News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

World Roleplay

Started by W0NWILL, October 28, 2014, 11:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W0NWILL

ADVENTURERS WANTED

Must be willing and able to sail

Cartographer will pay a team of adventurers well to discover and document new lands. Any interested parties meet in Snake's Blood Tavern the evening of the 28th of October.

Short and to the point, just like Hillary herself. The mouse sipped her beaker of October Ale as she waited for the adventurers her flyers would hopefully bring in. She was a bit iffy on the meeting place; the last thing she wanted was to get any beasts drunk, but the Snake's Blood Tavern was three important things.

1) Well-known and easy to find.

2) Close to the docks.

3) Had a fair amount of witnesses, so no creeps could try anything.

Hillary glanced towards the door for the fifth time in as many minutes, eager for the adventurers to arrive. It would be a quick meeting. They would meet each other, she would go over the basics of the journey, and they would all meet again at the Bay's Leaf in the morning to set sail.

Unimaginative

Kjettel Svarsson pushed open the doors to the inn, grinning ear to ear with thoughts of returning to his native Kulland. "A mug of ale, please," he asked the bar keeper in a distinct accent. "And then might you point me to any Cartographers who might be in this tavern?" The barkeeper nodded, handing over the Ale and pointing at Hillary.
Kjettel walked over and sat at the table, pulling the flier out of his bag. "This yours?" he asked gruffly.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

W0NWILL

Hillary smiled and nodded, "Aye, 'tis. Are you interested, sir? There's adventure and riches in it for you, and we're sailing on the best ship on the ocean." She spoke quickly, wanting to get her information out before he might loose interest.

Unimaginative

Kjettel waved her off. "The riches are not needed, so long as we head North at some point. There is something there tat greatly appeals to me." he said, letting his voice trail off. "I'm an experienced ship-beast, and I've done some travelling before, so I do think I'd be an asset on your expedition."

W0NWILL

"Sounds as if it's so." Hillary said, offering her paw, "My name is Hillary. Pleasure to meet you..." She trailed off, waiting for his name.

Trexonian

The tavern fell silent, as the doors swung open. A cloaked figure stood at the doorway. "Has the angel of death, the grim reaper himself come to this tavern to claim souls?" The intimidating wolverine stood, scanning the crowds of beasts, not noticing the tension he had created. As he walked forward, a few of the regulars ran out from behind him. He stopped and stared at Kjettel and then finally Hillary, and zeroed in on her calmly. He approached her table...moments passed, he then smiled warmly..slammed the Adventurer's flyer on the table..."Cartographer Hillary?" he said.

W0NWILL

Hillary quailed a bit at the huge wolverine, and stammered, "Y-yes. I am. I take it you are interested?" This beast was big enough to scoff all of their supplies! And there was going to be a hare onboard as well!

Trexonian

Very much so, I am High Captain Lexon of the Trexonian Army. In the name of science, exploration, and the study of cultures. I offer my services as a mercenary in your expedition. He responded. I am a professional warrior versed in all terrains, including the sea. He gave a friendly smile and offered a single claw as gesture for a paw shake.

W0NWILL

OOC: Hey Trex, could you use "these thingies"? That one thing makes your posts so much easier to read.

BIC: Hillary took the claw gingerly, smiling awkwardly at the wolverine, "Nice to meet you, Lexon. We'd be delighted to have you."

Trexonian

OOC. No! Just Kidding, will do.

BIC: "Excellent, I have no need to ask questions or discuss plan of travel just yet. It should save your breath explaining until the rest of your group shows up, but I do have an off topic question"  Lexon peers at the kitchen, and sniffs the air, looks back at Hillary, "what do you recommend to eat around here?"

Delthion

Having entered just a few minutes ago Hastigeth sat himself down beside Lexon; "Well, I would not recommend anything; it used to be terrible here. But I think they recently hired a new cook." said Hastigeth smiling, trying to conceal his original fear of the immense wolverine. Then he asked for a chamomile tea, and went into deep thought. He hated this country, it was too warm, no real winter and it just seemed that everything in this country that was wrong could go wrong. But he had resigned himself to it so that he could have hope of returning to Kulland.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Unimaginative

Kjettle took a swig of Ale to help recover from his shock at the Wolverine's immense size, then extended his hand. "Good t'meet you, I'm Kjettle Svarsson." he turned to the newcomer. "Who're you?" said Kjettle gruffly.

Delthion

"My name is unknown to most as I usually prefer to be solitary, but it is Hastigeth Icefur, Hastigeth is 'swift' in the language of Kulland." responded Hastigeth taking a large swig of his tea.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Trexonian

Lexon looked at Hastigeth with interest. Not many beasts can surprise him without him smelling them first, "Damn food, distracts my senses, I must stay focused" He muttered to himself. "Icefur? Thats a name of a northerner, I've come from the land of Ice and Snow myself. What can you tell of me of interest, I should know in these foreign lands?" Lexon curiously asked.

Lexon reached for Kjettle's paw and gave a respectful shake. "Likewise Kjettle, I am High Captain Lexon."

Lexon, studied the two companions intently, noting their mannerisms, habits and other things beasts wouldn't usually care about. He was in foreign land after all, and if it came down to fighting vermin, these beasts would have his back, as he would have theirs.

Delthion

OOC: What in the world did you use to receive the forum auto-correcter?!