News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The more random than that other thread thread

Started by James Gryphon, October 09, 2017, 04:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Shadow of Korriban

Yeah sorry, I saw that. I should have said who else:P
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Jukka the Sling

@The Witessss  Depending on what browser you're using, there will probably be an option in the right-click menu to "open image" or "open image location".  That'll give you the direct image link.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Delthion on January 18, 2019, 04:35:05 AM
Satanists did in Medieval Europe...

More like people who the authorities claimed were devil-worshipers had cats. Satanists barely even existed in medieval Europe.

Well I mean they definitely didn't, because Satanism refers to an atheistic philosophy proposed by Anton Lavey. But what I actually meant to say was that devil-worshippers probably barely existed in medieval Europe. Sure there were a few. But the vast majority of people accused of devil-worship were pagans, Gnostics, etc.

I found a little bit about Luciferians involving cats in their rituals, but I did also find this: "The Waldensians, or Vaudois, were accused of cannibalism, ... worship of the Devil in the form of a dog, and sorcery." Which is actual worship, not just having a cat present.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

I mean I was just being facetious about cat worship, and I genuinely don't care whether people like dogs more. (I do get angry when people treat dogs being better as fact, though.) But I don't mind getting into medieval religious attitudes.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Apples and oranges.
Liking dogs or cats is completely subjective. They're two completely different species and in general they both have separate overall personalities. It's honestly silly to see arguments about what is better, because it's an opinion. I can understand it when discussing what breed is better within the same species, like a Mein Coon vs a Siamese, or a house cat vs a tiger, or a Chihuahua vs a doberman, etc., But even then it's opinion. :P
I know, let's discuss whether females are better than males or vice versa! That'll turn out good with a definitive answer, won't it?

(Let's not, though.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shadow of Korriban

The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

The Witessss

Personally, i still think dogs are better, but that may be partially because i am highly allergic to cats, and have always lived with dogs and with a highly biased dogs v. cats family.
the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

The Shadow of Korriban

Is it weird that the PC I'm on smells like it's burning?  :-\

The Witessss

A little disturbing... I mean, just a little...

The Shadow of Korriban

The Witessss

Back away slowly from the computer, and you probably won't get hurt.

The Shadow of Korriban

Never mind. I just needed to lift it up a little, and it cooled down! ;D