay it vaz done.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Shadowed One

Yeah, it was alright, but the animation was horrible, and they made all kinds of mistakes in it. Things like characters being in the wrong places and stuff like that.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on June 26, 2013, 10:08:38 PM
Yeah, it was alright, but the animation was horrible, and they made all kinds of mistakes in it. Things like characters being in the wrong places and stuff like that.
That was one thing why I really didn't like the first season. That season had more mistakes then the other two put together!

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 26, 2013, 10:09:56 PM
Quote from: Shadowed One on June 26, 2013, 10:08:38 PM
That was one thing why I really didn't like the first season. That season had more mistakes then the other two put together!
Yes it did have a lot more because it was the first.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Lutra

Actually, the thing that bothers me the most on Season 1 when it comes to the drawing, is Killconey....both in design and voice.  Missed the boat on that one.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lutra on June 27, 2013, 12:25:47 AM
Actually, the thing that bothers me the most on Season 1 when it comes to the drawing, is Killconey....both in design and voice.  Missed the boat on that one.
Wait, remind me who Killconey was?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Lutra on June 27, 2013, 12:25:47 AM
... Killconey... Missed the boat on that one.

Looks rather big to be a shrew, so that's probably why he missed the (log)boat.  ;)