News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Manly Thread

Started by phoenixfoden, October 28, 2012, 01:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

Quote from: Delthion on September 22, 2015, 05:11:02 AM
QuoteSoren the Warrior    12:10:30 AM    Viewing the topic The Girly Thread.

*Screenshot.* ;D ;D
Pssh, better then sitting around here talking about stubbing your toe.

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

OOOHHHHH! OHHHHH!!! *Horns blare.*
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on September 22, 2015, 12:52:49 PM
._.

I look at all your painful experiences and realise all my painful experiences were tame.

IKR?

@Skar: *Bursts out laughing*

Vilu Daskar

Three painful experiences.

1. In our fridge we had a drawer full of plastic water bottles, the drawer had a thing that curled over so you could grab it and pull it open, I wasn't paying attention, I kicked the drawer closed, and got a big cut, which was partly under my toe nail, that really hurt for some reason. Plus I stubbed the toe.

2. We had a really big paper cuter that I had been using to cut leather. I had to push it down fast so it would cut through the leather, I was also being careless since I had been doing it for a couple weeks. My finger was in the way and I almost chopped off the tip so I had to get stitches.

3. (This was when I was five so I was short and could do this.) I was running around a glass table chasing my little sister and rammed my forehead into the corner. My dad took me to the ER and I got stitches. The doctor said it was deep and my dad said I was looking up at the needle watching it go in and out.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Trigoma

So I saw the girly thread...and I'm not sure if we already have a thread like this but...I was thinking...If the girls have a thread...why can't we?! So here it is, the thread to talk about all things manly and awesome! Welcome to all men and boys here to talk about the manly concerns of the world!!!

Need to talk about bugs? We got you!

Need to talk about the manliest meal you've eaten today? Look no further!

Need to hear some manly advice about manly issues? We've got open ears!

Need to borrow some ones toenail clippers?.......well go away then cause that's gross.

Mmk lets do this! I love the Double Cheese Burger from Dennys! It's just like, so delicious with all that meat and manly unhealthiness!
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Ashleg

Yeah, I need to talk about bugs, I have a story about bugs.
I was at my friend's party (I was the only guy there) and we went into the basement to find a large spider on the wall.
I had everyone freaking out because I got really close and threatened to touch the spider. >: )

Lady Ashenwyte

I've been asked by some women when I was painting a toilet with them to kill a spider but I like spiders, so I drowned it in paint because that was the only method I had available to me at the moment. I still become sad about it sometimes. :((((
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Rosie Willowwater

*Walks in wearing a tutu*

*Slowly walks out*

Aimless Gallivanter

i enjoy double cheeseburgers and hate killing spiders........
im gay!!!!!!

Luftwaffles

I usually try to let insects live if I can help it. I have arachnophobia, but I figured that it's just better for the both of us to just to get out of each other's way.

~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Maudie

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on May 16, 2017, 04:15:09 PM
i enjoy double cheeseburgers and hate killing spiders........

I once smashed a spider with my bare fist. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

LT Sandpaw

I think that's an hourly occurrence in Australia. ;)

Anyway I have a story that involves insects. We were attending this fairly large picnic and we brought those fold-up camping chairs to sit in, we hadn't used them in awhile so they'd been sitting in our barn but we didn't think anything of it.

So when we opened up one of the chairs, at least ten cockroaches spill out and scurry off in every direction, and then the screaming began. And I remember looking in the chair's carrier bag and seeing just an absolute mass of insects still inside, and thinking to myself, good lord I gotta get this out of here.

I sprinted off about a half mile away and dumped them all in the river, and you wouldn't believe the amount of insects and spiders I dumped out of that bag. It was absurd.

So yeah, that's my insect story.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Trigoma

Hmm funny bug story...

Well I lived at this old house (built around 1900) with my mom and dad. My dad was at work and it was just me and my mom chilling at home. Well this old house we lived in had a lot of cracks in the foundation on the porch right outside...so for some odd reason my mom was like "I'm gonna spray bug spray into a crack on the porch!" Thus began the cockroach apocalypse.

Well first nothing happened when she sprayed but then one came running out. She sprayed it and stood there victorious with her can of raid...and then another one came out. And another...and another...and another...for the next 15 minutes it was a cockroach every 10 seconds.

So the best part of the story? Well it was lunch time and my dad decided to call...xD! So I answered the phone and he was like "Hey. What's going...on?" And all he could hear was my mom screaming "DIE!" in the background and the sound of foot stomps and aerosol bug spray sounds. I looked over at my mom and observed that she had a can of raid in her right hand and a broom in her left hand. She was doing some odd dance as if trying to keep both of her feet off of the ground at the same time. Needless to say my mom was eventually victorious and they stopped emerging from the cracks. I still "lol" so hard every time I think of this story xD
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman