News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Marvel (Comics, Movies, TV Shows)

Started by Søren, December 19, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

I didn't know today was the first day; my mom just wanted to a see a movie and it happened to be on :P But yes, I enjoyed it a lot.

Gonff the Mousethief

I'm seeing it tomorrow along with Mr. Holmes, so I'm pretty pumped.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Jetthebinturong

Okay, so as most of us probably know, MARVEL has got back the rights to Spider-man and he's going to appear in Captain America 3: Civil War. I've heard a few names tossed around for an actor to play him but the only one I remember is Logan Lerman. Personally I like Logan Lerman. I'm not a huge film afficionado, I basically only watch superhero movies and fantasy/sci-fi movies so I only know him from the Percy Jackson films. Granted that's not the best place to know an actor from but I really think he tries his best in those films, the utter awfulness of them is not his fault, I think he's probably the best part. I've heard from other sources that he's a good actor and I agree. He's probably my number 1 pick for Spider-Man so I'm good with that idea.

What do you guys think? If you don't like it, is there anyone else you think could do a better job as Spider-Man?

Also, do any of you have an idea of who you want the villain of MARVEL's first Spider-Man movie to be?

Also, I feel bad for Andrew Garfield. Like Logan as Percy, I think he tried his best to make TASM at least a little less bad and I really like  him. Hopefully TASM hasn't ruined his career.

Unrelated to that, if you guys could make a MARVEL/DC crossover with only two hero's franchises, who would it be? I haven't decided on mine yet but I think it would be interesting to hear your ideas.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Eulaliaaa!

I hadn't heard. That's pretty cool, I wonder who's side Spiderman will be on (aren't Captain America and Ironman supposed to be fighting, then it comes to a halt when Thanos comes (or... something like that)?). The only thing I worry about is how they're gonna fit all those characters into Avengers Infinity War.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Jetthebinturong

Thanos has nothing to do with it, he's in the far flung future.

Tony and Steve are fighting over a government act that requires all superheroes to register their identities with the government, Tony agrees, Cap doesn't. In the comics Tony manages to convince Peter to join his side, Peter unmasks, his life becomes hell. Lots of people die. That's basically it.

Somehow, I doubt the film will be that bad.

Eulaliaaa!

Huh, I didn't know that. Looking forward to it anyway, I know it'll probably be good. Heh, MARVEL made Ant-man look cool, I'll bet they could even pull off a Squirrel Girl movie (ok, well, that's an exaggeration, but still...)  :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

The Skarzs

"Squirrel Girl"? Do I want to know? :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

Jetthebinturong

She's the only character who has defeated Thanos and Doctor Doom singlehandedly. She's a cute, less adult Deadpool.

The Skarzs

O.O

Wow. Well, she might not make a good movie, but dang she sounds powerful as all get out. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

You should play as her in the MARVEL Lego game (if you have it). It's hilarious  ;D

The Skarzs

Doctor Doom. Defeated by squirrels thrown at him.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

She can mind control them too.

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on the Spider-Man thing?

Oh and did anyone know how powerful Doctor Doom was? He's immortal and has literally travelled to Hell to rescue his mother. And he's mastered science and magic and according to the Panther Spirit of Wakanda, he is the only hope for a future free of suffering. Oh, and he killed a lion with a single punch.