I did not see that coming moments

Started by Wot, wot!, February 06, 2015, 05:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wot, wot!

I have had many moments while reading the Redwall books when something happened that I did not see coming. What are some of yours?

Here's one of mine :): When lord Rawnblade fell into the pit with the scorpion Scrabblag during the attack against Gabool. (Mariel of Redwall)
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Hickory

I totally saw that one coming.

I guess miine would be when Hon Rosie and Durry took control of the frogs in The Bellmaker and it totally worked!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Mhera

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

When Crumdun got off scot-free in The Rogue Crew. When vermin are involved, you usually expect them to die somehow.

Skyblade

Interesting thread! :) I would say there are quite a few unexpected deaths throughout the Redwall series. This adds more suspense and excitement. One never knows when another character is going to croak, and Brian Jacques didn't shy away from killing off characters of great relevance and importance both good and evil, either. Almost anything could happen ;)

I personally did not see Korvus Skurr throwing Sicariss in the pool with the giant, carnivorous fish (Doomwyte). So cruel and horrifying...yet so adding to the book! Upgrade the creepiness!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Yes, that's a good one.

I think the reason there were so many unexpected things to happen by the end of The Rogue Crew was because it wasn't fully completed by the time it was published. (At least, that's how I felt about the way it was written.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Starla1431

Eulaliaaa!

When Piknim died in Pearls of Lutra... that was so sad  :'(
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 06, 2015, 09:30:15 PM
When Drander died in The Rogue Crew. :P
Honestly, this is to be expected. Brian does kill of many characters he slowly developed, becuase, heck, vermin are evil!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

MeadowR

All that I can think at the moment, and even this is vague. In High Rhulain I didn't think the timid brother of the nasty cat was going to be killed, or at least so soon after being introduced. I hoped there would be more to that character and it was sad that he died so undeservedly. :/
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Eulaliaaa!

I agree, Jeefra shouldn't have been killed off so quickly (I actually kind of liked him, probably because of the name!), I really hated Pitru after that, and many other things he did...
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

MeadowR

^ Ahh, that's their names. Thanks. :p
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Eulaliaaa!

LT Sandpaw

I don't know, the series were rather predictable for the most part. I have to say one of the things I least expected was when Matthias lost to the rat thing and was thrown over the edge.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro