News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebias of Redwall

Is it weird that I kinda wanna watch it even more now?  :giggle:
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: Scott McLamok on October 11, 2020, 05:09:54 AM
And finished Clone Wars
Ah, but that is where I must correct you, my friend.  Disney did not finish Clone Wars.  Before they so rudely destroyed Mr. Lucas and Davy's plans, Clone Wars was to have an eighth season.  Funny how they skipped out on the good-natured fans who had begged and pleaded for so long.  All they gave them was twelve episodes!!! >8( 8(
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

TheRedSnifit

Quote from: The Shadow of Korriban on October 08, 2020, 08:29:58 PM
Many uses of CGI in the prequels were necessary.  Such as Mr. Yoda himself.  If they had made Yoda a puppet for Episodes II and III, bad things were likely to brew. :(  How would practical effects work for a puppet battling Sith folk at high speeds?  And can you imagine using practical effects for the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin?

They probably would have just not made scenes of Yoda flipping around screaming like a banshee. I'm not sure that would have been a bad thing.

But like the other guy said, Lucas considered himself to be pioneering CGI. That's why he talked about Jar Jar, one of the first all-CGI characters in a live action movie, being the "key" to the whole. And the movies did turn out to be pioneering and influential for CGI, just in a cautionary "how not to do it" way. Attack of the Clones is the worst looking big budget blockbuster Hollywood has ever made.

The Shadow of Korriban

Quote from: TheRedSnifit on October 11, 2020, 06:48:13 AM
That's why he talked about Jar Jar, one of the first all-CGI characters in a live action movie, being the "key" to the whole.
Lol, "all CGI" is quite an exaggeration, my friend.

Spoiler

Even Mr. Lucas knew when to use practical means for strange looking aliens. :D
[close]
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Scott McLamok

Quote from: The Shadow of Korriban on October 11, 2020, 05:17:05 AM
Quote from: Scott McLamok on October 11, 2020, 05:09:54 AM
And finished Clone Wars
Ah, but that is where I must correct you, my friend.  Disney did not finish Clone Wars.  Before they so rudely destroyed Mr. Lucas and Davy's plans, Clone Wars was to have an eighth season.  Funny how they skipped out on the good-natured fans who had begged and pleaded for so long.  All they gave them was twelve episodes!!! >8( 8(
Better then nothing!
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

The Shadow of Korriban

The Mandalorian has tickled my fancy. :giggle:

Spoiler
Boba Fett!  He has returned.  I am so happy. :)  This is so grand.
[close]

The Shadow of Korriban

Has anyone else been viewing The Mandalorian? 8D ;D  So much has happened.

Scott McLamok

I haven't because me, Worty, my siblings, and my cousins are gonna binge watch it...But I got spoiled some of it....

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

The Shadow of Korriban

You got spoiled?  That's sad. 8(

Scott McLamok

This is the Way.

The Shadow of Korriban

Ugh, muffins.

Spoiler
I would call the latest episode of the Mandalorian filler, but stuff actually happened. 8D  AT LEAST NOW I CAN BE SURE THAT AHSOKA IS GONNA STAR IN THE NEXT EPISODE, hey? ^-^
[close]

The Skarzs

Just started the second season of The Mandalorian. Man, I am enjoying it. It feels more like an old western than a sci-fi show. XD
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Shadow of Korriban

*SCREAMS OF HOPE AND JOY CAN BE HEARD THROUGHOUT THE LAND*  Disney better not mess this up. 8D

Scott McLamok

This is the Way.