News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Role-playing Board Announcements

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 26, 2019, 12:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Hello! Allow me to introduce y'all to our fancy new RP Board Announcements topic! First things first, this is not a replacement for the forum announcements in any way. This topic exists as a way for me to directly communicate with the Roleplaying community in regards to new ideas, board issues, and a reiteration of event information (said events will still be posted to the primary announcements topic). This topic is accompanied by another new topic to serve as your means of responding and discussing things mentioned here (or even ideas that might have). This topic is currently an experiment, and I do not currently know how much it will be used. For the time being however, why not address the first idea at hand?

World States

So I have a strange problem when serving as the Game Master, and it's that I'm generally not satisfied with using the "vanilla," or "base," Redwall, canonical world. I like furthering the age it happens in, expanding the world, creating new people groups, etc. As one could imagine, this complicates the plot design process, and could even be a turn off for players due to the fact that this version of the world (or "World State") is less known to them. Recently, I was struck by the idea of creating something akin to a catalog of World States, different periods of time, development, technology, what have you, with additional information on new locations, townships/cities, geography, tribes, and any other bits of important information for that particular state. The very first one that comes to mind is that of a renaissance era  state with developed villages and towns centered around the currently existing pillars of safety, Redwall and Salamandastron. I hope the scope of what I'm suggesting has settled in, as this kind of undertaking would require a very serious amount of effort to see any success. To properly implement a world state would require a fairly detailed description of the world at large, as well as an updated map to properly indicate the general layout. The result of all these efforts being the option for GM's to put in a line to indicate a World State for their RP, which they can then alter the rules of (with much less trouble, mind you) to suit the RP they have in mind.

I would absolutely love to see some serious feedback, as well as any thoughts or ideas that the rest of the community has on these kinds of improvements for the future! Please make sure that y'all are making your posts count in the reaction thread, as these topics are not for mere excitement, but serve as a catalyst through which I hope to see new life breathed into this fantastic board.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dannflower Reguba

Duel Updates

Alright guys, this announcement revolves around RP duels, and some changes to the procedures when it comes to Duel OOC's, and Duel Searching. This announcement is accompanied by the addition of a new thread dedicated to searching for duels (No more searching in the OOC board! YAY!), the link to which will be provided at the end of the announcement. The specifics for how to use the new topic will be stated in the first post. As for the procedural changes, I'm looking to clean up the boards a bit (especially the OOC board), and in order to create a tidier space, Duels and their OOC's are now to be held within a single topic. To be more specific, if you decide to duel with someone, one participant will post the new topic for the duel. You don't need to have a name prepared, just put the names of the duelists up if you're still thinking. From that point forward, both your OOC discussion and BIC posts should be placed in that one topic. If you decide to name the Duel, or anything to that effect, simply change the title of the original post. These changes are effective immediately, but there are duel OOC's scattered to the four winds already. My plan is to eventually track all of these topics down with the intention of combining them with their IC counterparts. At this point, I must ask the lot of YOU for y'alls opinion/preference. When joining these topics together, would you prefer the OOC posts be put at the start or end? My initial thought would be to place them before the character posts, but I'm honestly not much into dueling, so I thought I'd look for your input here. (shameless plug to the response topic is clearly oh so shameless)

Link to search thread: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11149.0

Special thanks to our dear member @Cornflower MM for giving me the idea for the new thread!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dannflower Reguba

The Fantastic Meeting

The RP event board is finally active! And with an all-new event at that! I won't take any more of your team here though, go check it out! http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11353.0

Dannflower Reguba

Board(s) Explosion!

Oh boy have I got a doozy today! I just recently got the green light on a whopping FOUR BOARD ADDITION! Before I explain further, I shall present a very simple graphic for reference.

Spoiler
[close]

Three of these boards are to address ideas or problems I've brought up in previous announcements. Instead of combining Duel OOC's with their IC counterparts, they're getting their own board! Duel OOC's will be within the Dueling board. Both the dueling OOC's and normal OOC's have received their very own completed (or abandoned, etc.) boards to allow for some extremely overdue cleanup! To top things off, y'all will notice a conceptually brand new board under the OOC board as well, Worldstates are here! As time goes on, I will be moving many topics around to get things organized, and will also be posting an introduction/explanation of how the Worldstates board is to be used as well as the expectations of acceptable content. For all 2 teams of you that managed to finish the tournament challenge, you already know that I'm not necessarily going to be easy on this, y'all are creative, and I can't wait to see what we can make (fun fact, you can have teams of infinity for making them outside of tournaments!)!.... Oh hey, wasn't there supposed to be an award for that? http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11650.new#new

Dannflower Reguba

There is Stabbing to be Done

I've caught wind of our very own @shisteer of nothing much attempting to organize her very own dueling arena, right under my nose! Can you believe it?! So can I, anyway, you can find this miscreant and her cohorts at this location: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=11743.0 Should you deign to enter in the rabble rousing, the "rules" and whatnot can be found there as well. Be you novice or veteran, the arena welcomes all willing participants! I've even heard rumblings of a shiny thing if enough beasts throw them self into the fray!