Anywhere Is: An Anything Goes RP

Started by Tiny Jackalope, November 30, 2013, 04:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Hailey ran along the branch. "slow down Wait for meiiiii-" her last words turned into a shriek as she leaped from the end of the branch lost her footing and fell to the forest floor. There was a jolt and then everything went blank.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

Kogane looked back in time to see the squirrel fall to the forest floor, he sighed, he may hate this squirrel but he could never forgive himself if something happened to her. The marten jumped back across and climbed down the tree. He checked the squirrelmaid's pulse "Still alive then" he muttered. He picked up the squirrel and put her over his shoulder, it would seem that he would have to make his way to Redwall on foot.

OOC: Faiyloe if you have a problem with this please say so
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

OOC: That fine.

BIC: Hailey Felt like she was moving bouncing up and down. she opened her eyes a crack she saw the ground moving below her she quickly closed her eyes again. What had happened? She was dreaming that's it she... no she was not dreaming. she opened her eyes again as she began to remember. the blood was rushing to her head and she had a splinting head ache. She brought her paw to her head and said. "Could you stop bouncing for a moment and put me down,"       

Jetthebinturong

Kogane did as she requested and set her on the ground "Your sparrow lied to you" he said "We're almost there" he pointed down the path a bit to where they could see the abbey.

OOC: We've been traveling for about five minutes or so

Faiyloe

Hailey wobbled a little and placed a paw on a tree to steady her self and the other she brought up to her head. even without the bouncing it felt like someone had set off some explosives in her head.   

"Thank's how long was I out? I'm not normally that clumsy specially for a squirrel," She said.

Jetthebinturong

"You were out for less than ten minutes." replied the marten "Clumsiness is not a common occurrence in most beasts so I already assumed as much. When you feel like you can go on please tell me" Kogane may not like this squirrel but he was loath to leave her alone and injured, even if the abbey was such a short distance away.

estar222

"Ah. Arigato, my friend." Ashiga smiled cheerfully, his accent layering over the words like filo pastry in borek.

He turned to the abbey, and stared for a while at the fascinating construction of it.

Once as a child, when his tribe had been in a town, staying over, he had sat for hours watching builders lay bricks to a wall. The method of building had captivated him, and although he'd never had an inclination to do it himself, he'd always loved looking at buildings, and seeing how they were built.

A traitor for life, he was; but a bad person for none of it.
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Faiyloe

Hailey straitened and said "I'm good the abbey's not far. When I get there I'll find something to put on my head,"

Jetthebinturong

"As you wish" said Kogane and set off at a brisk pace towards the abbey. They arrived just in time to see a squirrel being let in. The marten bowed to the mouse at the door "Konnichiwa" he said "my name is Kogane and this is Hailey, may we stay here for a while?"

Rainshadow

"Oi," James groaned, putting a paw over his face, "just come in.  I don't even care anymore.  Just come in."

Meanwhile, the yelping Adeline was ushered - very rudely, in her opinion - out of the kitchen by the friar, stealing as many pastries as she could manage.  "Mmph!  Top notch, I say, top notch!  Ooh!  Do I spot a freshly baked apple pie over there?"

The friar shoved her out the door, exclaiming angrily, "No ya don't!  An' stay outta my kitchen!"

"Rude," the hare muttered before following the sound of chatter from another room.  Maybe they'd be willing to share food.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

estar222

Marching himself to the kitchen, and asking for green tea, Ashiga was met with an irate friar, who immediately shouted that tea should be brown, and not green.

Ashiga was ushered out in a frightful hurry by the friar when he asked what a scone was.

As he entered the courtyard, he saw that more people were entering the abbey, and he went to greet them, being the cheerful hitman that he was.
You want to know my name? My name? My name is not a word that I use anymore; you will never learn it. Instead, you can call me the colour that humans seem to think belongs to magic; you can call me the colour a monarch wears under his cape; you can call me Mauve.

Jetthebinturong

"What are you doing here?" Kogane had seen a face he hoped that he would never see again "Ashiga Marutsu, did you know that Emlei told me to tell you that the next time she saw you she'd either kiss you or kill you depending on her mood. Do you know what I said to her?" Kogane kept a level tone "I told her if I ever saw you again she'd never get the chance because I vowed to kill you that day and kill you I shall. Unfortunately this abbey does not allow violence so I'll have to wait for my revenge but mark my words Ashiga, I will have it" without another word Kogane stalked off across the abbey grounds

estar222

"Kogane? Kogane, no, I-"

No. There were no words at all. He could say nothing to redeem himself, nor could he do anything to redeem himself. Emlei would undoubtedly kill him if ever she met him, and Kogane had just professed his desire to kill him as soon as he left the abbey. He was a better fighter than both of them put together, of course, but...

There was no way he would ever win the fight against either. He couldn't strike them now; he had once struck them both in training... but that had been a long time ago.

"Then come what may. I'll face you if you wish it."

Jetthebinturong

"Face me and then what? Will you stab me in the back like my mentor or will you fight with honour this time?" Kogane paused "Yes I do wish to face you, outside on the path, tomorrow. Then we will see whether or not the assassin is also a warrior" Kogane entered the abbey and did not look back

estar222

Ashiga Marutsu was torn. Ashiga was a mighty warrior, and a clever assassin. He was arguably the best assassin in the land...

But Kogane was, and always had been, a better warrior.

If Ashiga were to face his old friend honourably, he would undoubtedly die. Part of the reason he had always been so successful was that he had cheated in every fight he'd ever been in. He had used devices, poisons, sneak attacks, and even garotte wire in his tacts, and each of them had been successful. Even when he'd been forced into an open fight, Ashiga had usually managed to outwit his opponent one way or another; but if he faced Kogane without all the tricks and tactics, there was a good chance that he would die.

On the other hand, if he fought him as he had fought all others in his life, then surely he would win, for no other living being was as good a trickster and a rogue as him! Not even The Mentor had rivaled him in cunning and guile, which was saying something.

The Mentor had not seen it coming, though.

The Mentor had been blinded by friendship.

At once, Ashiga was burdened with an aching in his heart. He regretted everything, The Mentor especially.

And if Ashiga won this fight too, through falsery, and smoke and mirrors... would he be able to live with himself? Kogane might not kill Ashiga at that point, but Ashiga might.