News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

I did not see that coming moments

Started by Wot, wot!, February 06, 2015, 05:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unimaginative

I was extremely surprised that Bane and Argular (ler?) were both killed off at the same time in Mossflower. I was also surprised when Balefur was killed in Outcast of Redwall.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Eulaliaaa!

That threw me off as well, I wasn't expecting that. I also wasn't expecting Warbeak to die, I could barely believe it the first time I read that part.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wot, wot!

Me too. Warbeak was an amazing sparrow. She was noble, brave, and a true friend. I was really sad when she died.

"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Hickory

Quote from: HanNorwood on February 12, 2015, 03:20:05 AM
I was extremely surprised that Bane and Argular (ler?) were both killed off at the same time in Mossflower. I was also surprised when Balefur was killed in Outcast of Redwall.
Argulor
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

JangoCoolguy

The weasel brothers killing Junty in Loamhedge. Even more shocking was they DIDN'T get killed, making this the only(?) time Jacque let vermin get away with murder.

Balefur going down like a total chump when he'd been set up as cool and interesting in Outcast of Redwall

The good guys deaths in middle part of The Rogue Crew (score one for the secondary bad guys! >_<)

Banya

They've already been mentioned, but the deaths of Swiffo in The Rogue Crew and Piknim in Pearls of Lutra hit me hard.  Swiffo's especially was so sudden I didn't really understand what had happened and had to go back and reread it.

Eulaliaaa!

The way Jeefra (High Rhulain) died was surprising. I didn't see it coming until he was begging his brother for help...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wydran Riverpaw

Quote from: Mhera on February 06, 2015, 07:30:17 PM
When Swiffo died in The Rogue Crew.

Definitely this. I remember being so sad when I read this part of the book.

Captain Tammo

When I was reading The Long Patrol (it was my first Redwall book that I read), I was not expecting Russa to be killed off. I would have placed money on her staying with it all the way through the book!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

JangoCoolguy

Remembered another one:

Viska killing Glurma and Jungo.

When the comic relief gets it, you know things have gotten out of hand... <_<

Hickory

Skyblade

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 12, 2015, 03:24:15 AM
That threw me off as well, I wasn't expecting that. I also wasn't expecting Warbeak to die, I could barely believe it the first time I read that part.

I didn't expect Warbeak to die either :(

Codj's death (from Eulaliaaa!) was also surprising, because I didn't expect him to be killed so early in the book.

Then again, most deaths are pretty unexpected.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Hickory

Dander (or Drander, whatever) in Rogue Crew. Typical BJ, quietly advancing a character in mention so that he's almost at the same level as the main characters, but at the same time in the backround, so when he's killed you're like, "Ahh! I suddenly realized how much I liked that guy!"

I really liked Drander  :P

The Skarzs

I was upset when he died, because I also really liked him, but I found a lot of the deaths in that book to be very underwhelming.

One thing I didn't see coming was in Doomwyte when all those moles kind plummeted to their doom.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Well, iit only said at first they they were laying limply on the mound, and later on it was offhandedly mentioned that they were dead.