News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

RAF 5th Anniversary! Art Competition!

Started by Captain Tammo, July 31, 2016, 05:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dotti Dillworthy

Thank you so much for your very impressive review of my work, Leo!  :D
For me, it speaks of good old nostalgia and memories associated with the Redwall Abbey - that is, the old forum - that I was warmly welcomed a month before the siege. I made it in tapestry style as an epitome - yes, nothing could turn back the paws of time, but it serves as a reminder of those good old days for old and new ones to marvel. (And I would like to credit Gonff's fanfic for some scenes, but this was made with my own loving paws.)
I am planning to expand more of it in Bayeaux tapestry-style, enough for all its walls to fill in. It would be a massive project, but I'm glad that the spirits of Mr. Jacques and Martin the Warrior will be pleased with what I did for everyone on this forum.

Faiyloe

Those are all really awesome. I love how in each I can make out a bunch of characters just by specific little trademark things. Like my frying pan... Skarzs being the biggest thing in the room, Russa's frode, Gonffs blue fur, Eul's birdness,... and the lampshade thing (I think I missed something with that because I have no idea where it came from XD XP)

Anyway, about my stuff, If the piece was of you feel free to use it however you wish, The intention was to make things that could be cropped into profile pictures if they wanted.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Groddil

Heh heh heh heh heh. :p

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip on September 02, 2016, 12:02:47 PM
"Hi, I'm Sage Tip here reporting on the RAF art competition! Let's ask some of the competitions what they thought."

*holds up microphone to Skarz*

"Mr. Troll, what's you opinion of the competition and the other contestants' work?"
Like I said before, I think these competitions are good not only for the prize, but because of what it means to the community. Competitions can help bring members together in ways the other parts of the forum cannot, and it's always really fun to see what the others have done.
The other contestants all did a wonderful job on their projects. Each one is so filled with something special that they individually take away from this forum, and, as art is an expression of oneself, shows the way they look on and feel about the forum, what it means, and the hope they have for the future.

A note about my piece: I tried to add every active member, even the ones who didn't put in their form for the group picture thing. Here's a list of the members pictured.
Spoiler
Faiyloe
Cornflower/Peony
Jet
Fatch
Sky
Plugg/Kit
Banya
Rain
Leatho
Jukka and her sisters
Rosie
Dotti
Del
Mask
Gonff
Ashenwyte
Ashleg
Daskar
Matthias
James
Leo
Soren
Amarith
Galli
Eul
Sage
Sandpaw
Dan
[close]
Really sorry to everyone I missed.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Great job to everyone! We have a lot of talent here, and I'm proud to see all that ye've done. A hearty paw shake and back slap for each one of ye!

LONG LIVE THE REDWALL ABBEY FORUM!!!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Eulaliaaa!

Wow, I just saw these. They're all amazing, I love them ;D

(Faiy, do you mind if I use that picture you drew as my profile pic?)
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jetthebinturong

Not that I'm Faiy, but she did post this:
Quote from: Faiyloe on September 02, 2016, 01:00:25 PM
Anyway, about my stuff, If the piece was of you feel free to use it however you wish, The intention was to make things that could be cropped into profile pictures if they wanted.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Faiyloe

Like Jet said. That was my intention go right ahead.  ;D

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Faiyloe

You might want to crop it into a square first  so it doesn't look squished XP

Eulaliaaa!

Faiyloe

Here is a link to my DeveantArt.

http://caseydreamer.deviantart.com/

You should be able to download it from there and then you can put it in any photo editing app that you want.

Captain Tammo

By the way guys, PRIZES WILL BE HAPPENING! I was just a derp and forgot to bring the prizes with me when I left to go back to school. I'll have to send them out next time I'm home visiting :)

Also, I'm still working on a decision for how everyone placed in the contest, so sit tight just a little bit longer and I'll get back in touch with everyone again soon!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

These are very cool bits of Artwork everyone, just saying this young critique is very impressed. I wish I could draw like that. I'll just have to keep practicing I guess. ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro