News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Official Redwall Abbey Forum Fanfic Awards (RAFF Awards)

Started by Captain Tammo, June 27, 2015, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Darkenmal

Eh... why not. I nominate two of my other fics.

1. The Last of the Long Patrol: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=5533.0

2. Gonff - The Great Caper: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=6606.0

Tags for Gonff - The Great Caper include [COMEDY], [ROMANTIC], [FLUFF]

"I closed my eyes, only to open them again. I did not know what to expect, but I was afraid of knowing the truth; the truth which my dreams have revealed..." - Swiftpaw, Lord of Salamandastron and the Defender of the Western Coast.

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

cairn destop

Since we are allowed to nominate our personal works, I'll submit mine per the categories listed.  I have no idea how to add tags, so I'll use the nomination listed:

1 ----- Best Canon-Related Fanfiction ----- A Change of Habit (What happens when Redwall selects a new leader.)

2 ----- Best Adventure ----- Youthful Disclosure (Not all quests are against a foe, sometimes the greatest quest is personal)
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Captain Tammo

The list has been updated :)

There are now 26 Fan Fictions in the competition and we still have six days left before we close submissions! Would your story win an award? Only one way to find out!

Also, be sure to click the "Notify" button to stay up to date on all things RAFF Awards! The official ceremony begins August 1st!

Quote from: cairn destop on July 14, 2015, 05:29:42 AM
Since we are allowed to nominate our personal works, I'll submit mine per the categories listed.  I have no idea how to add tags, so I'll use the nomination listed:

Since both of your Fan Fictions are already in the Fan Fiction Directory (and one has already been submitted into the contest), we'll be judging your Fan Fictions with the tags that they already have.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gonff the Mousethief

Alright Everyone! Today is The Last Day To Submit your Fancfictions! After today, the judges will read, judge, and decide on what works get which award! It will be an exciting time! Remember, the Official Ceremony will be August 1! See all of you then, and keep writing!

- PoM
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jukka the Sling

I'm allowed to submit a fanfic that I wrote for another contest, right?  If so, here: The Tale of the Blademaster.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

And with that, the submission thread is officially closed!

Thank you so much to everyone who participated. However, the best is still yet to come! The Official RAFF Awards Ceremony is set to kick off on August 1st and run through August 7th! We'll announce a couple awards each day (and hopefully have some guest presenters ::)), have some prizes for certain awards, and have an all around great event where we can have people come and hang out as they please!

Another fun thing that people may enjoy: from July 30-31, we will have a special Red-Sandstone Carpet Event (like a Red Carpet, but more Redwall-colored)! Here, you may come as yourself (or post as one or more of you Fan Fiction's characters! I know I will be!), make your special grand entrance as the paparazzi snap your picture and maybe get an interview with the Forum News Network! It's all meant to be good fun, so if RPing your entrance on the red carpet is not something that you are in to, I'll keep the side door propped open for you ;)

Something that should also be mentioned about the Awards Ceremony and Red Carpet Event:
A-N-Y-O-N-E may attend and play along as they please. It does not matter if you did or did not submitted a work into the competition, were a judge or not, are active exclusively on other boards-- that all doesn't matter. If this is something you'd like to be a part of, then come join the fun!

Now, if you excuse me, I have an event to start setting up with my team! If you have any questions or comments on anything I've said and need to get a hold of me, I'll be over there *points to a bulldozer that is almost certainly not necessary to set up the event of this size*

Hope to see you all at the Red Sandstone Carpet! Thanks again for helping make this competition a smashing success! :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior