Which characters appear in multiple books?

Started by Felldoh154, July 05, 2012, 06:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felldoh154

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

WildDoogyPlumm

Friar Butty, Nutwing, Tragglo, Sloey, Gubbio and a few others were in both The Long Patrol and Marlfox
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Felldoh154

wonder how many characters there are in all :O

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Felldoh154

Redwaller

Did anybody say Tansy and Arven?

And if you want to know how many characters there are in the books they will be listed on my website

Felldoh154

I looked at it, it lists the characters of redwall, but I was asking how many there were in the whole series put together

Redwaller

Yeah that's what i mean! It's still under construction! I would advise you to look at it again because i made major modifications.

Felldoh154

So u plan on having list of ALL characters in ALL books?? Whoa

Bragoon

The Redwall Wikia has an extremely handy list of all the characters, broken up into sections by books, although it doesn't actually have a number posted anywhere that I've seen.
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Character_Lists
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Felldoh154 on July 05, 2012, 07:58:02 PM
Ya it's rare that they are in more than 1 book. Generally mr. J tosses all his characters and then starts with a whole bunch of new ones - I don't know about you but I have tried writing before and I can't imagine trying to make new sets of characters over and over
I find characters are easy...NAMES are hard. XD I come up with so many character ideas at the slightest provocation...but how a writer can sit there and name that many characters is totally beyond me. It's usually a huge struggle to name even one, for me. I'm writing a fanfic right now, and I only have like six or seven characters that need names in the story, but so far THAT is the most daunting task ahead of me.

What does seem odd to me though, though I know this is a personal thing, is not being so attached to certain characters that you'd want to use them again. I understand not feeling that way about all of them, but I don't think I could bring myself to develop new characters just to toss them out after one story so frequently.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall