News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Signature Above Me

Started by Nightfire, September 13, 2011, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Grey Coincidence

Define 'Christian'? Because if they can't stand god... what are they?
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Jetthebinturong

I know that's probably supposed to be a "II" but all I can think of when I see it is a Gemini symbol.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Sebias of Redwall

To tell you the truth, the first one kinda confuses me.  :P
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jetthebinturong

An admirable sentiment, Samwise Gamgee.

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on September 18, 2019, 08:47:16 PM
To tell you the truth, the first one kinda confuses me.  :P
Oooooookay. This is gonna be a long explanation.
Mallek is a troll from the planet Alternia. Alternia is ruled in a brutal fascistic caste system based on blood colour. Fuchsia bloods are the rulers - there are only ever two of them in existence at a time, a queen (known as "Her Imperious Condescension") and an Heiress. The lowest blood colour is burgundy, who are the common peasants.
Full colour breakdown

The caste system is basically:
Fuchsia (Rulers)
Violet (Nobility)
Purple (Also nobility, just less important. Also somewhat of a theocracy, as most, if not all, purplebloods are part of a clown cult)
Indigo (Upper class)
Cerulean
Teal
Jade
Olive
Lime (Extinct - hunted down due to an unknown power they possessed that threatened the highbloods.)
Gold
Bronze
Burgundy/Rust
and then underneath them are mutants, who are eligible to be killed on sight.

Collectively, Fuchsia, Violet, Purple and Indigo are "highbloods"
Cerulean, Teal, Jade and Olive are "midbloods"
and Lime, Gold, Bronze and Rust are "lowbloods"
[close]

Any injustice done on lower blood colours by someone of a higher blood is considered to be their right, and not criminalised.
Alternia is inhabited only by children, after a rebellion (led by a lowblood called The Summoner) caused the Condescension to banish all adult trolls from the homeworld (her aim was to decentralise them so that no rebellious feelings could fester) and conscript them into her interstellar army to conquer other worlds. A troll is sent offworld at the age of 20 in human terms.
Therefore, Alternia is ruled by the Heiress. In Mallek's time this is Trizza Tethis, a social media-obsessed fourteen year-old who is perfectly willing to burn down a neighbourhood just for a sick selfie background. Trizza's rule is supported by an army of cyborg drones.
Mallek is a ceruleanblood, which makes him the top end of the midbloods. He's also 19 years-old in human terms, and less than a year away from being sent off-planet to fight in the space war. He has no exploitable powers (which is a whole thing about trolls I'm not going to get into - basically some of them have different sorts of psychic power, depending on their blood colour) so the assignment awaiting him is either a soldier or spy.
Mallek is a hacker, and wants to use his hacking skills to take control of the drones and take down the Heiress (but he insists he's not a revolutionary for lowblood rights. He's not one of the higher-blood who hates/is prejudiced against lowbloods, he realises the caste system is unfair and he hates it, he just feels like he only has the energy to worry about himself.), meaning he'll never have to go off and fight in the space war.

As for the way he types, every troll has a "quirk" which is a method of typing unique to them.
Mallek's is that he uses no punctuation, "=" instead of "is" and semi-colons instead of full stops (that's periods, to Americans). He also uses "!=" in place of "is not", but only when he's drunk, according to his writer.

He's my favourite Hiveswap character.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Sebias of Redwall

*Finishes reading Jet's post*

Ah, that makes more sense now. I've gotta admit, you take explaining something pretty seriously.  :P

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on September 18, 2019, 09:35:20 PM
An admiral sentiment, Samwise Gamgee.
Yup, I think so too!  :)

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

shisteer of nothing much

(God is good)
All the time and all the time, God is good!
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on September 20, 2019, 06:32:41 AM
(God is good)
Correct! (Have you seen God's not Dead by any chance?)

("One may be deceit. Two may be conspiracy. Three is the number I trust.")
Good ol' Halt.

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Kreg

You can't spell low IQ without a lot of boogaly (boo-ga-lee)

Come To My Shop!

OooooOOooo, shiny!

Kitsune

Jarky Thistlebrush

Wow. My tiny mind has trouble comprehending that.
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Sebias of Redwall

"I don't suppose I can have some more bally scoff? Y'see, I've only had a loaf of warm nutbread, two apple pies of great proportions, ten large meadowcream and raspberry topped cakes with marchpane flowers, five crusty deeper n' ever turnip n' tater n' beetroot pies, six fresh apples...
(List continues until end of time)"

I pretty sure it isn't, but is this a quote from one of the books? Or did ya make it up?

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Made it up.
LotR's great. And Sam is the best character.

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on September 20, 2019, 04:26:41 PM
Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on September 20, 2019, 06:32:41 AM
(God is good)
Correct! (Have you seen God's not Dead by any chance?)

("One may be deceit. Two may be conspiracy. Three is the number I trust.")
Good ol' Halt.
Yep, I've seen God's not Dead. I think I learnt that from our church though. They used to say it all the time.

"One may be deceit, two may be conspiracy, three is the number I trust." Is NOT a Halt saying! He happened to be the one to tell Will about it but he was actually quoting the old Celtic saying, not giving us more original Halt wisdom.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Tungro