News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

September Announcements: all KINDS of shenanigans!

Started by Captain Tammo, September 06, 2020, 07:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Hey all,

There's a lot of things going on around the forum right now - maybe more than we've seen in several months - and it's really, really awesome! The staff team and I met up last night to talk about where things are now and what we have planned to come. I thought I'd condense things into an announcement for the month here.

The great Redwall series read-along
Rosie's been leading the charge on the Redwall Read-along. We've decided to add an extra week to the first novel: Lord Brocktree. This is because since it's the first novel in the greater read-along, we thought it'd be nice to give a little extra time to everyone :) You can see Rosie's announcement over here.

Next book is Martin the Warrior and it'll start up Sunday, September 13!

Corn's party
In celebration of Cornflower's 10,000th post, her and Dann put together an RP-style celebration down in Cavern Hole (-erm, I mean The Kitchens). If you haven't popped in to take part in the fun, give it a shot! Things will be wrapping up in the next several days.

Fanfic / Fan Art Competition: Filling in the Gaps
Don't forget we're hosting a collaborative competition between the fanfiction and fan art boards! I'm really excited about this contest - it's a different twist on the usual kind of thing we've done in the past and the hope is that this will bring some really amazing creations to life! Entries are due in by September 26. Let one of the staff team know if you're still looking for a partner!

Ongoing RP tournament
Our fellow member, the great Shisteer of Nothing Much, is hosting an RP dueling tournament down in the RP boards. Go check it out if you haven't already! If you're not super familiar with RPing, Duels are a great place to start because they can be quick and teach you a lot of basics about working with other writers to make a narrative. It's a fun time!

Forum software updates
There's not much I can say here just yet since we'd like to give some of the ongoing events a chance to get going / wind down a bit first. But what I can say is this will be a much-needed update. The team's also going to let everyone have a chance to demo the update before it goes through. More on that later this month!

Staff changes
Today I'm taking a step back from the admin role and swapping my status back to that of a regular member. It's really exciting to see how the staff team's grown into a tight-knit group over the past few years, and I'd say that it's closer now that it has been in a long time! I have to give a big thanks to the whole team, both current and retired, for letting me play co-leader for this long. I feel grateful calling all of you friends, and it's a lot less sad knowing this isn't a goodbye -- just me changing my member status for the first time in a while. We've made really nice progress, and I hope you'll lead the community to such higher heights that all this pales in comparison. Hugs, high-fives and peppermint tea all around ;D
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Captain Tammo on September 06, 2020, 07:04:29 PM
Staff changes
Today I'm taking a step back from the admin role and swapping my status back to that of a regular member. It's really exciting to see how the staff team's grown into a tight-knit group over the past few years, and I'd say that it's closer now that it has been in a long time! I have to give a big thanks to the whole team, both current and retired, for letting me play co-leader for this long. I feel grateful calling all of you friends, and it's a lot less sad knowing this isn't a goodbye -- just me changing my member status for the first time in a while. We've made really nice progress, and I hope you'll lead the community to such higher heights that all this pales in comparison. Hugs, high-fives and peppermint tea all around ;D
Excellent, everything has gone according to plan.

I can now announce that from now on, this is a Southern Hemisphere-centric forum. All Northern Hemisphere residents are strictly lesser citizens. I shall rule as supreme dictator!

Fellow Australians, New Zealanders, Argentinians and other residents of the bottom half of the globe, join me!
Received mostly negative reviews.

DanielofRedwall

Okay, okay, let's just sweep that under the rug...

Onto more pressing news.

As I'm sure many of you might have noticed, there's a new admin in town!

@Dannflower Reguba has kindly agreed to step up to the role, and will look after the technical side of the forum in particular. I look forward to working alongside him!

I'd also like to take this time to publicly thank @Captain Tammo for his time. His efforts in making this forum a welcoming, fun community cannot be understated. It has been an absolute privilege to work alongside him. He's always been open and communicative and his ideas for improving the forum have been second to none. Congrats, mate, and enjoy your 'retirement'.

Let the era of the two Dan Admins begin! This won't get confusing at all!
Received mostly negative reviews.