Defend Your Staff Member - The Sequel

Started by Rosie Willowwater, July 27, 2020, 08:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

A new day is dawning, and the members are yearning for a fight. A fight for their staff member, and against the wrath of the other, corrupt staff. In the great plains of "Popular Forum Games" a battle such as this was waged, but confusion and disarray corrupted the field, and a sort of truce was formed, for they turned to dance battles to settle their differences. This cannot do. I call you, my fellow members, to rise up and defend the staff once and for all! Blood shall be shed, but that is a price that we must pay for the good of forum-kind and the glory of the staff. Onward, to victory!
- - - - - -
Rules, Modified from my Mafia Game
#1. The platforms and obstacles scattered throughout the field are wooden structures/squares of varying sizes with ladders and sometimes ramps. You can introduce these when you interact with them during the game, but you must specify what the structure looks like in your post so the other player can follow. (Note: please do not just add a structure whenever you need it. This match needs a victor, and cannot be morphed to be set up in any player's favor.) Once a structure has been placed, it is permanent. Please space out structures as much as possible, and if I think you all are adding one too many, I have the power to ask you to reverse the post with the structure and nullify any following posts interacting with it. I will also periodically update the map in this post with the structures created, so please refer back here if you are confused.

#2. As I said in my last point, this match needs a victor, which will be chosen when all mods except one are defeated, along with their minions. When playing, please follow all known laws of logic, reaction time, and average agility. If you are attacked and cannot find a feasible way out of the situation, admit defeat and take the blow. You may attempt to save yourself by, for example, getting hit but blocking the blow with your arm instead of your face, but I might intervene and discount your save if it is too illogical. If you are unsure about a post, mention me at the end and I will make sure it isn't too far-fetched. :)

#3. Hand-to-hand combat is the encouraged way to fight, but you will be allowed one miscellaneous item (granted by me) to help you along. This can be anything from bouncy balls to a violin, and the more creative the usage of such items, the more likely I am to allow the move to be done. Attempting to distract a member by playing a shrill note on your violin to give you time to escape is both plausible and quite creative, and I may be more inclined to encourage certain members to take the blow if you make such actions.

#4. Please follow the forum rules and don't be gruesome in your posts. This is meant to be lighthearted. :)

#5. Have fun, and be creative! If all goes well there might be some surprises too. ;D
[close]

Map
[close]

Joining Teams
Alright, the time is now to choose! In this version of the game, there is a limit of two supporters per staff member, meaning that there are only 12 spots to fill. The beginning period of this game will be comprised of choosing teams. Once every staff member has a full team, the battle can begin.

When choosing a team, make a post saying something along the lines of "I am going to support Rosie" in the color of the staff member you are choosing. Once you have chosen, please do not make any posts until the fighting starts unless you have a question. Once the game starts, you may post as much as you like and will be given your special item. You cannot switch staff members at any point during the game, so choose wisely!

Daniel (Yellow):
Member 1 - Verdauga
Member 2 - shisteer of nothing much

Jukka (Green):
Member 1 - Sebias of Redwall
Member 2 - Scott Mclamok

Rosie (Navy):
Member 1 - Kreg
Member 2 - Amarith Waterspring

Corn (Blue):
Member 1 - Kade Rivok
Member 2 - Jarky Thistlebrush

Dann (Purple):
Member 1 - Captain Wortshire
Member 2 - Captain Tammo
[close]

Staff Actions
Until the supporters of a staff member are defeated, they will be in a small room surrounded by a force field. This room also contains a control panel at the front, where the staff can communicate with their team through a speakerphone and give small gifts to help them along. These gifts include an inflatable beach ball, an average first aid kit, and one day's worth of rations. Each gift can be given once by each team, but the team can hold onto it for as long as necessary. Again, don't forget to be creative! Once a staff member's team is defeated, the force-field will be let down and they must fight on their own to survive.
[close]

Sebias of Redwall

(Holy smokes, this sounds serious and intense.  :P I'll wait to see which team needs a player before I choose, if that's alright.)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Kreg

I shall defend my quite pristine and honorable sister.  :giggle:
You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Amarith Waterspring

This looks pretty fun! You've convinced me. I'll support you, Queen Rosie, 'til my dying breath!
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Cornflower MM

I love that Rosie's siblings are her team. XD

*Waits for minions*

Rosie Willowwater

You gotta make sure you have committed subjects.  ;D

Captain Wortshire

Might as well support the one I've been supporting on the other thread...
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

lass of something much

I'm sorry, my Queen, but I don't think I can join this fight :(
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Rosie Willowwater

That's alright! You should join Tammo, he is retiring soon and those old bones won't protect themselves  ;D

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

I'm with Tammo...Hopefully we can win something for him before he goes...
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Sebias of Redwall

(Is it just me, or are there two Danns? 😛)

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

There are two Danns.

Yeah, I'm with the Tomato all the way!
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Scott McLamok

*Holds hand out to Seb* May the best Corndaugan win!
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.